Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Dexcom G7 Sensor pack contains an additional patch that fits over the sensor to give better adhesion. I use it every time I fit a new sensor.
Same with g6 now...they started about 3 months ago. I think different sensors suit different people but dex g6 is great in my book...the libre wakes me with false lows multiple times a night. Dexcom g6 doesn't and is very accurate. Libre 3 and g7 are supposed to be more accurate still, with the libre 3 being most accurate. But i'm more than happy with my g6

The thing I'm missing most in the new updates for the Libre app is the daily time-in-target statistic. I used to find this really useful, almost having a little contest with myself to try to do better each day (or at least see easily if my control was slipping). I used to find it really motivational. Now, it's been removed and I can' think of a single reason why it would be removed - the data is available, and it was previously seen as important enough to feature on the 'home'. Now it's just gone, very frustrating!

Not sure if any one else has noticed that the upgrade is reporting lower values than a finger prick. Mine has just alarmed saying I was 3mmol, finger prick indicates 5mmol. So I powered the phone off/ on and the app then indicated 5mmol. It's been doing it through the night and waking me up, so alarms have been disabled.

Hi Grovesy,

I can see time in range, but not for the last 24 hours anymore. All I can see is 7, 14, 30 or 90 days. All very useful, but not to use as motivation to keep on-track day-to-day.

It is. I updated it yesterday. There’s a thread about it just below yours.
I had the blank screen too but I deleted the app, which will delete your data, and reinstalled it. It is now working with my current sensor.
Yes that same as me

Same here, it took me about an hour to get through to someone this morning. I haven't deleted the app because I couldn't find it in the App Store and was then told it had been removed from the Apple App store. I've kept checking the app throughout the day but continue to get a blank white screen. I don't have a reader either, and it wasn't suggested as an alternative to me by the lady I spoke to. Don't think I can spare another hour waiting on the phone to ask them to send me a reader! It's very annoying when they knew that they were going to make changes that they didn't tell anyone about it - they must have been inundated with phone calls!
Yes and they also need upgrade the Freestyle Libre app for Apple users as it giving me inaccurate readings results and I don’t have a sensor machine I have spoken to someone over the phone but didn’t receive any help
Thanks

Yes and they also need upgrade the Freestyle Libre app for Apple users as it giving me inaccurate readings results and I don’t have a sensor machine I have spoken to someone over the phone but didn’t receive any help
Thanks
The LibreLink app for iphone has been updated (fixed) a few weeks ago and is fully functional, so whatever problems you are experiencing are unlikely to be due to the update now.

Thanks
If the readings are slightly out from BG that is normal. That was always the case and is nothing to do with the update. If readings are way out it’s probably a faulty sensor - report to Abbott either online or by phone and they should replace it.

Thanks
If you are getting in accurate readings, why do you think the problem is with the app?
I would be blaming the sensor itself.
The app can only report what the sensor tells it (with some calculations to convert it to BG).

In your other thread you mentioned that the app is not being updated and freezing. That is not the same as inaccurate.

Can you clarify what is the problem you are seeing?

Morning, my phone automatically updated the Libre app overnight. Tried the app this morning and getting just a white screen. No problem I thought I will uninstall it and then reinstall. Unless I’m being really stupid the app is currently not available through apple

MOD EDIT There is a known problem with the Libre 2 app upgrade, so Abbott have suspended the rollout.
This suggestion may help you regain your older Libre app until the new software is available again
@rebrascora wrote:
"Do you have an iphone? If so, go into the app store and click on the blue circle icon in the top right hand side of the app store screen. This will take you to your account. A couple of lines down you will see "Purchased" or "Purchase History". Click on that and then find the Libre 2 app that you originally downloaded and click on it to reinstall. Hopefully that will get things back up and running for you. Once they fix the problem with the new update, you will start getting real time CGM from your Libre ie not needing to scan to get your readings."
Diabetes UK received the following from Abbott:
People who are having trouble completing the app update should follow the two easy steps in this video: https://youtu.be/LfIbDA8ciSg.​
Further update 17th July
Libre app is back in the app store!​
Message received by Diabetes UK from Abbott:
I am pleased to let you know that a new version of the FreeStyle LibreLink iOS app (2.10.1) is now available for users in the UK in the Apple App Store.​
We recommend that iPhone users upgrade to this newest version, which fixes the issue with the previous version (2.10) and includes automatic real-time glucose readings for FreeStyle Libre 2 users.​
We are in the process of notifying people with diabetes who use the iOS version of the FreeStyle LibreLink app, and healthcare professionals who support people affected by this issue, that this new version in now available in the App Store.​
Yes I do have problems with the Freestyle Libre 2 app on my IPhone I have upgraded it but it sometimes freezes and it doesn’t give real time glucose readings sometimes

The thing I'm missing most in the new updates for the Libre app is the daily time-in-target statistic. I used to find this really useful, almost having a little contest with myself to try to do better each day (or at least see easily if my control was slipping). I used to find it really motivational. Now, it's been removed and I can' think of a single reason why it would be removed - the data is available, and it was previously seen as important enough to feature on the 'home'. Now it's just gone, very frustrating!
Shuggah shows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back