Insulin pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a finger prick like with any other meter and then tell it how many carbs I’m about to eat and it works it out for me
sorry i just saw this reply I meant pumps also work out carbs for you. can I ask though that you're team aren't fussy about you doing figer pricks still while st on the libre. my team seem convinced when on the libre you barely need to do any at all. however I felt that I least did at meal times and sometimes at other times as well. because of some things I would sometimes see

Yes cos you have to tell it to begin with so for Novorapid, that's 4 & a half hours. Haven't a clue what they put in for other insulins as I've not had to change so far.
i was told novorapid lasts 4 hours?

i was told novorapid lasts 4 hours?
As has often been said, we are all different and we need to find out what works best for us.
The official advice is that NovoRapid lasts 4 hours. Obviously, @trophywench finds it affects her for a bit longer, I found it affected me for less.
Four hours is a good approximation for most people. especially if you are not using it in an insulin pump.

The official advice is that NovoRapid lasts 4 hours.
Where does that official advice come from? Even Fiasp lasts 5 hours.

Where does that official advice come from? Even Fiasp lasts 5 hours.
Perhaps "official" was the wrong word.
I meant "usual advice from HCPs". Although the insulin remains active for longer than 4 hours, most of us (but not all) find that the remaining active insulin is so small that it has little affect to consider when "stack dosing".

As has often been said, we are all different and we need to find out what works best for us.
The official advice is that NovoRapid lasts 4 hours. Obviously, @trophywench finds it affects her for a bit longer, I found it affected me for less.
Four hours is a good approximation for most people. especially if you are not using it in an insulin pump.
there was a time at the biging where I was supausting it lasts longer for me also also it depends sometimes it seems to get into my system pretty quickly aftertimes it doesn't

trying to work up the corrage to at least mention pumps today though. although my minds convinces me they'll shut it down but i want know until i ask. i know you said danffe is offered a prerequisite however i am being referred to it. my plan is to explain how unpredictable my job is and other stuff. i haven't met her yet and don't know if i will one of the consuldents at my hospital is actually type 1 diabetic herself so if I haven't to have the appointment with her that might even help.

well the awser that i got was "we're not saying no but not yet" the way he outlined it was danffe first(really hope that letter with the date comes soon) then back on the libre or another tech(he wanted to consider going back on(but I explained about all the challenges I had with it and how that ended making more unhelpful than helpful) or some other sensor if available(he said they'll keep on open mind on that option and see what they say in march) then poteniitoy a pump downline. he said that I'll be seeing a different consultant from now on though) so I didn't get a downright no. it's maybe some time in the feature not really an idea of how long in feature though.

so i got work to do to turn that maybe in future to perpharps shorten the time frame.

sorry i just saw this reply I meant pumps also work out carbs for you. can I ask though that you're team aren't fussy about you doing figer pricks still while st on the libre. my team seem convinced when on the libre you barely need to do any at all. however I felt that I least did at meal times and sometimes at other times as well. because of some things I would sometimes see
I’m still in paediatrics as I’m 14 but because you’re not on the Libre then they can’t tell you how many finger pricks to do - within reason.

well the awser that i got was "we're not saying no but not yet" the way he outlined it was danffe first(really hope that letter with the date comes soon) then back on the libre or another tech(he wanted to consider going back on(but I explained about all the challenges I had with it and how that ended making more unhelpful than helpful) or some other sensor if available(he said they'll keep on open mind on that option and see what they say in march) then poteniitoy a pump downline. he said that I'll be seeing a different consultant from now on though) so I didn't get a downright no. it's maybe some time in the feature not really an idea of how long in feature though.
You didn’t get a no then so that’s good. Maybe the new consultant with be more open minded

I’m still in paediatrics as I’m 14 but because you’re not on the Libre then they can’t tell you how many finger pricks to do - within reason.
yes i was refering to when was on the libre. but some nurses still try to even now I'm not you think because of my episode the other week they would want me to testing more. the funny thing is if I was a child I would qualify for sensors because of my other things that cause similar symptoms but because I'm not a child I'm not.

yes i was refering to when was on the libre. but some nurses still try to even now I'm not you think because of my episode the other week they would want me to testing more. the funny thing is if I was a child I would qualify for sensors because of my other things that cause similar symptoms but because I'm not a child I'm not.
I honestly don’t know how I qualified for Libre - I don’t think I met the guidelines but still it’s helpful to me. I still do finger pricks at every meal and whenever I want to eat as for the bolus calculator on my BG meter you need a finger prick and doesn’t let you input Libre readings

You didn’t get a no then so that’s good. Maybe the new consultant with be more open minded
i;m suspecting it might be the one I heard about from other people that is also diabetic, when he uploaded my meter it was saying 60% over the last month(obislly i want now without sort of sensor what exactly it was ) what was in target. which i was a bit disappointed with but he was saying considering I've been ill last week (which i think actually started to affect my blood sugars the week before that wasn't bad).

i;m suspecting it might be the one I heard about from other people that is also diabetic, when he uploaded my meter it was saying 60% over the last month(obislly i want now without sort of sensor what exactly it was ) what was in target. which i was a bit disappointed with but he was saying considering I've been ill last week (which i think actually started to affect my blood sugars the week before that wasn't bad).
60% time in target is good

I honestly don’t know how I qualified for Libre - I don’t think I met the guidelines but still it’s helpful to me. I still do finger pricks at every meal and whenever I want to eat as for the bolus calculator on my BG meter you need a finger prick and doesn’t let you input Libre readings
ah well, at least i'm not the onllt one which felt i sometimes needed to back it up. I'm going to see what guidelines in march because the libre just didn't seem to sort me. I'm hoping its as positive as what parthas making out. I heard earlier in the year before dianosged

perhaps when i do see the another consent i should pose the question again

ah well, at least i'm not the onllt one which felt i sometimes needed to back it up. I'm going to see what guidelines in march because the libre just didn't seem to sort me. I'm hoping its as positive as what parthas making out. I heard earlier in the year before dianosged
Hopefully they may offer you a different sensor as Libre didn’t work well for you

Hopefully they may offer you a different sensor as Libre didn’t work well for you
sorry I sent it before finishing my post i heard earlier in the year Dexcom were ordering offering free trails but aren't anymore if they were I still I would considering getting it just to see if it worked better for me and then I could use that(but they don't anymore so that's not an option), parha seems to be suggesting their will be a choice but maybe I miss interesting that.
although it was still kind of a no, maybe once I do danffee things will become clearer whether I'll be allowed that,

he was impressed with my last hb1ac my the nurse I asked for the result of was concerned. i guess my next one will be due in April if my I had it done in janurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back