Hi I joined today

Thank you for pointing this out. Will stop using them
What level are your blood sugars when you take the Gatorade pills?

I feel all the signs of low blood sugar, especially at night. I do not check at night.

I feel all the signs of low blood sugar, especially at night. I do not check at night.
You need to check your bg level when you feel like that, not just eat Gatorade pills. The bgs could be normal and just feel low as you’re making changes.

You need to check your bg level when you feel like that, not just eat Gatorade pills. The bgs could be normal and just feel low as you’re making changes.

I agree with @Lucyr

In the early weeks/months of more intensive diabetes management it is quite common for people to get ‘false hypos’. All the symptoms of low blood glucose, but while their BG levels are still in a healthy range. This is especially the case if BG levels have remained elevated for a long time beforehand. It can take a while for your internal ‘glucose thermostat’ to reset back to normal levels, so that your warning signs are triggered when you are approaching hypoglycaemia, rather than simply being lower than you have been for a while.

For some people the symptoms of low blood glucose are quite similar to high blood glucose so important to check.
I had been prediabetic for some time but had been feeling a bit weird and thought my blood glucose was low but when I checked it was actually high and that was when my HbA1C had crossed the threshold into the diabetic zone.

Checked my weight on the Omron machine
Weight 83.3 kg
Fat 27.8 %
Body Age 73
Resting metabolism 1725
BMI 32.1
Visceral Fat 24
Muscle 21.4 %

Reduction in weight and Visceral Fat. Visceral fat was at 25 % for a long time. Today's reading indicates a drop of 1 % maybe due to low carb intake.

Last edited:
My lab tests have come
Blood sugar fasting 102.7 mg= 5.7 mmol
HBAIC 6 %= 42 MMOL
Average Glucose 125.5 = 7 mmol
Uric Acid 7.8 mg
Triglyercide 190.7
vldl 38.14
b 12 692
Vit D 37.1
rbc count and pvc counts mpv are in red

Looks like you have achieved a good reduction in a relatively short space of time so well done! Just keep doing what you are doing and hopefully it will come down a bit further by your next test.

Well done on your progress so far @raaeft1

Keep going!

Routinely checked blood glucose post-prandial two hours after breakfast
153 mg=8.5 MMOL
Reason why I checked
had fried potato tikki in breakfast along with three slices of atta bread, boiled egg, 20 grams chunk of cottage cheese.

Routinely checked blood glucose post-prandial two hours after breakfast
153 mg=8.5 MMOL
Reason why I checked
had fried potato tikki in breakfast along with three slices of atta bread, boiled egg, 20 grams chunk of cottage cheese.
You probably don't want too many days like that, nearer to 8 or less would be better. reducing either the bread or potato and have another egg instead.

Back