rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good to see you back posting again here Colin. It will help you to keep it updated. We all know how life gets in the way at times but onwards and downwards again now and great to see that your other parameters have not suffered.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good to see you back posting again here Colin. It will help you to keep it updated. We all know how life gets in the way at times but onwards and downwards again now and great to see that your other parameters have not suffered.
I'm really rather buoyed by the fact that BG levels have been pretty stable throughout. It's been a mix of work stress, court case stuff, family stuff and a bout of flu - definitely flu and not CV19 as I tested negative. And I think I'm suffering a little from the lack of light as this is a north facing room so even with a massive window (roughly 12ft high by 4ft wide) the light levels drop as the day goes on. I may invest in a SAD desk lamp at some point to see if that helps.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm really rather buoyed by the fact that BG levels have been pretty stable throughout. It's been a mix of work stress, court case stuff, family stuff and a bout of flu - definitely flu and not CV19 as I tested negative. And I think I'm suffering a little from the lack of light as this is a north facing room so even with a massive window (roughly 12ft high by 4ft wide) the light levels drop as the day goes on. I may invest in a SAD desk lamp at some point to see if that helps.
I always find this time of year more difficult, but this year I am fearing more that it might be longer and darker. I have been fortunate this last week as have been able to get out and do tidying in the garden. The walks over the fields are begining to get a bit muddy.
May 32 year old son has been using his light for a few weeks he finds it helps.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Your spirit animal made me LOL :D I'm now trying to decide what my spirit animal is. Keep logging your weight, I need the inspiration.

ConfusedCraig

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So even with a massive window (roughly 12ft high by 4ft wide) the light levels drop as the day goes on. I may invest in a SAD desk lamp at some point to see if that helps.

Do you live in a church, or a building that used to be a church? Only kinds of places I have ever seen such oddly shaped and sized windows before.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Do you live in a church, or a building that used to be a church? Only kinds of places I have ever seen such oddly shaped and sized windows before.
Georgian house. I’ve got the ground floor and it’s pretty much north/south facing. Unfortunately the space where I work is north facing so very little light later in the day this time of year.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I got a led lamp to put in the corner where I work, as it is dark and I am working in my own shadow. It is like having bright morning sunshine coming in and it makes a big difference to the ambiance.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Quite a few wobbles recently but overall still not bad.

This morning I weighed in at 88.2kg.

My lessons come thick and fast from tracking my weight and how I feel. I know that if my weight creeps above 90kg I feel awful. I’m hot, sleep is worse than normal, I don’t like what I see in the mirror.
89kg I feel better but still don’t like what I see in my reflection.
88kg I can see a hint of a defined jawline.
87kg I have more energy.
86kg I sleep better.

I’m looking forward to spending time in the 85 and below zone to see how that feels :)

Attachments

• BC3656AE-CE0B-4060-994F-E8905066C528.jpeg
    BC3656AE-CE0B-4060-994F-E8905066C528.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 2
  • BCDB0401-EC8E-4DE0-ACD4-A082058E1A81.jpeg
    BCDB0401-EC8E-4DE0-ACD4-A082058E1A81.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Been slow but today 87.5kg. This is getting harder and harder to sustain. So....
I’m easing off the shakes and switching to a more conventionally low carb way of eating. I’m not aiming for full blown keto because I wouldn’t ever bother tracking macros etc but I’m currently defrosting salmon and chicken and I’m heading out to buy eggs, ghee and a couple of heads of broccoli and cauliflower.
I’m probably going to batch cook something with the chicken, I really fancy some kind of chicken and mushroom pie, topped with cauliflower mash of course, and eggs and salmon means I can rustle up something decent and warm for lunches during the week.
I’ll still use the shakes but I’m not intending on buying anymore.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So now in the fridge I have a huge beef roasting joint, chicken, salmon, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, avocado, cream, unsalted butter, swede and eggs, Parmesan, aged Gouda, mozzarella and vintage cheddar.
I’ve always got tonnes of spices and oils in the cupboard.

Now of course I’m not hungry in the least but I’ll start cooking again during the week. Working from home with the roast in the oven on a bed of swede etc would be lovely I think.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm on my way Colin.... what's your address?
My fridge is pretty much empty. I really should have gone shopping today but couldn't face the hoards. Going to tide myself over till Monday with some stuff out of the freezer and cupboards but only got a tiny amount of cheese left which is going on some cauliflower tonight and then I will be cheeseless!!! This is the diabetic equivalent of a desperate woman with no chocolate! Seriously concerned for the wellbeing of anyone who crosses my path tomorrow.... :eek:
Added to that I am reduced to having tinned evaporated milk in my coffee, which needs a bolus of insulin, because I am out of both milk and cream.... things are not good here. :(
That said, I have cracked open a bottle of wine and I am having a rack of lamb with my remaining celeriac chips from the other night which I am hoping will crisp up in the oven and some Brussel sprouts and the cauliflower cheese, so I am at least dining well tonight!

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
You’re welcome anytime @rebrascora

Just let me know when you’re pulling into Kings Cross and I’ll come and meet you! Lol

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
How very kind!
Sadly at this time of year I am tethered to home by my animals, but will definitely give you a shout if I am ever heading to the big smoke during the warmer months. X