Group 7-day waking average?

Thinking of you @SueEK Bacardi certainly seems to be in order!

Got home 10 mins ago, out of the house for 8 and a quarter hours. I rang the imaging dept twice, once on their opening at 9 and again at 11.30 explaining the situation, twice they fitted me into other slots so we continued on our awful journey. Consultants nurse rang me to say the consultant would check my results when they were done and they would fit me in in the other hospital if anything further needed doing. 2 mins later I get a call from the fluoroscopy dept saying my appt was 9.30 and because I’m more than 15 mins late (no shit Shirley!!) that they would’t see me. I explained the situation and how I had rung twice and she said no that was the wrong clinic!! Then the nurse rang and was furious, at this point we were still an hour and a half away and had been on the road 6 hours. She is going to arrange for the senior radiologist to see me at my usual hospital so that they can do everything there, waiting for her call. Needless to say we just turned around and came back passing all the traffic still on the M25.
Now 2.30 and I’m at home, really upset and want to have a damn good cry but tears don’t come easy to me, I go numb instead. So fed up and expect you are all fed up of my moaning but 10 weeks down the line I’ve had enough. Going to have a huge Bacardi and coke tonight, maybe even later this afternoon!,
@Grannylorraine so pleased to hear your appt went well and hope all your results are normal.
@jeanettem1 glad the funeral went well.
Sue what day you have had I would feel the same hopefully you will get the call from the nurse soon enjoy your Bacardi and coke

@SueEK that sounds a horrendous journey. I hope you've already had a Bacardi! You deserve it after that. Big hugs to you and i hope they get you sorted soon.

@eggyg i'm very jealous of your flatfish. I don't think i've had many of those, especially overnight. Mine shows a line more like the Alps!

Well how do you draw blood, mini guillotine?
Just use the stickers or prickers without the pen. The rib on the sticker where the needle is is a good gauge to stop it going too far in from the side of it. It’s not a very good pen and I’ve no patience. My fingers are fine without it. I just seem to have a knack for it @ColinUK
@DuncanLord

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here's a miracle....

Got up tis morning. Grey dark clouds. Rain started. Plans to walk to the hospital seemed wrecked.

At midday I prepared to go anyway. It had just stopped raining. I walked to the sea front and incredibly, never ever happened before, my wife joined me!!! She came along. Now, she rarely even leaves the house because of her fears. AND she was happy. AND she walked with me to the hospital.

We had a great time. Best time in years!!!

Took the bus home though as we were both tired. We walked for 163 minutes in total in very windy conditions.

I did a blood glucose test when I got home at 6pm as I felt a bit shaky not having had much to eat, 3.9 !! I rested and drank some water. I retested 5 minutes later BG 4.2 and rising. All good. Should have sorted my food out better.

Had an 1/8 portion of one of my home made pizzas for tea. Lovely.

All in all a brilliant day.

The eye test went well too but I won't know the results until Friday evening when I have a phone consultation at 6:50 pm !

Tomorrow Wrens return to continue fixing the broken kitchen cupboards......I hope...

Got up tis morning. Grey dark clouds. Rain started. Plans to walk to the hospital seemed wrecked.

At midday I prepared to go anyway. It had just stopped raining. I walked to the sea front and incredibly, never ever happened before, my wife joined me!!! She came along. Now, she rarely even leaves the house because of her fears. AND she was happy. AND she walked with me to the hospital.

Took the bus home though as we were both tired. We walked for 163 minutes in total in very windy conditions.

I did a blood glucose test when I got home at 6pm as I felt a bit shaky not having had much to eat, 3.9 !! I rested and drank some water. I retested 5 minutes later BG 4.2 and rising. All good. Should have sorted my food out better.

The eye test went well too but I won't know the results until Friday evening when I have a phone consultation at 6:50 pm !

Tomorrow Wrens return to continue fixing the broken kitchen cupboards......I hope...
Sounds a lovely day - very pleased for you and your lady wife x

Hi is anyone on? There’s a newbie called Daisycoo type 1 newly diagnosed looking to chat
If you go to the forum home page on the right is a box that shows members online. Maybe put a post up on the General Message board rather than this one as more people will see it, hope that helps.

Sounds like you and your lovely wife had a great day. Let’s hope it continues.

Well bedtime reading was 7.3. A full day in the green. Long may it continue, but I bet by saying that I have cursed it.
Still think it’s going high after meals but haven’t tested that for last few days as DN only wanted pre meals.

That was lovely x

Well it was a naughty 2.7 on the Libre for me this morning and I hadn't been lying on it either. 😱 I went to bed early again (8pm) and slept really soundly which is guaranteed to drop my levels. I even reduced my bedtime Levemir but clearly not enough. Anyway it took 2 lots of 10g hypo treatments (15g usually sends me too high) to bring me up (to 8) and now just waiting for my Fiasp to kick in so that I can eat breakfast.

Good morning. Up late too. Tired from yesterday.

Should I have been a bit concerned yesterday, after all the exercise, a BG reading of 3.9, which recovered once I stopped exercising. I did feel a bit weird too. Soon passed.

This morning 5.2. Yesss. Brilliant. 🙂

Weight, no change, but then I did eat quite a bit yesterday after the 3.9 shock.

Today, kitchen fitters. New doors on the cupboards. All the surfaces are falling off the doors!!! At least, under guarantee they are being replaced.

I hope my wife will continue the positive trend today. One more unusual thing yesterday too. She was very chatty and very positive. Normally she is the exact opposite. So she was excellent company on our long walk.

@Gwynn Many congratulations on your House Special this morning. It seems that your fortunes have changed in all respects! Really hope it is a lasting change. Fingers crossed. So pleased for you and your wife.

Back