Group 7-day waking average?

I'm so pleased that you have joined us here and I love that you feel sufficiently comfortable to slot straight in with us and share stuff. We are all a bit oddball in our own different ways, so one more just adds to the party! Variety is the spice of life as they say.
Not sure if you are one for puzzles but it is almost obligatory to do Wordle here on this thread, so if you haven't yet discovered Wordle have a go.... https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle...... and if you are into music in a big way, you might want to try Heardle....https://www.heardle.app/ Feel free to announce and gloat over any major triumphs but be prepared to be trumped as there is usually someone here who went one better to steal your glory! ....
..... I got Wordle in 3 today which made me rather chuffed.... forgot to mention it earlier
I got in three too. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! :rofl:

My three gratefuls today.
1. Feel better than I’ve felt for three weeks. Have only coughed 87 times!
2. I’ve made the most delicious cauliflower cheese soup.
3. At last we’ve hunted down Hovis Granary Flour after trying Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s. In Morrisons of all places. We walked there, 5 miles. “ Eeh, it were a reet long way to go for a Hovis”.

I managed Wordle in 4 today. Heardle yesterday was in 1, totally failed it today.

Well, i put the new sensor on at teatime yesterday. So far its not great. Its showing i'm in the 11s and 12s when finger prick shows its 6s and 7s. If it keeps up like this tomorrow, it will be another call to Abbott. (Hopefully now i've threatened that it might settle down? Fingers crossed).
@GRIFFINLONEWALKER i know nothing really about tourettes so as @rebrascora has said, please let us know how best we can support or respond.

Just back from duck butt watching with the furhead Im super touched by the comments to be honest I think I've been looking for a safe space I look at my tourettes with a lot of humour and I'm me there's not much anyone can do apart from ducking when I'm having a hard day and I can't surpress the tics it's a big part of me so I think I'm so open and honest about it because it helps me me sharing my misadventures is a way of release please laugh away I do its super OK I'm glad I can brighten someones day you've helped me so much to get back on the wagon so to speak! so it's a symbiotic thing.....
And here's a another hole with the same hellhound doing her thing I'm off to go face first into some food
Peace x

Yeah I know i forgot the picture!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_180413.jpg
    IMG_20220402_180413.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 15
Just back from duck butt watching with the furhead Im super touched by the comments to be honest I think I've been looking for a safe space I look at my tourettes with a lot of humour and I'm me there's not much anyone can do apart from ducking when I'm having a hard day and I can't surpress the tics it's a big part of me so I think I'm so open and honest about it because it helps me me sharing my misadventures is a way of release please laugh away I do its super OK I'm glad I can brighten someones day you've helped me so much to get back on the wagon so to speak! so it's a symbiotic thing.....
And here's a another hole with the same hellhound doing her thing I'm off to go face first into some food
Peace x
There’s lots of us who’ve found that this is a safe space to be open about an awful lot of things way beyond just the diabetes.
You don’t have to censor yourself here that’s for sure.
For me it’s one of the most amazing access supportive places I’ve found. And I’m very grateful that I did.

Peace x
An Ah Hah! emoji! I have to admit I was puzzled, Scratching Head emoji, by your posts & Tourette’s never occurred to me! 😳o_O Other than the term & a vague idea of people uncontrollably swearing I don’t know much about it either! BUT, the spectrum of members here is SO wide, NOT just about diabetes, that I’m learning things from members’ posts that cover a wider range of stuff OTHER than just diabetes & like learning about new things!🙂

Good morning everyone

BG 4.9 which is good

Nothing planned for today. I must admit that I am getting a bit bored at times.

I am refocussing my efforts on getting my Cholesterol down. Swapped butter out for Bertolini margerine, added plant sterol supplements, added Allicin supplements, added psyllium husk supplements, increased exercise, no idea if it will actually improve things. Time will tell.

Anyone found a successful means of reducing Cholesterol?

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.
I was diagnosed with early stage fatty liver disease at the same time as my diabetes in January 2019.
My blood pressure and cholesterol levels were high.
I changed to a high fat very low carb way of eating aka keto.
My version involved making the sort of foods I never ate before but using a lot of fibre to achieve that.
So I have been eating vast amounts of psyllium husk and oat fibre and bamboo fibre and using almond flour/ground almonds and coconut flour and vital wheat gluten and flax seeds and chia seeds ever since. But not as supplements - as ingredients to make cakes and bread and pasta and pastry and custards. I have also been eating a lot of gelatine and red meat and plenty of lettuce and cucumber and cauliflower and radishes and celery. I use cranberries quite a bit in moderate amounts. Oh and tons of eggs and cream. There are two of us in the house and I buy at least fifteen eggs a week and sometimes 21 eggs and we use them all.

Within three months of eating this way my blood tests were showing normal for cholesterol with my good cholesterol raised and bad cholesterol dropped and the fatty liver was sorted. My blood pressure had improved but it took a couple more months before I could stop with my beta blockers and just keep them for coping with my social anxiety.

I wouldn't urge anyone to stuff themselves with eggs etc etc but it worked for me.
This was our afternoon tea and my blood sugars didn't go higher than 5.5 all afternoon after eating three scones with jam and cream and before bed it is down to 4.9 after my nightly peppermint tea. I used my usual low carb ingredients to make the scones and the jam was strawberries and cranberries and a tad of gelatine with some erythritol.
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 8.51.28 PM.png

Good morning everyone.

