Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilHawker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning, my phone automatically updated the Libre app overnight. Tried the app this morning and getting just a white screen. No problem I thought I will uninstall it and then reinstall. Unless I’m being really stupid the app is currently not available through apple

MOD EDIT There is a known problem with the Libre 2 app upgrade, so Abbott have suspended the rollout.
This suggestion may help you regain your older Libre app until the new software is available again
@rebrascora wrote:
"Do you have an iphone? If so, go into the app store and click on the blue circle icon in the top right hand side of the app store screen. This will take you to your account. A couple of lines down you will see "Purchased" or "Purchase History". Click on that and then find the Libre 2 app that you originally downloaded and click on it to reinstall. Hopefully that will get things back up and running for you. Once they fix the problem with the new update, you will start getting real time CGM from your Libre ie not needing to scan to get your readings."
Diabetes UK received the following from Abbott:
People who are having trouble completing the app update should follow the two easy steps in this video: https://youtu.be/LfIbDA8ciSg.​
Further update 17th July
Libre app is back in the app store!​
Message received by Diabetes UK from Abbott:
I am pleased to let you know that a new version of the FreeStyle LibreLink iOS app (2.10.1) is now available for users in the UK in the Apple App Store.​
We recommend that iPhone users upgrade to this newest version, which fixes the issue with the previous version (2.10) and includes automatic real-time glucose readings for FreeStyle Libre 2 users.​
We are in the process of notifying people with diabetes who use the iOS version of the FreeStyle LibreLink app, and healthcare professionals who support people affected by this issue, that this new version in now available in the App Store.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, my phone automatically updated the Libre app overnight. Tried the app this morning and getting just a white screen. No problem I thought I will uninstall it and then reinstall. Unless I’m being really stupid the app is currently not available through apple
It is. I updated it yesterday. There’s a thread about it just below yours.
I had the blank screen too but I deleted the app, which will delete your data, and reinstalled it. It is now working with my current sensor.

I had the blank screen too but I deleted the app, which will delete your data, and reinstalled it. It is now working with my current sensor.
Morning eggy, thanks for that but the app isn’t shown in store any more?

The App Store is telling me it’s not currently available, which leaves me with nothing ☹️

Does 'working' include the new CGM display or just scans?

Morning eggy, thanks for that but the app isn’t shown in store any more?
I’ve just seen on the Freestyle Libre FB page that it has disappeared today. The thoughts are it’s ironing out any glitches. Fingers crossed it’s back soon and working better. I keep getting signal loss even though my phone is next to me plus it’s not recording my readings in the log unless I scan. Good luck with it when you eventually get it. I was nearly in meltdown yesterday with it!

The App Store is telling me it’s not currently available, which leaves me with nothing ☹️
Click your initials then purchased and see if it’s there that way

Attachments

• IMG_7525.jpeg
    IMG_7525.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks Lucyr, still shows nothing. Can you find it in the App Store? Or is it just me ma
No. When I click on the Update that I carried out this morning (the FreeStyle LibreLink - GB app) I get a "Cannot Connect to App Store" message, which only happens for that App. (iOS)

I think they've accidentally removed the App from the store. Hopefully they'll get it restored at some point, but not expecting it to happen quickly.

Thanks Lucyr, still shows nothing. Can you find it in the App Store? Or is it just me maybe.
Yes through the way I did it, I showed in the screenshot that I see it that way.

Lucyr, if you search the AppStore for the Libre freestyle app I think you’ll find it’s gone. Because I’ve uninstalled it I can’t do anything to reinstate it. Just like myopicaardvark says above. Hopefully Abbott can sort this quickly

Lucyr, if you search the AppStore for the Libre freestyle app I think you’ll find it’s gone. Because I’ve uninstalled it I can’t do anything to reinstate it. Just like myopicaardvark says above. Hopefully Abbott can sort this quickly
As Lucyr said, if you click on your initials/picture in the top right corner of the App Store and then click on purchased, you can search for the freestyle app and download from the purchased section, even though you can't find it when you search directly on the App Store.

Convoluted, but it does work - not a fan on the new font, but if the continous monitoring works, then I'll really like this update!

Yes you can. I explained how to restore it and showed a screenshot.

Lucyr, ok thanks managed to find it on the list of previous apps and it’s come from the cloud rather than the App Store. Thank you

Hi. This may be help. A few hours ago I went to scan my sensor with my iPhone. All I had was a white screen on the app. I did the usual switch the phone on and off etc. No joy. I then checked my update screen on the App Store and noted that my app had updated automatically in the past few hours. This made me think there might be an app issue. I phoned Abbot helpline and after an unusually long wait got through to a helpful rep. It seems there is an issue with the update which means that the sensor cannot be read by the app on my iPhone. I asked is this a big issue. She was very reluctant to say anything except “ there are a number of customers with the same issue”. She has no idea when this will be fixed. She advised me to replace the sensor in my arm and use the abbot reader. As I do not have one of these she is posting one out along with a replacement sensor. She strongly advised me not to delete the app on my iPhone and keep checking. I’m guessing this is in case the manage to post a fix.
It seems that the update to the iPhone app has “ broken” the app for some users and she was unable to say when this would be fixed.
Hope this helps those who may be in a similar situation today

Hi. This may be help. A few hours ago I went to scan my sensor with my iPhone. All I had was a white screen on the app. I did the usual switch the phone on and off etc. No joy. I then checked my update screen on the App Store and noted that my app had updated automatically in the past few hours. This made me think there might be an app issue. I phoned Abbot helpline and after an unusually long wait got through to a helpful rep. It seems there is an issue with the update which means that the sensor cannot be read by the app on my iPhone. I asked is this a big issue. She was very reluctant to say anything except “ there are a number of customers with the same issue”. She has no idea when this will be fixed. She advised me to replace the sensor in my arm and use the abbot reader. As I do not have one of these she is posting one out along with a replacement sensor. She strongly advised me not to delete the app on my iPhone and keep checking. I’m guessing this is in case the manage to post a fix.
It seems that the update to the iPhone app has “ broken” the app for some users and she was unable to say when this would be fixed.
Hope this helps those who may be in a similar situation today
I called also today. There is an issue with the Apple App and they have removed the app completely while they try to fix it. The chap I spoke to said it should be fixed 'Soon'. I unfortunately deleted the app when only having the white screen thinking deleting the app and reinstalling would fix the issue, but as they have removed the app for now I cant reinstall it . Hopefully the fix won't take too long!

Last edited:
I have exactly the same issue, having deleted the app. I contacted Abbot using their new contact form, and received an acknowledgement at 8 am - but no reply about the issue yet. Really grateful to see suggestions about restoring the app, I'll give them a go.

I called also today. There is an issue with the Apple App and they have removed the app completely while they try to fix it. The chap I spoke to said it should be fixed 'Soon'. I unfortunately deleted the app when only having the white screen thinking deleting the app and reinstalling would fix the issue, but as they have removed the app for now I cant reinstall it . Hopefully the fix won't take too long!
Issue with iPhone app, do the following.
  • Delete the app from you phone
  • Go to App store
  • Click on you profile pic top right
  • Purchased
  • My purchases
  • Not on this phone
  • Find the FreeStyle LibreLink - GB app, download from cloud. You will be able to then login and the app will now work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back