Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you like to eat? Little and often works for me - a bit like rebrascora's horse, we need to graze. Once your levels are around 4.8 like they were this morning, you could have a handful of dried fruit and nuts, then 30mins later a kiwi, then a cracker with meat or fish, some pasta and cheese. You don't need to eat lots in one go but your body is like a car - if you don't put enough fuel in it, it won't work and then will stop. Just try to have a little bit of something like pasta, rice, grains, oats, dried fruit, bread, crackers regularly. This might stop you going below 4.5 so then you don't have to think about sugar or sweets.
I eat most Meat. Not pasta rice fruits or usually keto bread or crisp bread. 3.5 now

I know this is gonna sound really silly to ask but are you sure you are drinking full sugar coke? I know it may seem like I’m being rude but I’m not meaning to be

Unfortunately Beccy it's a bit like taking medicine.... When we need it we have to take it .... and in some respects we should feel lucky that our medicine is in the form of sweets because there are plenty of fowl tasting medicines that some people have to take. Please have a slice of bread or toast with some peanut butter or cheese before you go to bed AFTER YOUR LEVELS COME UP ABOVE 4 using the coke. This is important.

I am just having some cheese and biscuits to bring my levels up.

Coke or sweets would be the best thing to do now, rebrascora is right, they are our medicine. However I know you don't want sweets now so could you have crispbread and some cheese, then maybe an orange or kiwi? Also some sweet tea or a glass of milk, maybe a hot chocolate? Eating this would be better than nothing at all. You'll sleep much better if your sugars are higher - for me 6.5 works but lower than that I go hypo.
Have a midnight feast! :D

I am so tired now and i am not hungry. Is not pfyen i feel Hungry eigther

I know it’s annoying treating a hypo when you don’t feel like Coke or food, but if you reduced your Toujeo you wouldn’t have as many hypos, and then you wouldn’t need to have all these sweets and Coke. You need to have sugar now. It’s a medicine for hypos. You need food too. See my post above. Your animals love you and need you well.

OK Beccy. Inka is right but if you insist on going to bed will you put a snack by your bed so if you wake up feeling unwell you don't have to go to the kitchen? Make sure Pongo and the cats don't get it though 🙂 🙂

I know it’s annoying treating a hypo when you don’t feel like Coke or food, but if you reduced your Toujeo you wouldn’t have as many hypos, and then you wouldn’t need to have all these sweets and Coke. You need to have sugar now. It’s a medicine for hypos. You need food too. See my post above. Your animals love you and need you well.
The doctor told me still using 80 units toujo

Did you tell them your blood sugar readings? Are you writing them down or using an app so the doctor can see what is happening?

The doctor told me still using 80 units toujo

Yes, I know you’ve explained that before 🙂but with diabetes we often need to change our doses very often through the year. I change my insulin doses many times. Having less Toujeo would mean you’d have less hypos. You could reduce it by a few units to start with and see how it goes. No doctor would want you to have repeated hypos🙂

You will fall asleep because of your hypo but it won't be a healthy sleep. Try to eat or drink something like milk, crackers and you will sleep much better ready for a fresh day tomorrow.

Did you tell them your blood sugar readings? Are you writing them down or using an app so the doctor can see what is happening?
Yes but he ment it would best to stick to this now but he gonna send me to a diabetic doctor for the first time. Good night everyone

Inka is right. I didn't know that it was safe for me to choose my number for my insulin. You are allowed to try a lower dose if you want to - maybe 75 not 80? It would stop the shaking and high heart rate if you get your Toujeo right.

That's really good you are seeing a diabetic doctor. Well done for talking to your doctor. That's a great outcome 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back