Insulin pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, if you’ve got a cold or anything like that it will raise your BG
yeah i hate being ill with it. i thought it was going high which was making me feel grim but it turns out I think I'm ill anyway

yeah i hate being ill with it. i thought it was going high which was making me feel grim but it turns out I think I'm ill anyway
Most illnesses like colds or sick bugs will (most likely) send BG very high

Being ill can turn into a vicious cycle.
Stress on the body, such as a cold, can cause your liver to dump glucose and raise levels. Raised levels exaggerate any aches, pains, sniffs, coughs, … which lead to more liver dumps which raise levels higher which …
The trick is to treat highs when unwell and keep levels lower.

Being ill can turn into a vicious cycle.
Stress on the body, such as a cold, can cause your liver to dump glucose and raise levels. Raised levels exaggerate any aches, pains, sniffs, coughs, … which lead to more liver dumps which raise levels higher which …
The trick is to treat highs when unwell and keep levels lower.
ive been told not to correct withen 4 hours after having insullin.

Last edited:
the nurse i spoke to dosent seem to be bothered because as long asim not getting keytones its fine apartellty

ive been told not to correct withen 4 hours after having insullin.
Does your BG meter work out the amount of bolus insulin you need or do you use an app like mySugr?

Does your BG meter work out the amount of bolus insulin you need or do you use an app like mySugr?
i do use my suger for longing stuff but they seem very amdement not to give myself anymore insulin until the 4 hours are up.

i do use my suger for longing stuff but they seem very amdement not to give myself anymore insulin until the 4 hours are up.
The app should calculate a corrective dose if needed and just take away how much insulin would still be active from the last injection

i do use my suger for longing stuff but they seem very amdement not to give myself anymore insulin until the 4 hours are up.they didnt even see
i tend callucte doses myslef for some reason my team don't want me to give any insulin to bring stuff down until the hours are up, whatever

at first she just kept doing what you're doing because it's better to be high than low which I understand but not going up 15 and 16 and not saying below 10, the highest and stop staying bellow 10

at first she just kept doing what you're doing because it's better to be high than low which I understand but not going up 15 and 16 and not saying below 10, the highest and stop staying bellow 10
It’s not better to be either high or low as both can be dangerous

but i mean if i'm 15 3 hours after eating changes are I'm not going to come back down in an hour

but i mean if i'm 15 3 hours after eating changes are I'm not going to come back down in an hour
It depends on how much insulin you originally had and what your number was before eating but you should be able to correct that

It’s not better to be either high or low as both can be dangerous
yes i know this is exactly why I'm getting concerned at my teams advise they never seem to be overly concerned unless your having loads of hypos i old seeing 16s and 17s and she was like only worry if its really high like 27

yes i know this is exactly why I'm getting concerned at my teams advise they never seem to be overly concerned unless your having loads of hypos i old seeing 16s and 17s and she was like only worry if its really high like 27
I think you need to speak to your diabetes team. Explain your worries about your BG and they should be able to help you find a solution or at least reassure you

i difantty th
I think you need to speak to your diabetes team. Explain your worries about your BG and they should be able to help you find a solution or at least reassure you
this was a phone call with someone from my team

i think my livermir is wearing off around 7

What time do you take your Levemir in the morning?
8 and 9 in the evening but i think it starts wearing.but she said just take when you get and when you go to bed but I know that's never going to work because its difinatty times I think I need something that lasts longer but more flexible then trisbria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back