Group 7-day waking average?

7.4 today. No accidents or traffic jams yesterday so got to hospital on time. They decided catheter is working so probably healing problems, another imaging appt on Monday (11th visit and costing us a fortune). Got home and realised they hadn’t given me the leg and night bags and I only have one left so will no doubt be spending the weekend getting up every couple of hours to drain bag. Signed off for yet another 2 weeks. Am now 10 weeks post op today and very very frustrated.
Anyhow have a good day all x

Morning all on this frosty morning. My temperature gauge is showing 2.5 degrees! A very nice 5.9. Whatever was bothering me has hopefully done one.

It’s my 11th diaversary today, 11 years since I received the news that I’d been expecting for nearly three years. It feels like I’ve never not been diabetic. It’s just part and parcel of life now and just think, if I was a muggle I wouldn’t know you lovely lot. I wouldn’t have walked some of the SWCP with @SB2015 last month and I wouldn’t be meeting up with @Stitch147 for lunch on Sunday. And of course I wouldn’t have sat in various Wetherspoons putting the world to rights with @Northerner, @mikeyB, @Hazel, @Carolg amongst others. Every cloud. 🙂

Have a fab Friday everyone. 🙂

7.4 today. No accidents or traffic jams yesterday so got to hospital on time. They decided catheter is working so probably healing problems, another imaging appt on Monday (11th visit and costing us a fortune). Got home and realised they hadn’t given me the leg and night bags and I only have one left so will no doubt be spending the weekend getting up every couple of hours to drain bag. Signed off for yet another 2 weeks. Am now 10 weeks post op today and very very frustrated.
Anyhow have a good day all x
Glad you got there ok today. Sorry things aren’t going as fast as you’d hope but fingers crossed it will all be over soon and you’ll be back to your old self before you know it. X

Morning all on this frosty morning. My temperature gauge is showing 2.5 degrees! A very nice 5.9. Whatever was bothering me has hopefully done one.

It’s my 11th diaversary today, 11 years since I received the news that I’d been expecting for nearly three years. It feels like I’ve never not been diabetic. It’s just part and parcel of life now and just think, if I was a muggle I wouldn’t know you lovely lot. I wouldn’t have walked some of the SWCP with @SB2015 last month and I wouldn’t be meeting up with @Stitch147 for lunch on Sunday. And of course I wouldn’t have sat in various Wetherspoons putting the world to rights with @Northerner, @mikeyB, @Hazel, @Carolg amongst others. Every cloud. 🙂

Happy diaversary are @eggyg . I look forward to our next walk.

6.1 today.

Not really got very much more to add today so have a good one and no doubt I’ll pop by at various points today and chip in to the conversation 🙂

2.5!!!!! Maybe I should pack my thermals!!!

7.4 today, dull and overcast and 13deg at the moment in Poole.

Good Morning All
A 7.0 for me today ahead of a fairly busy Friday.
Enjoy!

It went down to 1.9! Steadily working it’s way up, now a balmy 2.7!
Ha ha! It’s still tee shirt weather up here! Beautiful and sunny though.
We're just leaving Essex, I'll try and leave the rain behind!

5.6 this cold morning but the skies are clear and blue. 🙂

Dez

6.2 this morning, up late so no morning run, will have to do it after work before it gets dark now, but today is a 6k run so should get that in ok.

@SueEK - pleased you got your appointment, but totally understand your frustration.

@eggyg - happy diaversary, hope you and Stitch enjoy yourselves.

Have a good Friday everyone.

A 6.0 for me at 05:41 this morning. 13 degrees and thick, grey clouds here in West Berks. We even had a drizzly rain shower on the way home from the school run.

@ColinUK What can you tell us about challah? My son had it toasted with jam this morning and loved it! I have to say before I made it I had never heard of it so keen to learn more.

@adrian1der It is delicious. When done right it’s the best of breads. When done commercially on a large scale for supermarkets it’s something quite different.
We have a family recipe but I prefer the Ottolenghi recipe myself. Unfortunately that version isn’t terribly versatile because it uses butter in the recipe and that means it’s restricted use. Doesn’t bother me but I couldn’t make that for my folks for example.
The family version uses oil and a tiny bit of honey for sweetness.

Was your version round or a 3 strand plait? Or more?!

The three strands are meant to represent Earth, Heaven, God.
Round ones are used for festivals as they symbolise continuity, renewal etc.

What would you like to know?

Oh and nothing beats good quality butter on a piece of good challah.

Oh dear, dear, dear! 02:20 BS 12.2! 😱 Slept over my LR alarm & it’s over 3 hours late: NOT a great start; worse was to come!:(

Spent most of yesterday, apart from waking reading, in the teens from 10’s to 14’s as I definitely have a wee chill/cold with a chesty cough & trying to cough gently as I swear I could feel my insides moving that made my cycle heavier; cycles & coughing don’t mix well with me; never have & it’s a double whammy bad combo! 😱:( Wasn’t getting any drops & just rising BS so, started ramping up the insulin once I knew THAT for certain!🙄 Haven’t quite ramped up either quite enough yet since I’ve been up & ate breakfast & lunch already but, getting there bit by bit: after breakfast 05:04 BS 13.8 & after lunch 08:40 BS 12.7! Still need more insulin, drinking loads of water & going to the toilet a lot because of it! Eating ready meals, I’m afraid, & haven’t done any cooking!😳

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Watched episode 4 of Rupaul’s Drag Race UK of the girl groups challenge & It takes Two with the breaking news of Ugo & Oti not dancing this weekend due to Ugo injuring his back but, hopefully dancing the following week? Also watched a LOT of GBBO on all 4 app of series 1, 2 & 3! In the middle of series 4 now, last year’s 2020 after I saw last night’s episode of series 5, this year’s 2021! o_O All 4 has loads of ads that BBC iPlayer doesn’t have & quite annoying BUT, I DID notice that there seems to be an ecological theme that’s emerging, maybe it was there before, since Prince William’s Earthshot Prize launched:- McDonald’s recycling; Carlsberg’s getting rid of plastic rings on their 6 packs & planting seagrasss etc. Although I didn’t know @Copepod that well as she had already passed away, unbeknownst to me until later, by the time I joined these forums in March 2018, it made me think of her & how pleased she would be as she chose her member name for those sea creatures, the copepods ,& advocated getting rid of non biodegradable plastics that invariably end up in the oceans & are hazardous to marine life!🙂 The revolution has already started with cardboard tubes cotton buds & metal reusable straws & now getting rid of plastic 6 pack beer rings; what else can be got rid of in the near future as we, the public, demand that things change & companies have to take note of?🙄🙂

Morning all and 5.9 for me.

Bright but cold, going to get some washing out to see if the sun does anything to it.

Software to install on refurb laptop. Haven't fired it up yet but looks in near new condition.

Have a good day everyone.

Happy Diaversary! 🙂

Back