Group 7-day waking average?

All this crumble talk is giving me belly rumbles!! Apple and bramble for the win all other crumbles should bow down to the glory of the one true crumble!!, now said crumble way to many times and it sounds and looks weird off to walk the hellhound I've been getting the thousand yard glare for the past ten minutes and I'll find a present in shoe if I don't get a wriggle on

We like ginger in ours. I must try orange but it does need some sweetener, I can't quite manage it without.
Yes, I'm a fan of stem ginger in it too.
He says he’s lovely, I don’t eat chutney as I can’t stand vinegar.
Love rhubarb chutney! I'm sure Mr Eggy is right and he is lovely too. :D

13.8 this morning, which is actually an improvement on the last couple of days. Still full of the covid, that plus diabetes does feel a challenging combination.

Morning all... well @ColinUK and @Grannylorraine will be well on their way now. Hope all is going well for them. Lovely photo BTW.

7.4 first thing this morning, which isn't bad after last night as I had a hot chocolate with sugar to keep me topped up as I left half my dinner after bolussing for it.

@eggyg do you leave the chutney for at least 3 months before opening it? If you open it right after it's made it will indeed taste of vinegar. I have kept some Apple chutney for over a year now and it doesn't taste of vinegar at all. I hate vinegar too. I recall when I was still working and I was asking colleagues for jars as I had been given a humongous bag of apples. I gave some chutney to an Austrian colleague who came back to me the next morning apologising as she told me she hated the vinegary contents... I looked at her open mouthed and said "you've not opened it have you?" I hadn't realised that they don't have chutney in Austria so she had no idea about keeping it.

Good morning! Started at 8'1, a bit high for me in the morning but it's now back to normal. I was very careful with my injection today. Yesterday was a bit high all day, though I also had wine and diet coke from a tap (which could well be full sugar and I wouldn't notice). I had a proper Saturday night out in the club and everything. Lots of dancing! 🙂 I wouldn't usually go because I worked this morning but it was a special occasion and totally worth it. Obviously now my brain is suffering from the lack of sleep, but nothing a good nap can't fix. Have a great Sunday!

Hmm ginger in a rhubarb crumble, I might add that, not sure: rhubarb, strawberries, ginger, sugar, butter? I would hate to ruin my efforts.

It seems that with everything turned off that I can turn off sensibly (ie fridge stays on, router stays on) my house draws 15 Watts! Ok the fridge is in quiet mode but on the odd occasion it goes into a cool frenzy it is still about 50 Watts. Biggest energy killers are the kettle (2.8 KWatts) and lounge light (140 Watts but we never use it and it is an LED light fixture too, through a dimmer switch). Biggest possible energy killer is of course, the central heating, but we have reduced our usage of that considerably. This months energy costs will be interesting.

I don't understand it, but why did they have to change the energy price cap at all, and why did they introduce it in the first place, and, if it WAS needed why is it not needed now?

Sigh

6.2 this morning.
Son and I went and collected the new mattress yesterday evening, though it felt like forever until I got the message to say it was ready. Wasn't sure where click and collect was, but went to underground car park and there it was - gee I must have walked past or near it too many times to count in the past! Plenty of "collection only" spaces to park in, so we were very close to the place. I think it took us all of 3 minutes to ring the bell, get seen to and have it pushed out on a trolley for us - in the back of the car and away!
Came home and started cooking, was so hungry by this time, but soon felt full! Son and I will tackle getting old mattress out and down the two flights of stairs today, will probably try and squeeze it in garage, then will need to book a slot at the "tip" to drop it off there.
Best of luck to @ColinUK and @Grannylorraine on their amazing venture today.

Morning all... well @ColinUK and @Grannylorraine will be well on their way now. Hope all is going well for them. Lovely photo BTW.

7.4 first thing this morning, which isn't bad after last night as I had a hot chocolate with sugar to keep me topped up as I left half my dinner after bolussing for it.

