Group 7-day waking average?

My cold has arrived. I feel dreadful today and BG running high at 6.7 at 06:29. At least the baby sleep past his usual 05:15 wake up. He didn't surface until nearly 07:00 today just as I was leaving for the school run.

@Gwynn so pleased to hear you had a good day with your wife yesterday and scored an HS today. Well done!
Hope you feel better soon Adrian

Jeanette- sorry about your weather, I shall think of you as I sit at the cafe on Gold Hill (the hovis advert one) enjoying my lunch and looking out over the sunny Purbeck Hills looking towards Lulworth Cove and Kimmeridge.......
Lol rub it in. I shall think of you when I’m in Lanzarote for 3-5 weeks over winter. All going well. The Hovis Hill. You must be fit lol

Ooh all the advice I’ve seen is specifically not to use olive oil. Far too low a burning point. Staub and others suggest using “vegetable” oil but that’s mostly oilseed rape these days hence why I plumped for the rice bran oil. It’s got a really high burning point.

Also can’t put De Buyer skillets in the oven for longer than 10 minutes at 200. Something about the manufacturing process they use.

It’s entirely academic whether it can go in the oven or not at the moment because I don’t currently have a working oven.
The cooker blows the main fuse and there’s no point replacing the cooker until the flat is ready to be rewired and the electrician isn’t available for a while.
Also the question then comes up of if the place is being rewired and a new cooker bought then is that the right time to rip out the kitchen….

Meanwhile I’m cooking on a one ring induction hob. Everything. On the one ring.
I’m even thinking about picking up perhaps a halogen oven or a combi meecrowavee or something as a stop gap.
I’ve a combo microwave and still only heat things up in it. I never used the grill or oven on the last one either. I wonder if it would fuse also

6.4 this morning. BP oddly up a little but I think that's as a result of assorted legal stresses more than anything else.

Slight pain in my knee lingering from the Park Run last weekend but every intention of doing it again this Saturday but I'll take it much easier and will basically walk the 5K so no chance of a new PB!

Spoke with the SOIT officer yesterday. All is fine. They had a family emergency which took them away about 5 minutes before our appointment was due to start and they assumed that someone else would contact me and explain. Everyone else thought that he'd done it.

Honestly my biggest concern was that he was OK. I was asked by Met CC and by him if I wanted to lodge a formal complaint and I couldn't stress how much my main concern was that he was alright.

We've rescheduled the VRI for this Saturday mid afternoon.

In other news I've just thrown my hat firmly into the ring for a promotion at work. If anything comes of it who knows but sometimes it's just the right thing to do to put a marker of intent down.

Oh and the toilet has broken so I'm now doing bucket flushes until the plumber can come out and that's likely next week so #Joy!

6.4 this morning. BP oddly up a little but I think that's as a result of assorted legal stresses more than anything else.

Slight pain in my knee lingering from the Park Run last weekend but every intention of doing it again this Saturday but I'll take it much easier and will basically walk the 5K so no chance of a new PB!

Spoke with the SOIT officer yesterday. All is fine. They had a family emergency which took them away about 5 minutes before our appointment was due to start and they assumed that someone else would contact me and explain. Everyone else thought that he'd done it.

Honestly my biggest concern was that he was OK. I was asked by Met CC and by him if I wanted to lodge a formal complaint and I couldn't stress how much my main concern was that he was alright.

We've rescheduled the VRI for this Saturday mid afternoon.

In other news I've just thrown my hat firmly into the ring for a promotion at work. If anything comes of it who knows but sometimes it's just the right thing to do to put a marker of intent down.

Oh and the toilet has broken so I'm now doing bucket flushes until the plumber can come out and that's likely next week so #Joy!
If it’s brown flush it down. If it’s yellow let it mellow

Saves on water too!
Yes. Some people live like that for environmental reasons but I would only do it an emergency. I like my own environment kept nice. brcause Of asthma I don’t use air fresheners.
oh echo switched itself on again this morning. I had been in hospital overnight a few months ago and came home to music blaring. It was Alexa having a party when I was out. Neighbour upstairs reported woman upstairs for playing music all night.
Going to see The Last Duel on Friday evening. It stars Jodie Comer in a period drama. Trailer looks good. I went to see her in the movie with Ryan Reynolds. I didn’t like it and left. Hopefully this one‘s better. Our Cinema is still being used asa temporary courthouse to clear the Covid backlog . Restricted movie times.
Do you watch Only Connect? Victoria Coren Mitchel had a black eye on Monday evening . Wonder if David and her had a slight altercation

