ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A

Another good reason not to change it?
I thought they’d said it’s firmly about the restriction in calories and the resultant weight loss. It doesn’t seem to matter how you get the weight off.

I have an HbA1C test tomorrow (well the bloods being drawn for it) and I’ll get the results next week. I’m not expecting it to be in remission but I’m going to be disappointed if there isn’t some good news from the blood tests.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I thought they’d said it’s firmly about the restriction in calories and the resultant weight loss. It doesn’t seem to matter how you get the weight off.

I have an HbA1C test tomorrow (well the bloods being drawn for it) and I’ll get the results next week. I’m not expecting it to be in remission but I’m going to be disappointed if there isn’t some good news from the blood tests.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

I think it was more any weight loss would help a type 2 diabetic no matter what.
Professor Taylor had the question put to him once, but never made any comments on what the result could finally be. Just any weight loss would obviously help. This was picked up by some to justify any sort of "diabetic diet" they preferred as the way to go.
As to reversing diabetes, the only clinical test has been to the original shake diet. Anything else is speculation.
I have asked the question on here.
I am pleased that I have had confirmation that a diet with slow weigh loss did work, but unfortunately to date, it was from only one person.
Even the original trial of the Newcastle diet had better results, from 11 people, and there are certainly a much larger sample size on here, on many other diets, so I can't make any comment on that.
I hope the alternatives do achieve the same results for as many.

Last edited:

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

lord nelson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Linda,
Can you tell me what you exactly were told to eat and drink including any water and shakes and what food please.

Many Thanks

Mark.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Brilliant @ColinUK

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Linda,
Can you tell me what you exactly were told to eat and drink including any water and shakes and what food please.

Many Thanks

Mark.
Mark the advice is generally to do what it takes to drop 15kg. Layered on top of that is the suggestion that the best way to do that is to follow a very low calorie diet - 800 calories is often suggested - and get rid of the sugars in your diet as you do it.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That is an excellent result Colin and reflects all your hard work. I hope the nurse/doctor was suitably impressed and gave you a big pat on the back.
Huge WELL DONE!

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Excellent work.
A great effort, another great success, it does seem the Newcastle diet is the magic bullet..

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Fabulous, well done.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
HbA1C September 2020.... 38!

Got to pour all over the other test results but quite happy with that!

Nice!

But not surprised - well done.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
That is an excellent result Colin and reflects all your hard work. I hope the nurse/doctor was suitably impressed and gave you a big pat on the back.
Huge WELL DONE!
The nurse was stunned. She said I was the first person she’d ever seen reduced it by so much so quickly. She was also flabbergasted by the weight loss.
Her notes had me at 107kg originally and I came in at 87 on their scales yesterday.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Add my congratulations @ColinUK. Just shows what can be done if you make a plan and carry it out. Keep the thread going, there is a lot in here that people can learn from.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Add my congratulations @ColinUK. Just shows what can be done if you make a plan and carry it out. Keep the thread going, there is a lot in here that people can learn from.
I'll keep it going as I'm not finished yet!
I've got more weight to drop as I'd like to lower my BMI and then I've got to keep it off.

zuludog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Colin, and congrats on your continuing weight loss, diabetic results, and so on

But I wonder - have you got round to doing any of The London Loop yet?

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Colin, and congrats on your continuing weight loss, diabetic results, and so on

But I wonder - have you got round to doing any of The London Loop yet?
Some bits of it yes but nowhere near enough!

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The nurse was stunned. She said I was the first person she’d ever seen reduced it by so much so quickly. She was also flabbergasted by the weight loss.
Her notes had me at 107kg originally and I came in at 87 on their scales yesterday.

Awesome results @ColinUK

So pleased that all your hard work has paid off so brilliantly :)