Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Beccy. Will you also eat another kiwi or better still some sugar please. Dissolve it in water or tea/coffee but please have more because I will not feel relieved until your levels are back up to at least 5 and then please have a slice of bread with some meat or cheese or some biscuits.

3.4 is not stable Beccy, it is still a hypo. You need to eat something that will raise your blood glucose - 4 jelly babies, coke or similar. If you remain low for periods like this, you will be doing long term damage to your body.

Beccy, please can you eat some sugar or a few spoons of honey perhaps. That sort of thing....
Well done on eating 3 Kiwi. That is about 15g carbs but would really like you to have at least another 15g carbs , so some spoons of honey or sugar dissolved in water would be really good if you can manage that for me please.

There are a lot of us here very worried about you, you know. We understand that diabetes is not easy to manage and many people here have other health issues too so we know how difficult it can be to manage it and sometimes we want to give up, but there are lots of reasons not to. When you are low and frightened, everything gets out of perspective and seems impossible, but it is amazing how that can change and just taking one very small step at a time and only just focusing on that one step can really make a big difference to how you feel about everything and then things start to become possible instead of too scary to eve think about.
Your small step at the moment is just to treat this hypo and get your levels up so that they are stable..... anywhere above 5 will do. Just focus on achieving that.

How are you doing Beccy? What is your BG reading now please?

You have a lot of us very worried you know because we care about you. There are lots of us here all wishing you well!

OK Beccy. Please eat some more Haribo. 5 or 6 of them would be good.

I know that is a horrible feeling but you need to eat some more Haribo or something else really sweet or drink some more coke.

Haribo sweets are better than and orange if you can manage more.

You are doing really well!

Is Pongo there with you Becky? Give him a nice big hug from all of us. X

coke or similar.
I think that recommending 'coke' is a really bad idea - there are so many variables - different brands different sugar content and comes in 'BIG' bottles. I use the 200ml cartons Orange Juice from concentrate - packs clearly marked normally about 18.2 grams of carbs per carton; just the right amount to raise you up from a hypo, and much better than causing annother spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back