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Some people live like that for environmental reasons but I would only do it an emergency. I like my own environment kept nice. brcause Of asthma I don’t use air fresheners.
oh echo switched itself on again this morning. I had been in hospital overnight a few months ago and came home to music blaring. It was Alexa having a party when I was out. Neighbour upstairs reported woman upstairs for playing music all night.
Going to see The Last Duel on Friday evening. It stars Jodie Comer in a period drama. Trailer looks good. I went to see her in the movie with Ryan Reynolds. I didn’t like it and left. Hopefully this one‘s better. Our Cinema is still being used asa temporary courthouse to clear the Covid backlog . Restricted movie times.
Do you watch Only Connect? Victoria’s Coren Mitchel had a black eye on Monday evening . Wonder if David and her had a slight altercation
Apparently the baby elbowed her in the eye!
Last Duel looks interesting but doubt I'll head to the flicks to see it. I'll wait until it's on some kind of streaming service and watch it at home.

Alexa does sometimes throw a wobbly and refuses to reduce volume even when I'm shouting at her to shut up!

Aghh what a horrible experience I just had with the kitchen fitter.

He was rude on the phone, but I put it down to stress.....

He arrived and started complaining from the start....no parking....

He was 'off', rude, unpleasant and made 'comments'. He didn't want me to watch him, in my house, whilst he worked (or did whatever he could if I were not watching). I actually had no choice for the sake of my wife, but he didn't have to make it all so unpleasant. Slamming things about, muttering things. I tried to explain as subtly as I could but it made no difference.

It made me absolutely determined to stay and 'observe'.

Mind you he worked fast so he could get out of the house as quickly as possible. Job done. And its ok.

So glad he's not a DSN or GP !!

I am now totally stressed out by it all.

However, you never know he might have had a terrible day already or some family trouble....you never know. So I will put it to one side and hope that his day improves.

Aghh what a horrible experience I just had with the kitchen fitter.

He was rude on the phone, but I put it down to stress.....

He arrived and started complaining from the start....no parking....

He was 'off', rude, unpleasant and made 'comments'. He didn't want me to watch him, in my house, whilst he worked (or did whatever he could if I were not watching). I actually had no choice for the sake of my wife, but he didn't have to make it all so unpleasant. Slamming things about, muttering things. I tried to explain as subtly as I could but it made no difference.

It made me absolutely determined to stay and 'observe'.

Mind you he worked fast so he could get out of the house as quickly as possible. Job done. And its ok.

So glad he's not a DSN or GP !!

I am now totally stressed out by it all.

However, you never know he might have had a terrible day already or some family trouble....you never know. So I will put it to one side and hope that his day improves.
At least it's sorted. Hopefully.
Who is the kitchen by/from?

Last Duel looks interesting but doubt I'll head to the flicks to see it. I'll wait until it's on some kind of streaming service and watch it at home.

Alexa does sometimes throw a wobbly and refuses to reduce volume even when I'm shouting at her to shut up!
Don’t ever ask Alexa what a woman wants. She’ll just keep going endlessly!!!!
Lol

It was Wrens kitchens.

As you say 'at least its done' 🙂

Kitchen needs cleaning now and then we have to put everything back in its proper place. Order resumes.

Now I know. Must be some strong breast milk she’s producing lol
i think if I stay out overnight I will unplug the echo

I noticed there’s quite a few movies on the Disney channel that have been in the cinema not too long ago,

I thought her daughter was about 5 by now, I don’t think she’s had another. She tweeted that it was a temporary tattoo, I must admit, I wondered if it was covering up something, but then again, a couple of weeks ago she appeared in a long red wig (which I didn’t think suited her, and was relieved to find the next week that she’d gone back to normal).

Morning all it was a 6.4 for me.

I had been promised a trip to IKEA today but plans changed and I can do something useful in instead, although I was looking forward to some meatballs.

Have a good day everyone.
I buy m and S meatballs 3% fat but can get higher fat. I do tomato Italian style but I made them like stewed sausages also. They’re very nice that way. Sainsbury’s are good value and double for the money from what I buy. The 3% fat helps my weight loss. Hope you get them soon

@ColinUK I’ve just been thinking about your cooking situation.I have an actifry but again I only make chips in it. You can make anything in it, stews I don’t think I’d make soup in it. I sometimes make soup in the microwave in a good container. Then there’s the food ninja , it has two separate parts but don’t know if you can do stews or soups in it. I think I’d get fed up with roasted food. The food ninja is very popular. May be your microwave with grill and oven is the best idea. Sainsbury’s have a good selection of microwave pots

Back