Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get it - I've tried uninstalling and installing etc. But still nothing - I'm on android and my phone is on the list of approved ones - I was under the impression that it's a gradual roll out so I've been fairly patient up until now
I am still waiting

Me too - I'm due to change my sensor tomorrow too, so wondering about "managing^ without for a couple of days just in case
Some people picked up automatic readings partway through an existing sensor when the updated app becomes available, either automatically or by uninstalling and reinstalling the app (you lose history on the app though but retain it in libreview).

Others have mentioned other people in the household being able to download the updated app then “share” it with them somehow?

What do you see in play.google.com for LibreLink?

This is what I see. The Pixel 6a is my phone, but I'm not sure what the 2.8 version is. The write up says it's the CGM verson, presumably for both. Perhaps they are hardware specific versions shown.

1690047094359.png

What do you see in play.google.com for LibreLink?

This is what I see. The Pixel 6a is my phone, but I'm not sure what the 2.8 version is. The write up says it's the CGM verson, presumably for both. Perhaps they are hardware specific versions shown.

View attachment 26796
Mine just shows 2.8.4 - no mention of 2.10

Some people picked up automatic readings partway through an existing sensor when the updated app becomes available, either automatically or by uninstalling and reinstalling the app (you lose history on the app though but retain it in libreview).

Others have mentioned other people in the household being able to download the updated app then “share” it with them somehow?
Mine started cgm with an already started sensor. I had to uninstall and reinstall because of the WSOD, but after reinstalling it picked up the sensor on the first scan and started cgm. This is on a Galaxy A40.

Hi @barrym,

Disable phone ‘auto lock‘ in settings (iPhone) presume android the same.

Leave Libre app open and its always on show,

Can still obviously lock/ turn off screen manually if required.
Hello, I have tried this but I get nothing but the time, the libre button the battery and weather temperature? Any idea how to do it on Samsung s23?

First, see my earlier post for android users who haven't had the upgrade to 2.10 offered. Use your desktop/laptop to go to Google Play (not your phone) and you may find 2.10 as I did. Work out how to upgrade your phone with that version from your desktop (it took me a while to work out but it's all there) and hey presto it worked. BTW I started my new sensor yesterday. It works fine with cgm BUT my Samsung S20 says Alarms aren't available with the red exclamation mark but they work. This is a return of the software bug we had last year which Abbott need to fix again; I haven't seen any mention of this so far and will report it to Abbott.

First, see my earlier post for android users who haven't had the upgrade to 2.10 offered. Use your desktop/laptop to go to Google Play (not your phone) and you may find 2.10 as I did. Work out how to upgrade your phone with that version from your desktop (it took me a while to work out but it's all there) and hey presto it worked. BTW I started my new sensor yesterday. It works fine with cgm BUT my Samsung S20 says Alarms aren't available with the red exclamation mark but they work. This is a return of the software bug we had last year which Abbott need to fix again; I haven't seen any mention of this so far and will report it to Abbott.
Hi - my son did try this for me, after reading your initial post, but when it got to my phone, it did say something along the lines of there being a bug and wouldn't let me open it - I tried restarting my phone but it was still the same, so I had to uninstall and then install from play store, so I was back to square one

Hi - my son did try this for me, after reading your initial post, but when it got to my phone, it did say something along the lines of there being a bug and wouldn't let me open it - I tried restarting my phone but it was still the same, so I had to uninstall and then install from play store, so I was back to square one
There have been situations in the past where Android gets confused and clearing cache and data resolves things.

Now clearing cache can't do any harm, so I'd try that first. Clearing data will forget who you are. From memory when I've had to do it before it sorts itself out. After all it's just what happens when you get a new phone.

But to err on the side of caution, i'd try cache first: for Play Store & Play services. Then if that hasn't helped I'd do data for Play Services.

Edit: As a radical idea you could download the app (apk file) from a mirror site. Dead easy. Look here.

I must emphasise that this is what I would do, I am familiar with Android but not an expert, so you try it at your own risk!

HTH

Last edited:
Me too - I'm due to change my sensor tomorrow too, so wondering about "managing^ without for a couple of days just in case
Abbott told me that existing sensor would work without waiting for sensor change so on that basis i put a new sensor on

Hi all, I'm a bit confused is this rtcgm on libre 2 so you can see the numbers changing or is just that it scans every 1 minute instead of 15? Some say they can have it on lock screen/ always on display and see it changing but I don't have anything like that so I'm just wanting to know how to set it to do that if it works like that? Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi all, I'm a bit confused is this rtcgm on libre 2 so you can see the numbers changing or is just that it scans every 1 minute instead of 15?
It's rtCGM, so you can see the numbers changing every minute (though I'd guess they'll change less often than that, both because the numbers shouldn't change and likely your phone won't get the message every minute). You could always scan more often than once every 15 minutes, but you had to scan whereas that's no longer necessary.

Hi all, I'm a bit confused is this rtcgm on libre 2 so you can see the numbers changing or is just that it scans every 1 minute instead of 15? Some say they can have it on lock screen/ always on display and see it changing but I don't have anything like that so I'm just wanting to know how to set it to do that if it works like that? Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
The official app already monitored bg every 1 minute it just only plotted 15 minute averages on the graph. Now the official app updates bg every minute without scanning.

Anything else eg showing bg on watch and on Lock Screen is not done through the official app.

It's rtCGM, so you can see the numbers changing every minute (though I'd guess they'll change less often than that, both because the numbers shouldn't change and likely your phone won't get the message every minute). You could always scan more often than once every 15 minutes, but you had to scan whereas that's no longer necessary.
Ok, thankyou, I still prefer to scan so it's not really an issue for me, I just thought it would have been an automatic upgrade when updated for something like that.

The official app already monitored bg every 1 minute it just only plotted 15 minute averages on the graph. Now the official app updates bg every minute without scanning.

Anything else eg showing bg on watch and on Lock Screen is not done through the official app.
Ok thankyou , I was not sure what was supposed to happen, I though it was the 1 min monitoring I was just making sure iv not missed something. Thankyou

Ok, thankyou, I still prefer to scan so it's not really an issue for me, I just thought it would have been an automatic upgrade when updated for something like that.
I think it should be automatic, yes. So when the app is updated I think you should get a message saying the next time you initialise a sensor you'll get this feature. It's possible it depends how you started your current sensor, so maybe you only get the message if you started it with your phone (if you start with the reader then the feature isn't available, because it works like the alarms).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back