Libre 2 App July Upgrade Errors - combined thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like my original post where it’s not shown in the App Store to download.As @Lucyr said above If you’re using iOS then goto the App Store and on your account (initials top right of screen) and goto purchased apps. If you then search Libre you’ll see the app from your history and you should be able to download it from the cloud symbol. I did this a few hours ago now and it’s been good ever since.

Just for reference; I have an iPhone 8 on latest iOS (16.5.1c), updated LibreLink (2.10.0.7647) yesterday after reading here about CGM and have had no problems at all. Not to make you feel bad, but there must be a reason why it doesn't work for some, i.e. hardware or software. Maybe by comparison we could work out what the issue is ?

I have exactly the same issue, having deleted the app. I contacted Abbot using their new contact form, and received an acknowledgement at 8 am - but no reply about the issue yet. Really grateful to see suggestions about restoring the app, I'll give them a go.
Same here, it took me about an hour to get through to someone this morning. I haven't deleted the app because I couldn't find it in the App Store and was then told it had been removed from the Apple App store. I've kept checking the app throughout the day but continue to get a blank white screen. I don't have a reader either, and it wasn't suggested as an alternative to me by the lady I spoke to. Don't think I can spare another hour waiting on the phone to ask them to send me a reader! It's very annoying when they knew that they were going to make changes that they didn't tell anyone about it - they must have been inundated with phone calls!

Like my original post where it’s not shown in the App Store to download.As @Lucyr said above If you’re using iOS then goto the App Store and on your account (initials top right of screen) and goto purchased apps. If you then search Libre you’ll see the app from your history and you should be able to download it from the cloud symbol. I did this a few hours ago now and it’s been good ever since.
I have done this successfully a hour ago, but despite logging on I’ve lost all my data. Have you retained yours?

I have done this successfully a hour ago, but despite logging on I’ve lost all my data. Have you retained yours?
Your historical data will still be in libre view just not on the phone app

Hi my partner Debby has used Libre 2 for several months, this evening the app is just blank on her phone. The phone is alarming signal loss, but because the app is blank, she can’t scan. Has anyone come across this problem please. Thanks, Dom

Hi my partner Debby has used Libre 2 for several months, this evening the app is just blank on her phone. The phone is alarming signal loss, but because the app is blank, she can’t scan. Has anyone come across this problem please. Thanks, Dom
Presuming it's an iPhone, it's a known issue (with, as yet, no solution):

There are other threads on the general issues, like https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/freestyle-app.107233/ and https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/board...cose-monitor-in-uk-from-mid-july-2023.106959/

For anyone who has issues with LibreLink 2 "update" showing white-screen on their iPhone and then deleting the app as you thought it needed updated, there is any easy solution to re-installing the app (as it can't be found on the App store currently). Open your Apps and click on "purchased" and it will show you ALL apps you had previously. Just re-install from there.
1f642.png
My re-detected sensor seems to have the correct days left, but I did lose my recent data.

Last edited:
On Apple go to the App Store then click ur account in top right, click Purchased and find it, just worked for me.
It's pathetic they didn't update their website or phone system as no phone answer after 3 hours

For anyone who has issues with LibreLink 2 "update" showing white-screen on their iPhone and then deleting the app as you thought it needed updated, there is any easy solution to re-installing the app (as it can't be found on the App store currently). Open your Apps and click on "purchased" and it will show you ALL apps you had previously. Just re-install from there.
1f642.png
My re-detected sensor seems to have the correct days left, but I did lose my recent data.
Thanks for reply, tried this, won’t connect to store App Store

On Apple go to the App Store then click ur account in top right, click Purchased and find it, just worked for me.
It's pathetic they didn't update their website or phone system as no phone answer after 3 hours
Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for reply, tried this, won’t connect to store App Store
You need to look at your purchase history, not the app store itself. It will be in your "purchase history" and you can reinstall it from there. That seems to be working for others in this situation.

I had this on my phone app up until today. It would not let me scan my sensor. I was advised to delete the app and reinstall. I can now only install libre 3 which is not compatible with my sensor. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Issue with iPhone app, do the following.
  • Delete the app from you phone
  • Go to App store
  • Click on you profile pic top right
  • Purchased
  • My purchases
  • Not on this phone
  • Find the FreeStyle LibreLink - GB app, download from cloud. You will be able to then login and the app will now work correctly.
If I delete app as Ive tried all other options will that not lose all my previous data?

How do I get the cloud system?

@Ashcroft
The data is stored in your LibreView account, so you can access it through LibreView but you will lose it from the LibreLink app.
Do you have an iphone? If so click on the app store icon to bring up the app store. There should be a blue icon in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you touch that, you should get up your account and one of the options will be "Purchased". Select that and then find the LibreLink app there and click reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back