Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I good now yeah but still very exhausted and feeling sad

Hypos and low blood sugar can themselves cause low mood. If you find yourself randomly crying or feeling miserable, always test your blood sugar. I’ve found this before. I just felt all weepy for no reason, and my blood sugar was going low. It’s something I’ve added to my list of hypo signs.

I know you have other reasons to feel sad, but having low blood sugar can itself affect your mood.

Hypos and low blood sugar can themselves cause low mood. If you find yourself randomly crying or feeling miserable, always test your blood sugar. I’ve found this before. I just felt all weepy for no reason, and my blood sugar was going low. It’s something I’ve added to my list of hypo signs.

I know you have other reasons to feel sad, but having low blood sugar can itself affect your mood.
Okey, that i didn,t know. Bite something someone in my family is pretty sick and we dont know What treatments he get.

Yes you need to take sugar for anything below 4, in your situation I'd be taking some carbs on board even in the 4's to top up your levels

Yes it is. But seriosly is Thats so low that i need anything?

Yes, it’s a hypo, and as you keep going low then it’s really important to treat it. I tend to eat if I’m below 4.5 because it saves the hassle of dropping later and keeps hypo awareness good.

When you’re on insulin, it’s very important to treat low blood sugar because, unlike people without diabetes, our blood sugar can keep dropping down and down. This has a big risk of coma and death.

Yes, it’s a hypo, and as you keep going low then it’s really important to treat it. I tend to eat if I’m below 4.5 because it saves the hassle of dropping later and keeps hypo awareness good.

When you’re on insulin, it’s very important to treat low blood sugar because, unlike people without diabetes, our blood sugar can keep dropping down and down. This has a big risk of coma and death.
Okey i understand

I wouldn't go to bed if my sugars are below 5.0, we are all different but i feel most comfortable going to bed above 5.
With the amount of hypos you are receiving you should be concerned and speak to your health care team.
We can only offer advice but they can, provide you with the correct tools, and adjustments to manage your diabetes, and diabetes not managing you.

How are you today Beccy?
It sounds as if there is another member in Norway @heribeus or who is familiar with your health system. We read that it is second after Denmark as the best in the world, it is a shame that you are not finding it so for you.

Hi Beccy
Sorry to read about your relative. Hope they are going to be OK. How are you managing? have you reduced the Toujeo a bit more and if so, what dose are you on now? Hope the hypos are starting to reduce in frequency and severity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back