Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have yopu now managed to fix it from the advice on this thread.... ie go into purchase history on your app store account and reinstall it from there? If not, that is what is decsribed step by step in the video posted .on the previous page.
Thank you for the comment, Barbara. Alas the advice (also now on their website) hasn’t worked for me. Having gone through all the steps, I simply received the message that LibreView wasn’t available. I’m guessing this comes from Abbott having taken it off-line? Let’s hope this gets sorted out soon. Best wishes, Nick

I just signed up due to lack of public information yesterday on this....... a massive thank you to those with the technical now how to guide us lesser mortals back to our version of normality.

Shocking by Abbot..... nothing on their web site advising of the issue, I was starting to think it was just me.

Thank you for the comment, Barbara. Alas the advice (also now on their website) hasn’t worked for me. Having gone through all the steps, I simply received the message that LibreView wasn’t available. I’m guessing this comes from Abbott having taken it off-line? Let’s hope this gets sorted out soon. Best wishes, Nick
Just to be clear, you are looking for the LibreLink app and not the LibreView website in your purchase history. I know it is far too easy to get confused between the two! Really don't understand why they couldn't have come up with better names to distinguish them.

Just to be clear, you are looking for the LibreLink app and not the LibreView website in your purchase history. I know it is far too easy to get confused between the two! Really don't understand why they couldn't have come up with better names to distinguish them.
Yes, sorry, I meant LibreLink! I agree the potential for confusion is silly. Thank you for highlighting the point in case I was wrong!

Yes, sorry, I meant LibreLink! I agree the potential for confusion is silly. Thank you for highlighting the point in case I was wrong!
So you couldn't find LibreLink in your "Puchased" file in your app store account? Or you found it, but it said it wasn't available.... which seems odd? Did you do a search or scroll to find it? I have only installed one app, so for me it is just there but probably best to scroll your purchase history rather than search in case the search function takes you back to the app store .

I too have the white screen and am wondering if it is worth waiting to see if the app updates itself automatically, rather than uninstalling it. My sensor only had a couple of days to go and I can fingerstick for a while.

I too have the white screen and am wondering if it is worth waiting to see if the app updates itself automatically, rather than uninstalling it. My sensor only had a couple of days to go and I can fingerstick for a while.
It takes very little doing to uninstall and reinstall once you know what you are looking for and you could wait 2 days and use up however many test strips and still be no better off and it seems that this is now the official message from Abbott to follow this advice. My app is now saying that I will get CGM when I apply my next sensor. I remain to be convinced as I don't rate Abbott's IT department, much as I love their product.

I have now deleted it, found the purchase info, but there doesn’t seem any way to activate it.

I am a new Libre 2 user, so don't have the app in my purchases history...is there any way around this?

I tried also downloading the Shuggah app, which apparently should connect with the Libre 2, but it remains on "scanning" and doesn't connect to the device

What are Abbott going to do to make up this farce? They have scared and hurt people today.

They are also misleading the public, it's not 'some' iphone users who had no service, it is 'all' iphone users. The majority of Libre users read with iphones - therefore the majority of users have suffered at their hands.

This is shocking from Abbott, causing sheer panic by bungling the update.
Normally I've a lot of sympathy for companies making errors (there are lots of combinations of things that can go wrong) but it does seem like this update has broken the common case for a really common platform for everyone. Something must have gone really badly wrong to let this one through.

I have manage to reinstall the app, but lost all my previous history, although I signed in with the same account. What a performance!

I have manage to reinstall the app, but lost all my previous history, although I signed in with the same account. What a performance!
Pleased to hear you have managed to reinstall it. Your data will be in the LibreView account, so not totally lost (assuming you have a LibreView account) but we have explained numerous times on this thread that the data on the LibreLink will be wiped when you delete and reinstall and you can't backload it from LibreView, but the important thing is that you now have the means to use the system and scan again and I believe when you start your next sensor, you will have full CGM.

Just installed update on Samsung S22 Ultra Android 13. it;s working nicely and I did not need to fit new sensor.
My sensor has 8 days left but is sending readings every minute

AIL4fc_2J595RKUtIoxvUggyAc4RTMtCSFC2P1TIUH7jLlCJAsc5oqYu8YCK-9kYLrk1MD_cL85T5_gkah-Qkk6LGpyMywoqZyCFFIvbsD6DgwalHTLwpYgr6xTyJJ0ECkgUAmLBTsilVy1cyLrWmb9lolt7qXV-MVJD02AbJkXfk2UcALZGMVbdB97dpLzfqidXnSN1f8anNsvD4jQ6DZ5LXsBxOWLmFRcP0N29UyoL-O1CIUz0LtKB-scYkZR5EfVulRsVoDgIuO5LHeCE4YyqTVZtvQUR3QeZNWO_-B-KUeMorgiKJJ2_BeRXL52Y9Q4-CcbUOxIP_Egqj0w3Jmvlm40KETw_iNWg27jXgux-Gg52jqhzqgpQL58p2t8-S985H9btekc4Ew_zKokKsgdYMX-WClZDqlVothxsGWYXMMwg3VDx-U-dafOf8soe9zIF9WTPsCpWtuf4PtX68JA9P48HNgfMxb8fKpHfzUiKXFmBpWXJUJYXM0NhoW6lStScAhH4dCsEchj4BZk-iyr4ViBZuToCgOGzZlv0FHrRRzkDG63RCfrqoq5HNzk2N0YlK4XgG1ZeWsikKd4xW1H6bFXIGqtZw0JQAnuIZfkyjjASahGMizSxqENX3gxk-TxqZ6DGWWzPL2GaLelZ6CnWrH6Jxk-UB6UdmZFS3al_UozRcfDz3tjf2OGOo8-EtCdHeGxDB4SphmX0vrMEbLSXstzXyABnjE9TTfoZxWqZpAoAO6POKRKLT1LyCLi3WaQWQ2FahaIVYQJTG48kdXIeC8MJvp-vuxwdDcT4R7PBRmxPkyYs6KgCyCqLw1wnVvHjJyrpFVXBQyHLmDhKpKgTo90DkChLCsk2V-OxDgI8O0Ycwmyx-hyaFhiJ6Ou2FUN-4KSyBLMhv0zTkeQrhT4Q0o1if5MPXfhctrpTN-Gl1GUaEyWYvBuGc1yJqLVWB3kTiZ7U_S1HpOF-mbYkZ21uh6Gg231IaQaVvY0=w444-h952-s-no

