Group 7-day waking average?

7.0 today after bingeing on marmite peanuts late last night.....Great day at Shaftesbury yesterday, brilliant sunshine bathing the Purbecks - we jagged it with the clouds coming in just as we set off for home. Forgot the charge cable for the EV so was a bit concerned we might not make it, but crawled through the "b" and "c" roads and made it ok over Cranborne Chase.
@Gwynn Really happy for you for yesterday mate.

Morning all. 8 on the nose today after rubbish eating yesterday and I didn’t care. New day today. Have meeting at work at lunch time, don’t know what I’m supposed to tell them but hey ho!
@Gwynn congrats on your HS.
Have a good day all xx

Morning all. 6.9 today. Hardly had a wink of sleep. Why are hotels so blooming hot! Turned radiator down as soon as we arrived and opened the window but still too hot. Going down for breakfast soon. Feel like I’ve just eaten. 10.30pm when we ate last night! BIL and SIL didn’t arrive at hotel until 8.30! Ordered food just before 9. Too busy chatting and realised it was 9.30, went to remind them. 10 o’clock still nothing, asked again. That’s when they admitted it hadn’t been passed to the kitchen! We got it for free and then free puddings for the muggles. Messed up my routine, I’m usually in bed at 10.30. Never mind it’s a one off. Church at 10.30 then interment. Then another long drive home. Roll on bedtime.

Have a great day all. Congrats @Gwynn on your HS.

Good Morning All
A 6.1 for me this morning. First time into the 6 ish range since changing the regimen.
well done @Gwynn on that hidden figure. Hope your fortunes continue.

Mealtimes ARE enjoyable so I tell myself.
Is this how the body sees them?2A50C233-2A20-427D-932A-90D3D8E94BDB.jpeg

5.7 for me this am. 🙂

Dez

@eggyg hope all goes well today. Hugs xx

Mealtimes ARE enjoyable so I tell myself.
Is this how the body sees them?View attachment 18787
I certainly don't see them like that so I jolly well hope my diabetes doesn't either!!

I certainly don't itemize calories, protein and fat and I round up carbs to 5 or 10g because I can only dose with a half unit pen and the info on the carbs in food isn't that accurate anyway, so calculating to decimal places with carbs is a waste of time in my opinion.
Cut yourself some slack and be a little more approximate or you will burn yourself out. 1g here or there will not make a significant difference, especially as there are so many other factors which affect BG which are beyond your control. Your body certainly isn't that precise in how it responds. You have survived all these years not calculating every single thing you put in your mouth so don't worry so much about it now.... just roughly tot up the carbs would be my advice.

My cold has arrived. I feel dreadful today and BG running high at 6.7 at 06:29. At least the baby sleep past his usual 05:15 wake up. He didn't surface until nearly 07:00 today just as I was leaving for the school run.

@Gwynn so pleased to hear you had a good day with your wife yesterday and scored an HS today. Well done!

7.1 this morning.

Since my step dad died my eating has gone to pot a bit. I'm picking easy stuff over healthier stuff. Need to pull it together really, but my brain just feels so full of other stuff right now. Blood sugars are staying relatively stable though when I remember to check.

7.1 this morning.

Since my step dad died my eating has gone to pot a bit. I'm picking easy stuff over healthier stuff. Need to pull it together really, but my brain just feels so full of other stuff right now. Blood sugars are staying relatively stable though when I remember to check.
The levels you have posted all look good since you started the Tresiba. Don't worry too much about eating properly. Sometimes you just have to cut yourself some slack until you are in a position to get back on track and if your levels are fine as they appear to be, even less to be concerned about.
You have a lot to deal with right now so just accept that your diabetes can take a bit of a back seat (with basic maintenance) until you are ready to make some progress with it again and don't beat yourself up. This sudden and tragic death should show you that life is for living, not worrying.

I certainly don't see them like that so I jolly well hope my diabetes doesn't either!!

I certainly don't itemize calories, protein and fat and I round up carbs to 5 or 10g because I can only dose with a half unit pen and the info on the carbs in food isn't that accurate anyway, so calculating to decimal places with carbs is a waste of time in my opinion.
Cut yourself some slack and be a little more approximate or you will burn yourself out. 1g here or there will not make a significant difference, especially as there are so many other factors which affect BG which are beyond your control. Your body certainly isn't that precise in how it responds. You have survived all these years not calculating every single thing you put in your mouth so don't worry so much about it now.... just roughly tot up the carbs would be my advice.
I definitely agree after a day of mathematics and scrutiny of food labels.
cooking far more pleasure when you open tin of something, dump it into the concoction taste and then decide what else it needs.
years ago they didn’t have all the fancy labels and we survived.
How would the dietitian react to mud pies or worms Etc?
She was not impressed by my reaction to, “You can have a tin of peaches without the juice. “ WhenI asked what I had to do with the juice. My idea of licking it off the peaches did not go down well!!!!!

6.5 for me today, seem to be firmly stuck in the 6s these days.

@Gwynn - congrats on your HS and pleased you had a good day with your wife, I hope it continues.

@SueEK - hope you enjoyed your Bacardi, you certainly deserved it after the day you had.

@stackingcups - Grief affects us all in different ways, after my dad passed last year my eating habits were terrible, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Have a good day

Ah ha! Picked up mail & my flu vaccine, at last, on 20/10/21 at 6:45pm to 7pm: a teeny tiny bit of wriggle room there this time; no wriggle room last year & be on time no being early or late! 🙄:D😉 Also, advice on warm outer clothing as will be queuing outside! Will be contacted later for Covid booster to be done at a later unspecified date NOT at the health centre; presumably back at the leisure centre again?🙄

Hi 5:3 today. What an improvement from the last few days. Up late this morning.never slept till around 3 am as I had caffeine at 2 pm yesterday. my body doesn’t process caffeine for some reason.
I hope you don’t mind me posting this. I do genealogy and have found 3 generations to 1818 in New Jersey of my maternal paternal side. My great great grandfather was a stonemason from Ireland and emigrated there when he was young. This is Cape May in the photograph and most of the houses are like this. I wonder if he built the foundations for some of them. They’re just so beautiful.

Attachments

• F691F824-6DD9-453E-92DE-137FE4ABC2D2.jpeg
    F691F824-6DD9-453E-92DE-137FE4ABC2D2.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 13
Ah ha! Picked up mail & my flu vaccine, at last, on 20/10/21 at 6:45pm to 7pm: a teeny tiny bit of wriggle room there this time; no wriggle room last year & be on time no being early or late! 🙄:D😉 Also, advice on warm outer clothing as will be queuing outside! Will be contacted later for Covid booster to be done at a later unspecified date NOT at the health centre; presumably back at the leisure centre again?🙄
I’m the same date but 19:20 because of the COP 26 conference in glasgow at the end of the month they’re closing off a lot of the city for security reasons beforehand. I have to go to the City Mosque for mine. They’re giving flu vaccinations at the same time. I’m allergic to it but have still to go to get my booster for Covid

Last edited by a moderator:
Back