Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really try and wait until your BG is above 5 or even 6 before going for a walk as you have been low for a while. Walking tends to bring everyone's BG down and unless you are a bit higher then you might end up with another hypo.

You can do this Beccy (lykke til)!

That's good news. Hopefully the sandwich will continue to release glucose whilst you are walking.
Let's just say my GGs will be very happy to see me and will no doubt come galloping as soon as they see me with their feed buckets.
I will check in here when I get back and hope you will do the same and that will put my mind at rest.

Hi Beccy, well done for eating during your hypo. When I go hypo I get really grumpy and refuse to eat even though that it what I need. Its really horrible as I hate everybody telling me to eat because I just don't want to and my low sugar means I can't understand! Something that works well for me are glucose tablets like these:

It doesn't feel like eating but they taste OK and are really easy to carry when you want to go for a walk. Can you get something like these? In England we can get them from the supermarket or the pharmacy or you can order them online.

Hope you are feeling OK. Keep having a little bit of something sweet to stop you feeling horrid again.

Hello rebrascora now i am back from the walk with our dog. My blood sugar is 4.0.promised i wouldt tell you when i was home. Have i Nice night and sleep god❤️

Hi Beccy, well done for eating during your hypo. When I go hypo I get really grumpy and refuse to eat even though that it what I need. Its really horrible as I hate everybody telling me to eat because I just don't want to and my low sugar means I can't understand! Something that works well for me are glucose tablets like these:

It doesn't feel like eating but they taste OK and are really easy to carry when you want to go for a walk. Can you get something like these? In England we can get them from the supermarket or the pharmacy or you can order them online.

Hope you are feeling OK. Keep having a little bit of something sweet to stop you feeling horrid again.
Thank you so much for all encouring me and that was Nice to here☺️

Beccy, a number of 3.4 isn’t okay to leave just at that without treating the hypo as it could put you in serious danger

Sorry you’ve been having problems with low blood sugar again @Stressabeccy I hope you’re feeling better now. 4.0 is an ok blood sugar but not high enough to go to bed, so I hope you’ll have some food before bed. Your blood sugar should be 8-10mmol to go to bed. Try to choose something nice to eat. You’re a good person and you obviously love your animals, so look after yourself.

Hi Beccy. I am back and Rebel, Rascal and MeMe all send kisses back... Afraid none from Cora as she doesn't do kisses. The others are all very enthusiastic but Rebel definitely gives the very best ones. Anyway, they are all fed and happy for the night and I have had my exercise and like you my levels have dropped a bit to 5.5 which is too low to go to bed, so I am just having something to eat to bring them up a bit. I hope you have taken Inka's advice and done the same. It is really important to bring your levels up to about 8 before going to sleep.

Sorry you’ve been having problems with low blood sugar again @Stressabeccy I hope you’re feeling better now. 4.0 is an ok blood sugar but not high enough to go to bed, so I hope you’ll have some food before bed. Your blood sugar should be 8-10mmol to go to bed. Try to choose something nice to eat. You’re a good person and you obviously love your animals, so look after yourself.
Thank you inka that was Nice to hear meens alot❤️blood sugar is now 3.6

Have you have sweets/candy or coke to treat the hypo?

Yes have Coke, but i dont want more sweets for todayhope It goes okey to go to bed for

You will need to retest as it isn’t safe to go to bed while hypo

What do you like to eat? Little and often works for me - a bit like rebrascora's horse, we need to graze. Once your levels are around 4.8 like they were this morning, you could have a handful of dried fruit and nuts, then 30mins later a kiwi, then a cracker with meat or fish, some pasta and cheese. You don't need to eat lots in one go but your body is like a car - if you don't put enough fuel in it, it won't work and then will stop. Just try to have a little bit of something like pasta, rice, grains, oats, dried fruit, bread, crackers regularly. This might stop you going below 4.5 so then you don't have to think about sugar or sweets.

What is your BG now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back