Insulin pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing i'm waering of if they fail as much as my libre sensors that's going become a problem

the only thing i'm waering of if they fail as much as my libre sensors that's going become a problem
I’ve heard it’s quite rare for a pump to fail (can happen but shouldn’t happen as much as that)

It would more likely be a blocked or kinked cannula rather than the actual pump

sounds like you allready have a bit of practice for what a pump will work out then.
I do a finger prick like with any other meter and then tell it how many carbs I’m about to eat and it works it out for me

It would more likely be a blocked or kinked cannula rather than the actual pump
i wonder how easy it is to apply the omipod.

@rayray - you shouldn't be suspecting such things. You should be able to show the clinic the proof of it from your BG testing or Librelink results at various times of day.

@rayray - you shouldn't be suspecting such things. You should be able to show the clinic the proof of it from your BG testing or Librelink results at various times of day.
that's why I need to get some background tests done to confirm it, I'm not using the libre at the moment. i only said I was suspecting it.

i wonder how easy it is to apply the omipod.
There are plenty of YouTube videos to show you.
But judging by the number of people with the Omnipod, I doubt if it that difficult.
However, I would discourage you from researching any specific pumps until you have spoken to your clinic and found out what they offer. OmniPod is not an option for me, for example.

most people gernally have a weeks partice with saline in right?
I had a week to practice filling my pump with saline, applying it and familusing myself with the controls but did I not have to have it attached for the full week which was good because I quickly found the cannulas did not suit me.

There are plenty of YouTube videos to show you.
But judging by the number of people with the Omnipod, I doubt if it that difficult.
However, I would discourage you from researching any specific pumps until you have spoken to your clinic and found out what they offer. OmniPod is not an option for me, for example.
I allready know omipod is an option because other people in my area with them I’m on Facebook group for type 1s in my area and I met someone also one of best friends is type 1 and she’s on the omnipod as well as others in my area

The meter I use is an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert - they no longer make them.The meter knows what my carb to insulin ratios are for each time block and also knows my correction factor and it also knows my target range (I can’t remember what it is 🙄 ) and aims for the middle of that range.The meter also knows the insulin duration so it can calculate from that how much insulin is still on board - The “active insulin” in only the correction as any insulin it works out for carbs it assumes it will be used up for carbs
Oh and forget to add - the meter doesn’t know what the insulin is but knows the duration

Oh and forget to add - the meter doesn’t know what the insulin is but knows the duration
Yes cos you have to tell it to begin with so for Novorapid, that's 4 & a half hours. Haven't a clue what they put in for other insulins as I've not had to change so far.

Yes cos you have to tell it to begin with so for Novorapid, that's 4 & a half hours. Haven't a clue what they put in for other insulins as I've not had to change so far.
Is the handset for the Combo the same,but just with a few pump extras?

Really easy mate, whole procedure filling activation priming applying takes about 5mins, quicker with practice.
i'm also dypraxix so i'm thing of that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back