Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all good
One thing I've not seen is whether Play Store will recognise this 'side loaded' app and inform you of upgrades. Obviously is you have an app that isn't on Play Store you wan't get informed, but the fact it is the correct name it may figure it out. Keep a watchful eye on it.

One thing I've not seen is whether Play Store will recognise this 'side loaded' app and inform you of upgrades. Obviously is you have an app that isn't on Play Store you wan't get informed, but the fact it is the correct name it may figure it out. Keep a watchful eye on it.
Yes you do get notified of upgrades...I've sideloaded loads of apps and updated after through play.
I imagine most people still waiting are on Android 13.

I'm on 13 so I sideloaded app

I don't understand sideloaded app, and not prepared to try an unauthorised app.

I don't understand sideloaded app, and not prepared to try an unauthorised app.
It is authorised, it just means getting it sooner

I've just had an email from Abbott saying if on Android and you've not downloaded the 2.10 then not to until further notice. Still having problems then.

I've just had an email from Abbott saying if on Android and you've not downloaded the 2.10 then not to until further notice. Still having problems then.
It does sound bad for anyone affected by it, but the solution sounds trivial:
Following the release of the FreeStyle LibreLink Android app version 2.10.0 on 12th July, 2023, in the United Kingdom, our internal testing identified an issue. Some FreeStyle Libre 2 customers may experience instances where outdated glucose readings appear as current readings during periods of signal loss. These customers may also not receive signal loss alarms. If you have downloaded Android app version 2.10.0, simply power your phone off and back on to prevent and permanently resolve the issue.​

So if you're using Android and have updated, restart your phone.

My play store is only still showing the 2.8.4 version anyway. Nothing about the 2.10 version.

The update happened automatically...my fav part of the email is: it might give you the wrong reading! I'm so glad I've got a reader. Guess who'll be asking to switch to Dexcom 1 at their next appointment? Yes, me! What a faff...😳🙄

One of the problems of the internet is that quite naturally most people only post when there's a problem. So if you look it seems as though everyone has problems. I've seen this on bicycle forums, motorcycle forums and now diabetes forums.

For the folk who have the problems I am sympathetic, but just for the record, this update for me went as smooth as oiled silk, and I'm totally impressed with the new service. I have been using LL virtually since the UK launch I have had very few problems, none with the app, just the occasional faulty sensor. I would not want to go back to life without it.

Just my 2p worth to put forward the balance.

As a casual observer (I have some Libre 2 in my drawer but self fund a different CGM that talks to my pump), the fiasco has been interesting. As a software engineer, I have some sympathy with the Abbott developers. But no sympathy with their managers.
I hadn’t thought about the business/commercial view until I read this article.

As a casual observer (I have some Libre 2 in my drawer but self fund a different CGM that talks to my pump), the fiasco has been interesting. As a software engineer, I have some sympathy with the Abbott developers. But no sympathy with their managers.
I hadn’t thought about the business/commercial view until I read this article.
What is not clear is why the update caused issues only in the UK. Was the conversion to real time included only for UK users?

It appears to me that if nothing else their test coverage is poor, and obviously not representative of the user base.

What is not clear is why the update caused issues only in the UK.
Because they didn’t offer the update anywhere other than the uk

After another long call with Abbott today they eventually admitted the BT issue is down to the app. This was the 'Digital Health Solutions' number 0800 612 3006, rather than the standard customer services number. Can't say there was much difference between the two. They said there will be an app update asap but wouldn't say when.

Has anyone given up & asked to be switched to Dexcom? If so, how are you getting on?

I know some people are having problems but I'm very pleased with the upgrade for Android. I had to search for the new version a week ago but got that sorted. I can now monitor my BS looking at the phone in real-time (until it goes into stand-by) and see trends and the speed of those. I've had an occasional 'lost contact' with a blank reading but a scan fixes that. Overall a very worthwhile improvement but note that there is no longer any HBA1C prediction as it needs scan for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back