Hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seek medical attention, there is nothing we can do, if you can't treat it and keep it above 4 at home then the only option os medical help

What has it gone up to?

3.1 is still hypo Beccy. You really need to get some more coke to drink. And please for all of us phone for an ambulance. They can take you to hospital and they can help you.

Beccy, you had lots of good advice in your earlier thread today about this:

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/hypo.97427/page-6

@Kaylz was right to say you might need medical help. If you keep taking too much insulin, you’ll keep having hypos. I know you don’t want to go to hospital so think about reducing your insulin and eating more carbs. That way your blood sugar won’t be low all the time and there will be no need to call an ambulance.

Beccy, you had lots of good advice in your earlier thread today about this:

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/hypo.97427/page-6

@Kaylz was right to say you might need medical help. If you keep taking too much insulin, you’ll keep having hypos. I know you don’t want to go to hospital so think about reducing your insulin and eating more carbs. That way your blood sugar won’t be low all the time and there will be no need to call an ambulance.
I see

Hi Beccy. Disappointed to hear you are hypo again this morning. That is not good.

We care about you but we have talked you through many hypos now and suggested how to prevent them. You say you understand what we are telling you and how dangerous they are but you are still getting them and seem to not be treating them properly or quickly enough. I am not sure what else we can do. We all know hypos are horrid and make you feel awful and they are very dangerous, so it is up to you to try to stop them and manage your diabetes better. We will be delighted to help and support you with that and hopefully read posts from you where you have good BG readings, but I am not sure what more we can do to help you with these hypos.

Hi Beccy. Disappointed to hear you are hypo again this morning. That is not good.

We care about you but we have talked you through many hypos now and suggested how to prevent them. You say you understand what we are telling you and how dangerous they are but you are still getting them and seem to not be treating them properly or quickly enough. I am not sure what else we can do. We all know hypos are horrid and make you feel awful and they are very dangerous, so it is up to you to try to stop them and manage your diabetes better. We will be delighted to help and support you with that and hopefully read posts from you where you have good BG readings, but I am not sure what more we can do to help you with these hypos.
Okey!

Hi Beccy,

I know you have worked very hard at losing a lot of weight and I bet you don't want to get heavy again. It is very difficult to have to eat all the things you stopped eating when you wanted to get lighter like sweets, Coke and sugar. Your weight sounds very healthy, not too much. As someone else said, it is closer to being too little. If you don't want to have to keep eating 'bad' foods (for dieting) then you have to stop the hypos. You can try to do this by:

1) Taking less Toujeo will mean that glucose that is stored in your body will be released into your blood so your blood sugar stays higher for longer. The Toujeo tells the body to pack all the glucose away and keep it for another time which is why you are going low.

You can take less Toujeo without having to talk to anyone. If your doctor is forgetful and slow then you need to take control yourself.

2) Take less or no Humalog when you have your meals. Again Humalog is telling your body to put your glucose from your food into storage. You need it now not later so don't take any Humalog if you are low when you eat and this will keep your levels healthier

3) Eat more food during the day. If you want to take insulin then you need to give your body loads of carbohydrate. Eventually the cupboards are full and your sugar will go up to a healthy level. You will not get fat because your body is using the food. We get fat when our body stores the food.

Eat a little bit of bread and cheese, crispbread and meat, some pasta or rice, fruit regularly - bananas are good, yoghurt with honey and fruit, dried fruit or fruit and nuts. It only needs to be a little bit but do it every half an hour or so and your blood sugar should stay above hypo.

The problem with biscuits and chocolate is that they have fat in them too. When we eat our glucose/sugar goes through tiny holes in our intestines into our blood. This is why we see our blood sugar go up when we have eaten something sugary or with carbohydrate in. Fat blocks some of those holes for a little while. This means sugar can't go into the blood as fast and that is why you sometimes stay low even after eating. Eating something just sugary to get your blood to around 5 will keep you healthy and then you can eat what you want and not have to constantly eat Haribo, biscuits or drink Coke.

I decited to not eat befor 23 desember so What do i do now, when the blood sugar is 3.2?
Hi stressabeccy,

It's time to go to the hospital now.

When you get back, please drop us all a message to see how you get on at hosptial. We will still be here for you, to help you with any questions about diabetes.

Thinking of you

Amity

p.s at the moment you are posting on the forum when you are already really hypo, this means you will be unable to think clearly about your questions or your answers. People on the forum are very concerned, but because you are hypo, it is not possible for the conversations to make a lot of sense.

It seems your insulin doses are not right and this is making you hypo, even when you try to correct and lift your blood sugar, it is still hypo, this needs immediate medical help.

Hi Beccy
How are you doing this evening? Hope your levels have been better.

Off to bed now, so hope all is well with you and perhaps catch you tomorrow morning.

Has anyone heard if she's ok?

Well they were online this morning so she will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back