Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have deleted and re-installed as per the video instructions fix.

Now that my app is working again I'm confused why it doesn't look any different and I can't see any way to view real time results. Info on the new update is a bit brief and have picked up different info in different places one of which I have a feeling I read that it has to be from a new started sensor but can't remember where I read it.

Someone earlier mentioned they had deleted and re-installed the LibreLink app and was now getting real time results though. It may be it coincided with them starting a new sensor but if not am I missing something? Perhaps it's not the Libre 2 but Libre 3 that has this functionality and the update was just a standard bugfix for the Libre 2.

EDIT:
Ah asked an answered by the link above from Josh DUK Thanks.

Last edited:
This is shocking from Abbott, causing sheer panic by bungling the update.

Their website offers no solution to the problem they created and no one there is answering the phone. Arbitrarily pulling an app from the app-store, that people rely on to manage their diabetes is just horrible.

Is anyone else having problems today with their Libre 2 app?
mine show just a white screen. Abbotts seem to be uncontactable too.

What a shambles! They’ve been working on this for a long time and still managed to screw the roll out up, shocking.

And now I'm getting constant SENSOR ERROR messages, loss of service! It's great when it works, but the usual .... when it doesn't! Sorry for permanent moan!

At least there's a supportive group here with useful information, thanks!

And now I'm getting constant SENSOR ERROR messages, loss of service! It's great when it works, but the usual ...

At least there's a supportive group here with useful information, thank

Abbot should ashamed at such abysmal conduct
No notice posted, no telephone contact possible
A blank screen and removal from the AppStore is frankly antediluvian
Think of the user panic involved
Luckily my son reinstalled from Appstore previous purchase
NHS and Surgery were blissfully unaware of any maintenance and the Abbot site said all was well.
American business practice is brutal and litigational

Morning, my phone automatically updated the Libre app overnight. Tried the app this morning and getting just a white screen. No problem I thought I will uninstall it and then reinstall. Unless I’m being really stupid the app is currently not available through apple

MOD EDIT There is a known problem with the Libre 2 app upgrade, so Abbott have suspended the rollout.
This suggestion may help you regain your older Libre app until the new software is available again
@rebrascora wrote:
"Do you have an iphone? If so, go into the app store and click on the blue circle icon in the top right hand side of the app store screen. This will take you to your account. A couple of lines down you will see "Purchased" or "Purchase History". Click on that and then find the Libre 2 app that you originally downloaded and click on it to reinstall. Hopefully that will get things back up and running for you. Once they fix the problem with the new update, you will start getting real time CGM from your Libre ie not needing to scan to get your readings."
I’ve just tried this and there isn’t the option to reinstall, it only gives you open which isn’t working on my iPhone. Damn nuisance as I wasn’t aware of any update. Communication has been ver6 poor.

I’ve just tried this and there isn’t the option to reinstall, it only gives you open which isn’t working on my iPhone. Damn nuisance as I wasn’t aware of any update. Communication has been ver6 poor.
You need to delete/uninstall the app first before you can reinstall it via the purchased history option. If it just gives you the option to open it, then you clearly haven't deleted it yet. I believe you need to go into settings to uninstall/delete it.

Absolutely shocking customer service, lack of communication from Abbott and no help from them at all. I’ve read of people trying their help line, waiting over an hour to be cut off without speaking to anyone. Removing the app from the App Store just adds to the confusion and problems.

Thankfully after getting the white screen, hanging and crashing yesterday after installing the new version, I deleted and reinstalled (twice as when I attempted to add my Novopens that caused the same white screen and crashing) and managed to get it working - actually getting real-time readings from my current sensor. Just had to change my sensor, started the new one, which seemed to work, now on the countdown. Fingers (and everything else) crossed that the new sensor works with this dodgy version of the app. Still no sign of an updated app on the App Store yet.

Wish me luck!

IMG_2640.png

Morning, my phone automatically updated the Libre app overnight. Tried the app this morning and getting just a white screen. No problem I thought I will uninstall it and then reinstall. Unless I’m being really stupid the app is currently not available through apple

MOD EDIT There is a known problem with the Libre 2 app upgrade, so Abbott have suspended the rollout.
This suggestion may help you regain your older Libre app until the new software is available again
@rebrascora wrote:
"Do you have an iphone? If so, go into the app store and click on the blue circle icon in the top right hand side of the app store screen. This will take you to your account. A couple of lines down you will see "Purchased" or "Purchase History". Click on that and then find the Libre 2 app that you originally downloaded and click on it to reinstall. Hopefully that will get things back up and running for you. Once they fix the problem with the new update, you will start getting real time CGM from your Libre ie not needing to scan to get your readings."