BG 4.9 happy with that.

My daughter came on a surprise visit yesterday and we had a great time. A full house full of laughter, food, play (with they 3yr old daughter). Sadly she was very worked up about affording to live going forwards. Who isn't.

They brought some fresh rhubarb with them. Fresh from their allotment. I will have to try to work out how to make a rhubarb crumble today. Do I use digestive biscuits in the topping or make them from scratch with flour and butter and the dreaded sugar. Hmmm. Not sure right now.

Good luck those doing running today.

Did a major update to the App yesterday. Kept me very busy (when the family were not here). Glad I did it. I increased the med and supplement notifications/reminders on the home page to 20 each. It required a lot of messing about with shapes and code which I find very absorbing.

Have a great day today whatever you get up to.

Good morning everyone.

BG 4.9 happy with that.

My daughter came on a surprise visit yesterday and we had a great time. A full house full of laughter, food, play (with they 3yr old daughter). Sadly she was very worked up about affording to live going forwards. Who isn't.

They brought some fresh rhubarb with them. Fresh from their allotment. I will have to try to work out how to make a rhubarb crumble today. Do I use digestive biscuits in the topping or make them from scratch with flour and butter and the dreaded sugar. Hmmm. Not sure right now.

Good luck those doing running today.

Did a major update to the App yesterday. Kept me very busy (when the family were not here). Glad I did it. I increased the med and supplement notifications/reminders on the home page to 20 each. It required a lot of messing about with shapes and code which I find very absorbing.

Have a great day today whatever you get up to.
Make a crumble topping with butter, ground almonds, sweetener of choice, maybe oats in there too.
Oh and add strawberries to the rhubarb.

And send me a portion when it’s ready please!

Strawberries? Never thought of that. Thanks

If I manage to work it out I will post a picture

I’m still in bed. Alarm set for 7am which gives me 90 minutes to get ready and wander down to Charing Cross where I’m meeting @Grannylorraine for 8:30.
Our start time is 10:15 (we’re in the same start wave).

BG this morning 6.0

The electrician came yesterday to finish off what he couldn’t finish the other day. Left him here for a couple of hours and returned when he said he was tidying up and all done. First words out of his mouth when I got back were “I’ll have to come back during the week to finish off….”
It’s a two day job which has been ongoing now since September. But he’s charming so it’s hard to get annoyed with him really.

Anyway… I’m going to shower, shave etc (thinking a shave might cut my wind resistance down and give me 1/1000th of a second time boost) and get ready after checking my kit for the umpteenth time.

Looks like the day is set fair with 12 degrees high, no rain and a gentle breeze in London so hopefully wherever you are you have an equally lovely spring day and you enjoy it.

Cx

Strawberries? Never thought of that. Thanks

If I manage to work it out I will post a picture
Rhubarb and strawberry is a classic combo and it’s delicious.

Just make sure the fat content in the topping is high enough otherwise it doesn’t crisp up.
Sometimes I bake the topping on a baking sheet and then add it to the fruit (already baked but under parchment) and give it an extra blast in the oven to bring the whole thing together.

Lots of R & S low carb crumble recipes on Mr Google 🙂

A distinctly chilly "Good Morning" from West Wales. The best thing I can say about the 6 a.m. stable check is that it wasn't noticeably any colder than the one at 3 a.m. Result the same - a sleepy whicker, half shut eyes, and the feeling I was being asked if I suffered from insomnia. Oh well, doubtless it will arrive eventually. Dog not amused by early walk on crackling ground - he does prefer his comfort. Shot home like a rocket at the words "time for breakfast". I haven't had mine yet but BG was 5.8 at 0600. Pity about the diabetes as it would be a prime day for porridge.

Extra good luck to @ColinUK and @Grannylorraine - have a super day.

Morning all

10 this morning, but I did eat loads of carbs yesterday. Leaving home soon to get the train, then meet @ColinUK before we run.

Thank you all for your support.EF350091-27F3-44E6-929F-3B82A5B2E2CB.jpeg

I just noticed that my new power smart meter display IS showing an increased price in its 'usage now display' (I think).

Quite depressing if what I see is true.

Still, gotta do that rhubarb crumble anyway. 🙂

Good morning 5.7 today

@Gwynn its quite shocking quite how much energy prices have risen to, on a positive at least your aware what your spending with your smart meter as your using the energy.
some people will keep using energy without the realisation of the huge cost until the bills arrive.

good luck @Grannylorraine & @ColinUK with to days run 🙂

I caught up and submitted the outstanding expenses claims to my employer yesterday.
household tasks like hoovering house & car clearing out & cleaning the car (car needs doing badly)

Have a great day everybody, wherever you are & whatever your doing 😎

🙂Morning all. 🙂6.1 here.

The top of the shed was white when I got up but the sun’s shining. The dogs were bouncing off the kitchen walls when I went downstairs, so I think they’ve forgiven me for the stint in kennels. They loooove cold, wet grass for some reason. Right, off down the beach...good luck runners @ColinUK and @Grannylorraine!

Back