Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased to hear you have managed to reinstall it. Your data will be in the LibreView account, so not totally lost (assuming you have a LibreView account) but we have explained numerous times on this thread that the data on the LibreLink will be wiped when you delete and reinstall and you can't backload it from LibreView, but the important thing is that you now have the means to use the system and scan again and I believe when you start your next sensor, you will have full CGM.
Thank you. Yes, I have Libre view account. Trying to follow all the posts on this thread on an iPhone is a bit confusing- sorry I asked a question already answered!

This is now mentioned in the BBC news website

Abbot haven't really covered themselves in glory, and made it worse by their poor handling of the situation.

Their official line is that it only affects ios users in the UK. I find the UK only side of the issue a bit strange, but haven't found any reports of the same issues in other countries.

It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few days.

The android version is working fine for me, though I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix the WSOD, so I lost the local history, which is an annoyance, but not too serious in the grand scheme of things.

there is likely to be a significant cost overall for the nhs in patient support but also prematurely discarded sensors (as you may know you lose alarms when switching the app) as many users will not want to use the app if alarms do not work.
There should be no cost to the NHS as any discarded sensors should be replaced by Abbott. The NHS will not issue more than your yearly quota of sensors so any prematurely rejected for whatever reason should be claimed back from Abbott. This mistake should therefore cost Abbott not the NHS, although I suspect that test strip prescribing/usage will temporarily increase a bit.

Thank you. Yes, I have Libre view account. Trying to follow all the posts on this thread on an iPhone is a bit confusing- sorry I asked a question already answered!
You have my sympathies. I couldn't keep track of things on a phone either and always access the forum via PC. Sometimes I forget that most people probably don't have a PC anymore. I would be lost without mine for this. I am deeply resentful of having to use an iphone to scan my sensor at the moment as I am a committed Libre reader user, but I lost my reader the other day and my android phone is not supported by Libre so I have had to transition to an old iphone in the last couple of weeks and it is killing me! I hate it and I hate Libre Link and I will be abandoning it and going back to using a reader again to scan my sensor. I don't need real time CGM just a simplistic flash GM with a basic reader where the battery lasts a week between charges and then back to my old Motorola and I will be a happy girl again.

This is now mentioned in the BBC news website

Abbot haven't really covered themselves in glory, and made it worse by their poor handling of the situation.

Their official line is that it only affects ios users in the UK. I find the UK only side of the issue a bit strange, but haven't found any reports of the same issues in other countries.

It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few days.

The android version is working fine for me, though I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix the WSOD, so I lost the local history, which is an annoyance, but not too serious in the grand scheme of things.
The newspapers are tearing Abbott to pieces behind the scenes today - they need to explain themselves over the coming weeks. It was a truly horrible experience seeing that white screen. The diabetic community saved me, not Abbott. A huge, profit denting, donation to UK diabetes charities is in order.

Normally I've a lot of sympathy for companies making errors (there are lots of combinations of things that can go wrong) but it does seem like this update has broken the common case for a really common platform for everyone. Something must have gone really badly wrong to let this one through.
What’s gone really badly wrong is that they failed to test it probably before releasing!

What’s gone really badly wrong is that they failed to test it probably before releasing!
But they will have done some testing. And for some people (like @rebrascora) the update seems to have worked OK. It just seems surprising that it seems to be failing for such a high proportion of people (who are using iPhones), so I wonder how it's gone so badly wrong. (I imagine we'll never find out, of course.)

I’ve tried all the above suggestions but I still get a blank screen. I spent a total of over 4 hours during 7 phone calls trying to speak with Abbots but nobody answered. I then couldn’t find the blood testing strips, however, I got more from the chemist. I don’t have a reader so I was hoping Abbots could supply one, what a nightmare!

It is corporate negligence - that we the diabetic community and the NHS have suffered. Abbott's language is infuriating; we 'understand', we 'have observed' problems for 'some' iphone users. There are problems and they created them. They should be saying we have petrified UK diabetics, are deeply sorry and will make amends. A huge donation to UK diabetic charities is needed. On Monday I'm asking to move to Dexcom, Abbott have lost my trust.

Diabetes UK received the following from Abbott:

People who are having trouble completing the app update should follow the two easy steps in this video: https://youtu.be/LfIbDA8ciSg.

We have also posted this video on our social channels. If people continue to have issues after completing this action, they should call our UK customer service team on 0800 170 1177.

I’ve tried all the above suggestions but I still get a blank screen. I spent a total of over 4 hours during 7 phone calls trying to speak with Abbots but nobody answered. I then couldn’t find the blood testing strips, however, I got more from the chemist. I don’t have a reader so I was hoping Abbots could supply one, what a nightmare!
Talk us through which phone you have and what you have tried? First off, have you deleted the app? That is the start of fixing it.

People who are having trouble completing the app update should follow the two easy steps in this video: https://youtu.be/LfIbDA8ciSg.

We have also posted this video on our social channels. If people continue to have issues after completing this action, they should call our UK customer service team on 0800 170 1177.
No one answers on the helpline, I've tried many times today.

Abbott haven't posted anything on instagram about this. They ignored this serious issue for most of the day.

No one answers on the helpline, I've tried many times today.

I would imagine the Abbott Helpline would have been fairly overwhelmed today.

The Diabetes UK helpline had a lot of calls on the same subject, and we had multiple threads on the forum too!

I’m not sure which social channels Abbott were referring to? Facebook maybe?

I would imagine the Abbott Helpline would have been fairly overwhelmed today.

The Diabetes UK helpline had a lot of calls on the same subject, and we had multiple threads on the forum too!

I’m not sure which social channels Abbott were referring to? Facebook maybe?
In panic I earlier called your helpline and am very grateful for the sympathetic response. It was in stark contrast to Abbott's response, which was zilch. Nothing at all, monumental negligence on their part.

I am a new Libre 2 user, so don't have the app in my purchases history...is there any way around this?

I tried also downloading the Shuggah app, which apparently should connect with the Libre 2, but it remains on "scanning" and doesn't connect to the device
In case it is useful to anyone with the same issue (i.e. not having downloaded the app previously): I resolved it by changing my iStore region to Ireland and downloading that version of the app. It's working fine for me now

I woke up this morning to the dreaded white screen of doom. Not quite sure how or why when I haven’t interfered with the app after seeing the problems others have had.

However, thanks to those on here I re-downloaded from my purchase history and it now seems to be working again - with continuous readings, which has blown my mind a bit. Again, to my eyes, the app still isn’t on the App Store so not sure how this has happened! Thanks to everybody on here who has shared what to do, thus ensuring I remained calm in this moment!

I did lose access to all my data however - it only has the readings from today, nothing from the past 90 days.

Also, does anybody know how on an iPhone to see your time in range at the top (it used to be too left above the graph) along with the time of last scan and average bg on the right. Now all I get is the most recent result filling the top of the screen? I’m also confused as to why there is still the option to scan and that these entries are the ones that get recorded in the log book?

How does the Libre2 being CGM impact phone batteries?
Shuggah just devours my battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back