I asked for a 'diet' coke......GRRRRRR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out last week and got asked what i wanted to drink by o.h told him and he went to the bar came back with my drink i took one sip and it went straight back into the glass it was vile and full sugar, so I went back to the bar and asked for a diet coke myself , o/h was adament he asked for diet and of course i dont dis-believe him.But when i told the guy behind the bar you would think i had just asked him to shed his clothes for me the way he looked at me but he did it eventually grr.

Steff, are you a mind reader? I've just been all the way back looking for this thread, to get stories off it for a letter to Richard Lane! I should have just waited 5 minutes! :D

pmsl Becki im just to good :D:D

I try wherever possible to ask for a diet coke in the bottle or can. I don't trust those modern pumps that dispense soft drinks. I have also been given normal coke in the past, very annoying when this happens.

I just got home from the pub. I was 5.7mmols before I left, had a gin and slim (I saw the bottle and it was slimline) and then a "diet" coke. I thought it tasted nice (!) it must have been ordinary coke because my BM is now 19.9mmols 😱

I am already bad and paranoid about those soft drink handheld button pushing thingymajigies to dispense soft drinks in pubs. Now this is going to make me WORSE 😡

It probably doesnt have much to do with diabetes how angry this has made me, more about how I perceive others and my low level of tolerance for incompetence, but this has really made me blow a gasget. Im trying so hard for a better HbA1c perhaps I'm getting a little too desperate.

Sorry, I needed to get that out my system.

Rant over :(

The only way I found to solve this problem was to order bottles or cans seperately and not poured, then I knew I was drinking diet 'cos it said so on the can or bottle. Otherwise drink iced water with a dash of lime.

I hope my story is on here Becky? Just in case not, here again... Had a recent one last friday, where I asked for a diet coke, he said what? I said DIET (LOUDER) coke and I watched him press the button for a fat coke, so I said is that diet? (knowing it wasn't) and he said yes! So I said I watched you press the wrong button, I'm diabetic and having full sugar coke by mistake can make me ill. He didn't seem concerned so I had to say, so can I have a replacement!? Luckily this time I avoided the shock of rocketing sugar levels, but in the days before knowing which button is which on the drinks pump I have had many a time where I've been given a fat coke!!! grrrr

Hope this helps DIDKA, and don't forget I need my to do list girl 🙂xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back