Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone at not quite as stupid o'clock, but close.

BG 5.0 which is fine.

Silly question time.

I have fought hard, aimed squarely, not budged an inch from my set goals, focussed totally and directly on the one direction, for a year now. Got my weight down to 55.5Kg, D into unofficial remission, feel fit and well. All good....

But, I ended up looking gaunt, old, tired.

So I changed tack a few days ago and ate more, put on weight up to 56Kg and now look a lot better. Not gaunt. BG still spot on. Not as tired too.

So, to the question...is it possible i have 'over done' things and might cause harm rather than good if I were to carry on in the same vein, and is it sensible for me to have changed my goal from 55.5Kg to 56Kg and now to relax my tight grip slightly. Would that possibly be the start of a slippery road back to D? I am terrified of screwing things up and ending up in a mess, but I do look a lot better right now.

Wife was still very good and well yesterday, even with the real intruder of the unpleasant kitchen fitter. Phew!!!
You’re never likely to go back to your old ways of eating after being so mindful for so long. Relaxing a bit is fine if that’s how you feel better.
You know you better than anyone else so you’re the final arbiter of what’s right for you.
Just remember that we’re here to support you no matter what path you take.

No reading, no time, off to hospital AGAIN.
@MeeTooTeeTwo congrats on the HS
Must dash x

Morning all. :D 6.6 here - FINally, the effect of Sunday’s gardening marathon has worn off. It’s interesting how long it lasted (to me, anyway).😉

Good luck @SueEK!

Weight loss can have that effect @Gwynn - I guess you just need to find the sweet spot and go with it. 🙂

I had to google Tracy-Ann Oberman @ColinUK - and I still don’t recognize her LOL. Keep dropping names and eventually I’ll recognize one of them, and go “ooooooo”. 😛

Morning all, 4.8 here, slept right up to the alarm, so Dawn hadn’t had time to get going.
I remember Tracy-Ann Oberman in Eastenders, @ColinUK, because my kids were hooked on it at the time. She came across (in the part) as slightly thick. Then she was on one of those Test the Nation quiz things where everyone played along at home and tested their IQ, and she was the highest scoring of the panellists. She’s obviously a very bright woman.

Morning all. 6.9 at 7.30 but 5.6 at 5.30 when I got up for the loo! What happened in those two hours to make it raise? I did wake with a stinking headache. Maybe that?

Back oop north after a brief sojourn in the West Midlands. Funeral went as well as expected, a bit of a long church service, no singing, we just listened to the hymns. 🙄 Then a short drive to the cemetery and interment. A few words from the vicar, a bit chucking of soil and home. No wake or anything. Very strange. The Carlisle contingent ( 4/5 remaining brothers and wives) met up at Stafford services on the M6 for a cuppa, cake and natter. Then home by 4.30. Shattered and drained, but today’s another day and we’re off into town to buy birthday presents for a granddaughter who turns 9 next week. A much happier trip. Will also buy a first wedding anniversary card for our middle daughter and her husband. Can you believe it’s one whole year since they got married in Blackpool. It was the first day of Lancashire going into some tier or other at the very last minute and we couldn’t have a reception, and they ended up in all the national newspapers! Time does fly doesn’t it?

Anyhoo, I’ve bored you enough today. Have a fab Thursday all. @SueEK all fingers and toes crossed for today. @MeeTooTeeTwo congrats on the HS, @ColinUK I once had a pressure cooker blow with a curry in! Total kitchen redecoration required! 🙂

I’m going to leave you with a photo I snapped whilst at traffic lights yesterday on the way to the funeral. It made me smile, although I don’t condone such behaviour in the middle of October. 😛

Attachments

• B97F2CFF-5FF2-42F2-8D86-63C81C153ADD.jpeg
    B97F2CFF-5FF2-42F2-8D86-63C81C153ADD.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
Morning All
A late start for me today. didn’t wake till 8:00. Must be that I watched passed episodes of Silent Witness last night or could have been due to tiredness. Who knows or cares? Did me good.
woke with BG of 6.6. Higher than the 4.8 at bedtime but that would have been because of the Slice of toast and 4 cream crackers just before midnight. The drop wasn’t as steep as I thought! But it at least stayed in the green.

Well done on that evasive HS @MeeTooTeeTwo
Time to ring the Diabetes Team for a review when they ring me back.
Have a great and safe day.

