I asked for a 'diet' coke......GRRRRRR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
environmental health or what about trading standards ?

thats happened a few times to me too i now order if in mcdonalds etc bottle of water and if out i get bottles and cans of diet

I posted about this a couple of days ago. If a soft drink does not test negetive with Diastix make a fuss! I wonder if it is an issue for enviromental health? It took me a couple of days to settle down as over corrected, went hypo and then rebounded. Grrr....

Oh Falcon, I have copied you! I over corrected and at 1.45am this morning I woke up in hypo with 2.0mmols and I had over-corrected in my haste to feel better.

I would love to see DUK or another big charity pick this up as a campaign or something....sending information to retailers or suppliers for their barstaff as a reminder. That would seriously impress me....

environmental health or what about trading standards ?

Hey hon,

Thats a great thought...I know nothing about that kind of thing. I will keep glued in case anyone does and posts some info.

I am seriously impressed with your forward and pro-active thinking on this problem sweety!

x

Hey hon,

Thats a great thought...I know nothing about that kind of thing. I will keep glued in case anyone does and posts some info.

I am seriously impressed with your forward and pro-active thinking on this problem sweety!

x

well it seems to be happening quite reguarly now and its SO dodgy i hate it when people take the P****** so to speak ....going to do some googling !
hope you feeling better now xxx Big Hugs XXX

ok sent this to federation of food and drink manufacturers and now on a mission....

"I am a Diabetic and part of a diabetic support forum . There has recently been a number of reports of issues surrounding the mixing up of 'diet' and full sugar drinks on automatic drink hoses as used in many pubs restuarants and fast food outlets ....This is extremely dangerous for Diabetics and we are looking for advice on how to highlight the problem ....can you help at all?"

ok sent this to federation of food and drink manufacturers and now on a mission....

"I am a Diabetic and part of a diabetic support forum . There has recently been a number of reports of issues surrounding the mixing up of 'diet' and full sugar drinks on automatic drink hoses as used in many pubs restuarants and fast food outlets ....This is extremely dangerous for Diabetics and we are looking for advice on how to highlight the problem ....can you help at all?"

go girl!!!! good on you.

well done!!!!! You should also mention the pipe changing fiasco at KFC 😱

ooooooh yes that will be defo included ...at mo im looking for advice then think i should contact the press.....which one?? cos this scam needs to be exposed ....

I was already to go for it and it turns out they dont have a website for their pub, through google at least. Shame. Reading your response makes me feel a bit of justice though so ta anyway!

Call me old-fashioned, but how about printing it out and posting it? 🙂 An innovative approach that we used to call "writing letters". 😉

I'm glad this forum exists. As I read the posts I learn more and more about what I need to be aware of when taking F out and about.

Call me old-fashioned, but how about printing it out and posting it? 🙂 An innovative approach that we used to call "writing letters". 😉

I'm glad this forum exists. As I read the posts I learn more and more about what I need to be aware of when taking F out and about.

I will do that when i get the information on the action that can be taken...

I mentioned wanting to start a diet drinks campaign ages back, and have done nothing with it. Shame on me. I vote writing to the One Show, and coming up with some sort of campaign graphic for us with blogs to post, and people with facebooks to post on their 'boxes'.

sounds good SH ive just emailed the British soft drinks association .....

I mentioned wanting to start a diet drinks campaign ages back, and have done nothing with it. Shame on me. I vote writing to the One Show, and coming up with some sort of campaign graphic for us with blogs to post, and people with facebooks to post on their 'boxes'.

ooooooooooooo OneShow!!! They'd definitely do something I think!!!

I'm up for blog writing too

Is there a facebook group for this?

sent to Matthew wrights agent .....now to the one show !!

sent!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back