Who will be the next Prime Minister?

Please note where this report comes from. And it certainly isn't possible, too late, but there would be some pleasure in watching them try.

In the 55 years since I became eligible to vote I've never been so disillusioned with politics, and now this. Can it get any worse?
I'd like some stability, perhaps bringing back lay people from the population who work on behalf of the people (not ruling over them). No lobbying. No ties to big business. No shares in big business. No personal benefits from making and changing laws. No bringing in mates. No giving business to mates. More referendums.

I think it would rule out most of them from all parties quite frankly. So many are motivated by career advancement and saying what they think will work best for them.

I am hoping the MP from where I used to live loses his seat as his master plan seemed to be an MP with lucrative sidelines before becoming a highly paid member of the House of Lords!

I stumbled onto a site that illustrated how MP's have voted on issues that impacted climate last night. Spoiler alert - while shocking it wasn't particularly surprising.
For anyone particularly interested in voting for those who will protect the environment here is the link VoteClimate.uk - Best Climate-Voting MPs
It was late when I found it and no time atm, so have not delved deeply into their data gathering methodology. The linked page is from 14 years of votes (it would be nice if we could filter it to the last 4-5 years to highlight any potential change in direction).

I see Liz Truss says she is not the worse PM ever! However, I totally disagree as her actions cost me my house sale which ultimately cost me £50k (drop in price, empty property council tax penalties, empty property insurance, standing charges, etc). She then goes on to say Tony Blair was for introducing legislation in human rights and climate change. Nuttier than a Cadbury's Fruit 'n' Nut!

I'd like some stability, perhaps bringing back lay people from the population who work on behalf of the people (not ruling over them). No lobbying. No ties to big business. No shares in big business. No personal benefits from making and changing laws. No bringing in mates. No giving business to mates. More referendums.
Please no more referendums, the last one proved how disastrous they can be. Or if we really must, then set the bar so that at least it has to carry by a significant majority as the Union strike ballots are.

Please no more referendums, the last one proved how disastrous they can be. Or if we really must, then set the bar so that at least it has to carry by a significant majority as the Union strike ballots are.

Absolutely! The Brexit one was too close to call really and if rerun now would have the opposite result as a lot of Brexiteers were elderly and thought we would go back to having an Empire. Now we have issues with small manufacturers exporting to Europe, greater issues with medication shortages, and goodness knows what regarding security and scientific research! :(

Just a quick word on deadlines.
If unsure whether you are definitely on the electoral register, you can quickly register /re-register online at the government site https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote (have your national insurance number and contact details to hand).
The deadline to register to vote seems to be 11.59pm on 18 June.

Application deadlines for voter ID certificates / postal votes / proxy votes are shown on the attached pic

Attachments

• voting 2024.png
    voting 2024.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 1
We go abroad soon so will miss the GE however if our postal votes doesn’t materialise then we would not be able to vote. As we live in a predominantly Labour city our votes won’t make any difference at all.

Slightly amusing but lets do it to save the NHS. Mags Thatcher started the decline by introducing layers of irrelevant management. This was her master plan to bring down the NHS so it could be privatised and make money for her mates. We saw how successful the utility privatisations were (NOT!) and how her successors put dodgy PPE contacts through mates four years ago!

Already having a bad day I got three spam calls today. As I get calls from various NHS staff I usually answer. Today it was a data harvesting survey, a fake insulation service and some idiot who hung up when I answered (Goggle he say spam property repair). I will vote for the first person to pledge to sentence these people to ten years on a chain gang repairing potholes!

If you haven't registered yet you can do it online in 5 minutes but it has to be before mid-night today (18 June)!

So today after months rain and a couple of warm days I get an enail froom my water company about saving water! Considering what they charge they should be ashamed . Only Sunak and his mates can afford not to save water. Any incoming government should renationalise water without compensation. With sewerage in rivers and lakes the directors should consider themselves lucky not to go to prison!

Postal vote arrived today. Filled in and posted already.
Now I can ignore all the coverage until the evening of the count.

Checked out my Reform candidate. Like the previous election (when I was still a biped and lived elsewhere);a lot is made of their military career when they have been Arthur Daley characters for longer! To be accurate they were UKIP last time. I am waiting for a door knocker to tell me what benefits the B word has brought the country. .

Last edited:
Back