Who will be the next Prime Minister?

Just a quick note to say that, if you're unsure who is best placed to beat a Tory in your constituency, then this site looks to have sensible recommendations.

P.S. I'd say it would clearly be better if we could all vote for the party that best represents us, but that doesn't really work with our current first past the post system.

I watched part of tonight's debate between Starmer and Sunak. Neither impressed but Sunak comes over the worse. When a woman asked about losing 90% of her sales to Europe since Brexit he prattled on about cutting NI. With the NHS and social care on the verge of collapse that makes absolutely zero sense. A lot that comes out of his mouth resembles what comes out the back of male cattle!

I turned over then but back later, and James Cleverly was talking about the debate. He is either on drugs or not clever!

Poor James Cleverly, he's the last one standing who tries to do his duty. It's all a bit Titanic really.

I watched part of tonight's debate between Starmer and Sunak. Neither impressed but Sunak comes over the worse. When a woman asked about losing 90% of her sales to Europe since Brexit he prattled on about cutting NI. With the NHS and social care on the verge of collapse that makes absolutely zero sense. A lot that comes out of his mouth resembles what comes out the back of male cattle!

I turned over then but back later, and James Cleverly was talking about the debate. He is either on drugs or not clever!

Sunak is awful. Just shouting the same nonsense over and over and looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Rude and arrogant, and after 14 years of this government
The moderator was awful as well.

As my morning physio was cancelled I filled in my postal vote and have just been to post it. With the current performance of Royal Mail ,(what's all this nonsense about selling it to an Eastern European billionaire ) I was going to do it when I got back. Sadly had to vote with my head and not my heart! :(

I see the Torygraph is claiming "Armageddon" is upon us if Kier Starmer is the next prime minister. They say "there are none as blind as those who cannot see"! Well the editor and his staff must be blind if they cannot see the numbers struggling with the "cost of living crisis", social care and the NHS in near meltdown, and that cutting NI and tax will leave a black hole in the countries finances. I have friends around the world who are totally bemused that the UK thinks it is a world power yet is sliding towards being a third world country.

Can't wait until GE exit poll and then results start to tumble in...

Poor James Cleverly, he's the last one standing who tries to do his duty. It's all a bit Titanic really.

You know things are bad when Michael Gove is standing down & is absent in supporting Rishi to be PM again.

Week today will be time to kick Rishi & his cronies out.

MG didn't get where he is without being able to read the runes and he doesn't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Last edited:
When you see that presidential slug out last night between Biden & Trump it makes you sort of pleased that we only have Sunak & Starmer to choose from.

Biden isn't well, you can tell & might have dementia poor fella, he couldn't run for another term. Trump, need we say anymore.

It's quite depressing really. The Democrats are trying to put a good face on it but really Joe should step down honourably while there's still time to do something about it. Basically he lost the election last night.

When you see that presidential slug out last night between Biden & Trump it makes you sort of pleased that we only have Sunak & Starmer to choose from.
I didn't watch it, but saw some clips ... oof, the democrats definitely need a new candidate.
Dark Brandon? More like confused granddad o_O

I wonder who they recommend you vote for if the obvious isn't going to cut it?

Back