• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Group 7-day waking average?

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week :)

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning :)

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! ;))

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
5.3 from me this morning (despite over indulging in food last night :eek:) but woke to a 4.3 yesterday...

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
4.5 yesterday and 5.1 this morning. Unfair advantage me thinks as I have a pump :)

glitteryredshoes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Havent been on here in forever with work and all, but thought I'd look in.
I woke up to a 6.1 which is pretty good since Ive been waking up to sevens the last week :/
Its going to be interesting to see the weeks results :)

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
7.8 this morning which is at the upper limit of what I think is OK. Have been running slightly high for a week or so, but on the plus side only one hypo in 9 days!

Robster65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had a blip this morning with 9.5 but have mitigating circumstances.

It's been in the 4s and 5s recently, with a couple of 3s after busy days.

Promise not to spoil the average from tomorrow.:eek:

Rob

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
5.8 when I woke @ 9.20 this morn ( past 5 days were 3.9, 3.2, 3.3, 3.8 & 3.9) think the vodies I had last night helped !

5.8 is better than 3s I think Di! Do you get hypo symptoms at those levels? I'd be a bit worried as quite often you drop lower than your waking level in the middle of the night so you might be getting a bit too used to levels at the low end of the range and not getting woken by even lower levels. Do you think your levemir needs a tweak?

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
5.8 is better than 3s I think Di! Do you get hypo symptoms at those levels? I'd be a bit worried as quite often you drop lower than your waking level in the middle of the night so you might be getting a bit too used to levels at the low end of the range and not getting woken by even lower levels. Do you think your levemir needs a tweak?

I increased the levemir when I was having highs and am in process of bringing it down. Woke at 5 am with the 3.2 during week. Down to 9 units again and monitoring. I do feel hypo when I get below 4. Had a few in the 2's in the eves last week so reduced the novo as well x