Absolutely shocking customer service, lack of communication from Abbott and no help from them at all. I’ve read of people trying their help line, waiting over an hour to be cut off without speaking to anyone. Removing the app from the App Store just adds to the confusion and problems.

Thankfully after getting the white screen, hanging and crashing yesterday after installing the new version, I deleted and reinstalled (twice as when I attempted to add my Novopens that caused the same white screen and crashing) and managed to get it working - actually getting real-time readings from my current sensor. Just had to change my sensor, started the new one, which seemed to work, now on the countdown. Fingers (and everything else) crossed that the new sensor works with this dodgy version of the app. Still no sign of an updated app on the App Store yet.

Wish me luck!

View attachment 26652
I have just joined this thread as I have been panicking for most of the afternoon about what could have been happening. I agree that the service from Abbott is dreadful. After spending an hour this morning switching my iPhone on and off because of the Libre app being either frozen or featuring a white page (with alarm signals also being sent) I spent 45 minutes trying to ring Abbott before giving up. I then deleted the Libre app from my phone with a plan to reinstall it, only to find when I tried reinstalling that everything except the new Libre 3 app has disappeared from the App Store and attempts to download the ordinary Libre app from Google just produces a white screen with the word ‘cancel’. In the meantime, there is absolutely no information about this on the Abbott/Libre website and no emails from them (even though I’ve bought extra sensors from them in the past so they have my contact details).

Hi I don’t really know how this works I have just created an account so I can ask! Is This still advised for what to do? Mine cut out early hours this morning but I haven’t deleted the app cause I was slightly scared!
Yes, this is the current advice to get your Libre app working again. You will lose the data stored in your LibreLink app but it will be available on the Libreview website provided that you created a LibreView account when you installed LibreLink.
You cannot reinstall the app from the purchase history until you delete the existing one I am afraid, but you have nothing to lose if it is not working, so my advice would be just go for it. If you have problems we are here to help.

Yes, this is the current advice to get your Libre app working again. You will lose the data stored in your LibreLink app but it will be available on the Libreview website provided that you created a LibreView account when you installed LibreLink.
You cannot reinstall the app from the purchase history until you delete the existing one I am afraid, but you have nothing to lose if it is not working, so my advice would be just go for it. If you have problems we are here to help.
Thank you so much! I will give it a go! I have a libre view account so that doesn’t bother me too much I accidentally deleted 7 months worth of data on it a while ago! As I switched phones it was chaos.

Also do I have to attach a new sensor?? I only put it on two days ago.

I have just joined this thread as I have been panicking for most of the afternoon about what could have been happening. I agree that the service from Abbott is dreadful. After spending an hour this morning switching my iPhone on and off because of the Libre app being either frozen or featuring a white page (with alarm signals also being sent) I spent 45 minutes trying to ring Abbott before giving up. I then deleted the Libre app from my phone with a plan to reinstall it, only to find when I tried reinstalling that everything except the new Libre 3 app has disappeared from the App Store and attempts to download the ordinary Libre app from Google just produces a white screen with the word ‘cancel’. In the meantime, there is absolutely no information about this on the Abbott/Libre website and no emails from them (even though I’ve bought extra sensors from them in the past so they have my contact details).
Have yopu now managed to fix it from the advice on this thread.... ie go into purchase history on your app store account and reinstall it from there? If not, that is what is decsribed step by step in the video posted .on the previous page.

Also do I have to attach a new sensor?? I only put it on two days ago.
No, the reinstalled app shopuld work with your old sensor and you will likely get full CGM when you eventually start your new sensor, but the current sensor should continue to work and if it doesn't then report it to Abbott for a replacement.... I suggest the online form rather than the phonelines which are currently clogged with people who are panicking about the app freezing.

No, the reinstalled app shopuld work with your old sensor and you will likely get full CGM when you eventually start your new sensor, but the current sensor should continue to work and if it doesn't then report it to Abbott for a replacement.... I suggest the online form rather than the phonelines which are currently clogged with people who are panicking about the app freezing.
Thank you so much!! It has worked absolutely fine! Really appriciate it! I didn’t know this was a thing on here, a friend told me about it! Thank you again!

Ok, big sigh of relief! Up and working with new sensor!

IMG_2641.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back