I asked for a 'diet' coke......GRRRRRR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are made of awesome.

Am, that's great news. What we want to do is come up with some sort of telephone script for contacting Customer Care lines, and what have you, and a kind of press release.

Will hop-to with that.

And Northe, and Sam, thanks for the blog posts, will read them when I've put my pasta on to boil :D

your blogs and poetry are fantastic...lets hope we start something rolling folks xxx

Have posted on my profile and so there should be an influx of people joining too...

You guys are made of awesome.

Am, that's great news. What we want to do is come up with some sort of telephone script for contacting Customer Care lines, and what have you, and a kind of press release.

Will hop-to with that.

And Northe, and Sam, thanks for the blog posts, will read them when I've put my pasta on to boil :D

SH keep in contact ....email maybe better for drafts of letters press releases .....need to think how to organise this ...i pm u my email we go from there xxxx

Dan what a nightmare! How very dare they?

I have spent the evening in the Brixton Ritzy bar, opersite from the offending pub of last night that started this fiasco....in deep conversation about all this business....the person I was with was furious I dont seem to declare my diabetes in these situations as I dont like to disclose.....If I had a nut allergey and we were out for an indian you wouldnt think it unreasonable to ask then would you? Well its a good point.

For the first time in my diabetic life I told a server today. She didnt have a diet tonic, and I was pretty sure they had some in the bar downstairs. I oped for a diet coke reluctantly (her hand went for the god-forsaken coke gun again!) and suddenly caught myself looking like a difficult customer. I apologised, didnt mean to be awkward but I have diabetes. She was so pleasant, told me to have a seat while she checked downstairs and sure enough, slimline which she served me to my seat. She doesnt know it, but she has given me some peace about last nights event and anger. But possibly, Ive learned a lesson instead of getting angry at others, I need to take better care of myself.

Hey-ho.

What a great campaign and Im loving the energey on this thread!:D

BTW, Someone mentioned watchdog, Id bet they would be all over this one like a rash. I have been involved in two things that they have covered and they are great people, very easy to deal with and get great responses. I did it though their website and they phoned me back.

I've just joined the FB group too 🙂

If you want help with proofing press releases etc then give me a shout, I used to work in Comms departments for big companies before I started being a full time mummy!

I've just joined the FB group too 🙂

If you want help with proofing press releases etc then give me a shout, I used to work in Comms departments for big companies before I started being a full time mummy!

cool cate your on board xxxx any more contacts or expertise please post XXX or ideas xxx

sugar good idea re watchdog i'll get the email off tomorrow xxxx

I reakon the cause of my last really big freak out (i think it covered on here somewhere, my freak out usually do...) was full sugar coke. My friend bought it for me and although i think she knows i'm not drinking non-diet soft drinks (coz she's heard me complain about it enough) i think the bar staff messed up. I ended up with a 19 ish and vow never to go to that damned restaurant ever again! Besides, it was an "all you can eat buffet" place and that's just asking for trouble if you ask me.
I've joined, i'm not a fan of diet coke and it seems that in most places it's the only option... Do you think there's any chance we can get whoever to make diet cherry 7up?
And i never knew Dom was diabetic...

Rachel

am, i'll happilly sit down and write some stuff 🙂

diet versions of irn bru, ginger beer, orangeade, lemonade

We used to go in the Toby Carvery where we lived and it was nightmare. There was no sugar free options for Rose (she won't drink fizzy.) So, she used to drink water, and for a 7 yr old, that's not really appealing :( They have however recently introduced fruit shoots so that's something....

We used to go in the Toby Carvery where we lived and it was nightmare. There was no sugar free options for Rose (she won't drink fizzy.) So, she used to drink water, and for a 7 yr old, that's not really appealing :( They have however recently introduced fruit shoots so that's something....

Wow, that's harsh. I haven't been to one in ages, but I love Toby Carvery as well! :(

diet versions of irn bru, ginger beer, orangeade, lemonade

Sadly diet does not always mean sugar free, some are merely reduced. Check the labels and if dispensed Diastix it.

I am getting this tune in my head "Do the Diastix Dip" to the tune of Funky Gibbon! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back