7.1 today. Maybe that's about the right level for me, seems pretty consistent. Never been anywhere near the HS. I've been so good diet and exercise wise too since diagnosis. At least I've lost a fair few kilos.
Re the kitchen appliance discussion-does anyone remember the electric frypans popular in the 1970's? They were really good until the non-stick wore off. Deep enough to cook a large chicken. Don't seem to be available any more....
Cheers Tony.

Good morning. 7:8 for me today. big letdown after yesterday’s. I got spammed on Facebook messenger ( what else is new) I blocked them, took a screenshot and put it on Facebook to let others know it’s a con! Next thing I’m blocked again on Facebook for 7 days! I’ve just finished one! They’re just picking on anything now and calling it security. I’ve lost 3 Twitter accounts as well. I’m not giving them any phone number. They want more and more of your information for something that was supposed to be entertainment! Yesterday was not a good day for communication As some of you know I’m getting harrassment on this site from someone ! Not this forum!
Motability engineer coming to fit new batteries on the scooter this morning. I almost never got home the other day as power was down to zero. I kept stopping and switching it off and then got a little more power and home eventually. Almost finished the wallpaper scraping but the person dealing with the plastering of the living room wall has been sick and I’ve only a week before decorator comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all made the mistake of not taking the scanner to bed and was 7.3 by the the time I did a reading. Nevermind a 5.2 on the finger before breakfast.

Was going to pick laptop up this morning but snapped exhaust pipe has put that on hold.

Have a good day everyone.

Another one here on the 6.4 step.

@SueEK - hope you get to this appointment and it goes well.

@ColinUK - hope you make it home in time for your appointment.

@MeeTooTeeTwo and @khskel on your HS.

Have a good day everyone.

5.0 for me but hypoed again about an hour before the alarm went off and had the full 15g carbs this time. I think the problem is that I have moved my evening Levemir forward to tackle a problem of rising levels about 7pm in the evening and as a result it is causing a peak when I least need it in the early hours. Might need to go back to bedtime injection and just use Fiasp to cover that evening rise for the time being.

@MeeTooTeeTwo Congrats on another HS. You make it look so easy!

7.1 today. Maybe that's about the right level for me, seems pretty consistent. Never been anywhere near the HS. I've been so good diet and exercise wise too since diagnosis. At least I've lost a fair few kilos.
Re the kitchen appliance discussion-does anyone remember the electric frypans popular in the 1970's? They were really good until the non-stick wore off. Deep enough to cook a large chicken. Don't seem to be available any more....
Cheers Tony.
Are those like the Remoska I think they're called which they sell in Lakeland?

Are those like the Remoska I think they're called which they sell in Lakeland?
The electric frying pans were, well, frying pan shaped, then had a big domed lid. My cousin had one, and I remember her cooking a curry in it, but you were limited as to how much you could put in by the height (or lack of) of the frying pan walls. The heating element was in the bottom, whereas in the Remoska it’s in the top, and you can layer different foods. I bought my son a Remoska when he was in a studio flat with just rings and a microwave, so he could do larger hunks of meat, and roast potatoes, as well as casseroles etc. You’re supposed to be able to cook cakes in them, but I never tried.

The electric frying pans were, well, frying pan shaped, then had a big domed lid. My cousin had one, and I remember her cooking a curry in it, but you were limited as to how much you could put in by the height (or lack of) of the frying pan walls. The heating element was in the bottom, whereas in the Remoska it’s in the top, and you can layer different foods. I bought my son a Remoska when he was in a studio flat with just rings and a microwave, so he could do larger hunks of meat, and roast potatoes, as well as casseroles etc. You’re supposed to be able to cook cakes in them, but I never tried.
I'm sure you can cook cakes in a studio flat.

lol

I'm sure you can cook cakes in a studio flat
Ha-di-hah!
Horses for courses, I think, it looks like they've moved on from when I saw my cousin's, they’re a lot deeper than hers, so you can cook larger amounts. I assume you’d need to stir things around a bit in an electric frying pan, whereas in the Remoska, because the heating element doesn’t touch the food, you can just leave it and it’s less likely to burn on the bottom. You can’t fry stuff in a Remoska, though, but I felt that as son had got an electric ring, an ordinary frying pan on that would do.

Back