Interestingly, I have an iphone and I got the white screen for all of about 20 seconds after I updated manually (holding my breath as I did it 🙄 ) and then it came back up itself, so I haven't had to go through this rigmarole and I still have all my data on the app. I wonder if it was only the automatic updates where there was a problem or if for some reason I was lucky and just timed it right or because my phone is an old one (second hand) and I don't have any other apps, it somehow coped better.

Hi me again! Mine is doing something weird! I don’t know if it’s this CGM your talking about … I feel like I am my 65 year old mum not 31 but anyway! … i scanned it when I re-downloaded it from previous or whatever then I clicked on the app like 10 mins later and if automatically changed to different glucose amount I didn’t have to scan it was odd?? Am I still supposed to scan?

Hi all - on ios and easily managed to download the updated (deleted app -> reinstalled from ‘purchased’). Had some incredibly annoying sensor issues where it kept disconnecting - i’d suggest downloading Shuggah from the appstore. My readings were up and running in about 5 mins and have had no issues since!

Will return to Librelink when everything is all sorted

Hi me again! Mine is doing something weird! I don’t know if it’s this CGM your talking about … I feel like I am my 65 year old mum not 31 but anyway! … i scanned it when I re-downloaded it from previous or whatever then I clicked on the app like 10 mins later and if automatically changed to different glucose amount I didn’t have to scan it was odd?? Am I still supposed to scan?
No you don't have to scan, the app will collect readings every minute

AIL4fc9qYdgska7iRZKXB7CNnDnHpfIIX1_sfPoxPpuRL0U4qdjNJiy23_bbqEAOWjDeQNtcmuxefcBT0FMik0SEP-TdeZWXnll9QxN7k-lTjNSIInTTGqQ2WEAfXd1mXV81oEB97aoqNWqy2RxI78rqWsF3fk6bEuO9Ch0BHtZ3z3lNqFRRKoLbx83-8pirXx58QyfMxlJ0HpmET3OHhFPPvNr3Zo6Y8mYwuvjrQreVaWeSvfVZk6ZpX-k3nYa1SONNMUu_s6wl8EOws4pWrJ0nWLMCnk3Q2bk5lXXm6HQJjdKzQ4YfuCyQDG_nDTTPLsHmEOwwilRYIbEARQ8wUlSY6jtPx5jZzIqr-3Bh8Z4vEzIAouvy-lLIibxWC8jdc4N_AdUKqwxRmcgyZt6E3OO73a7dvk7r8TxtgGTqZlCdudmmO6yTgQOcWdsnRepnCDncrJ6QV_OhHUOLCctjl2SjlKdnFTq9WSV_fDCHX8FUtHANNiF0LNbFC6aN-X_5NKC1GY5L66wlAlrbP0ld-LsZ0UD1_48lfEsdJjjC8kqO6X4URoq6SHG7ATho_i1nhwnWvRvH2YQAiXos5sqChraTwC-al9LvEko8aPLXpfDqXD5qI-94fNaM1apfaiFbogqOh4dZTe1R2orX4Yz-TuHHtJGb3Q1ODHkAg8dtygp03Zq7ZCgMo-7yu0CWpEHhNVPjXjcV-9b1iqdfnotMJIXfvz0n0LfarMzBZKw-Bb0WX4f1u7w71MdCZch0TaA0EWpRItvaSqjGZLlhc4i2xtEERO4zApvdimMClMN2aAXIUBn1HQisOC3kZbxoA-41sEnkeixaXELJvMhRBaA2t8JAYTBwHA5kFlmKGUAAC0piQUhrxJel4vmzEurOFbaQZmrKH08dSBz27Yp5MGp3wsFklw0O2a8zi8LxyueH7n57v-uNZFhVso_4k3WMXLIlzqzk8Y6rZP6L6sh1dy3skRJAs1ZHN5QaviJylG4=w444-h952-s-no

there is likely to be a significant cost overall for the nhs in patient support but also prematurely discarded sensors (as you may know you lose alarms when switching the app) as many users will not want to use the app if alarms do not work.

I am a new Libre 2 user, so don't have the app in my purchases history...is there any way around this?

I tried also downloading the Shuggah app, which apparently should connect with the Libre 2, but it remains on "scanning" and doesn't connect to the device
Are you using a reader? If you are using the LibreLink app to read your sensors then the app has to be in your purchase history. Are you looking in the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back