@eggyg do you leave the chutney for at least 3 months before opening it? If you open it right after it's made it will indeed taste of vinegar. I have kept some Apple chutney for over a year now and it doesn't taste of vinegar at all. I hate vinegar too. I recall when I was still working and I was asking colleagues for jars as I had been given a humongous bag of apples. I gave some chutney to an Austrian colleague who came back to me the next morning apologising as she told me she hated the vinegary contents... I looked at her open mouthed and said "you've not opened it have you?" I hadn't realised that they don't have chutney in Austria so she had no idea about keeping it.
He usually/tries to leaves it for six months or so. But it’s the thought of the vinegar just being in there that puts me off. I have to leave the house when’s he’s doing his chutneys and pickles. I get a headache and feel nauseous. I really can’t abide the smell at all. I have a phobia of pickled onions and I used to make him keep the jars in the shed! I’ve relented now and they’ve moved into the utility room cupboard! When the kids were at home I wouldn’t allow them pickled onion or vinegar crisps. Cruel mother that I am. :rofl:

I don't understand it, but why did they have to change the energy price cap at all, and why did they introduce it in the first place, and, if it WAS needed why is it not needed now?
Politicians playing popular politics - its one of life's few constants!
Martin Lewis gave a sensible explanation to the background and why its currently not a realistic option. But still politics.

Heardle in 1 second
Back from a light walk with the furby today's antics was the hellhound trying to bring a tree home as a prize and the obligatory seeing off of the squirrels who then sit chittering at her from on high thus infurating the hellhound and her running round the trunk barking up a storm and then off to next trunk I live with a maniac!!

Attachments

• 20190711_101434.jpg
    20190711_101434.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 8
Wi-fi at caravan has been awful these last few days so have taken ages to catch up on the posts even though it’s only been just over 24 hrs. Loving all the various conversations. Anyhow 7.8 for me today and now back at home ready for another exhilarating week at work.
@ColinUK and @Grannylorraine I expect you have finished by now, lovely photo, so good you could meet up. I know congratulations will be in order as you are both AMAZING.
Have a good Sunday all xxx

I rarely appear on this thread, but this morning woke up on 8.2, which is a triumph.

Yesterday made a pizza, using olive oil in making the dough. Lots of fat laden Italian meat products, so not just a belt of insulin but also Creon. Well, that insulin kept me at 13 for three hours - dead straight line. Went to bed, intending to correct this, but still felt as though I’d just eaten. Went up to 16, then 17 with an upward arrow. That was the dough arriving. Three additional doses of insulin started turning that around, and, feart of going into a hypo just waited to see what happened. BG shot down to 8.2 and stopped there. Now normally, the evening Levemir would slowly drift that down to 6. It didn’t - dead straight line on 8.2 ( or 7.8 on fingersticking).

Although this sounds like gastroparesis, it isn’t. It’s an effect of the chronic pancreatitis and the Creon. Only ever happens in the evening meal for some reason, so I just have to delay the bolus for the meal by half an hour, waiting for the BG start to lift. You may think that a long time, but one day last month I had my usual brunch, which that day was a bacon barm cake. Didn’t affect my BG at all. Had to have a mid afternoon snack, because of a falling BG, then had the evening meal, starting that with a BG of 4.2. Still waiting for a BG to rise, but had to wait for another hour. Then it all started. All the food I’d eaten that day arrived. In no time I was up to 20, so another blast of insulin brought that into line, took about an hour to start the downward plunge, this time a tad too far, but nothing a few chocolate chip biscuits couldn’t rein in. Woke up on 6.1 the next morning. Another triumph of MDI. I did report this saga to my hospital DSN, but have no reply yet. Also, a 6.1 waking BG wouldn’t be considered abnormal, which rather shows the hoops we have to get through are invisible - and covers up a multitude of sins😉

Finished. Back home. Took longer to get home than to do the last few miles!

It’s very sociable and I have to say I enjoyed it even though my knee hurts like crazy now.

Official time 3:10:35 which I’m chuffed with.
Tested immediately after and got a 5.3 as well!

Now the oven is on and there’s a pizza to go in.

Finished. Back home. Took longer to get home than to do the last few miles!

It’s very sociable and I have to say I enjoyed it even though my knee hurts like crazy now.

Official time 3:10:35 which I’m chuffed with.
Tested immediately after and got a 5.3 as well!

Now the oven is on and there’s a pizza to go in.
Brilliant - well done! Superstar! *****

What a hero you are! Enjoy the pizza and get some Ibuprofen on that knee. Hope you sleep well tonight. XX

They look amazing do you have a recipe for the scones ? I have a my husbands birthday coming up and would love to make something that I know won’t spike me dessert wise 🙂
I have a book on Amazon that is free if you have Kindle Unlimited with Prime and there are recipes in there for a number of cakes and desserts. The scones will be in my next cookbook. I also have recipes on my Facebook page which are linked to in my signature underneath.

Oh and my waking number this morning was 5.4 🙂

@ColinUK well done. No way could I run in a marathon type event. I'm just not built for it. I hope you had good weather throughout too

Back