Group 7-day waking average?

6.2 today, but I had an excursion into the 3s in the night, according to my Libre

Good morning. 5.3 for me this morning.

6.2 today, but I had an excursion into the 3s in the night, according to my Libre
I was thinking about getting a Libre. Is it accurate, do the sensors last the length of time specified and does the NHS in your area fund it? Thanks!

Happy christmas eve everyone. A nice round 7 for me today.
Going to fuel up my body at lunchtime as we are out with santa's sleigh tonight! My other half trains engineering apprentices for a living and every year they are out doing santa's charity sleigh the 2 weeks before christmas, I usually go out with them walking the streets and door knocking to help raise money for local charities. Christmas eve is always the longest route so I know that I will be walking for about 2.5 - 3 hours tonight. Lets hope my bloods dont drop too much whilst out there.

I was thinking about getting a Libre. Is it accurate, do the sensors last the length of time specified and does the NHS in your area fund it? Thanks!
Hi GSamps. I love my libre. No, the NHS doesn't fund it at all at the moment, but it's hoped that it might do starting next year. I find it takes 12 hours to 'bed in' but afte that it's spot on with my meter, except perhaps in the upper ranges ( high teens, say, the bit where none of us want to go very often anyway!)) when it reads higher. The sensors last the full time, but they switch themselves off on the dot, though, so there's no making them last just a bit longer, as some people do with the full CGMs!

Good luck, Stitch. Don't forget to take some Christmas Santa Jelly babies with you!

Good luck, Stitch. Don't forget to take some Christmas Santa Jelly babies with you!
My other half has them in the pick up ready!

Merry Christmas to everyone - lets hope Santa brings an event free holiday for all :D

Hi GSamps. I love my libre. No, the NHS doesn't fund it at all at the moment, but it's hoped that it might do starting next year. I find it takes 12 hours to 'bed in' but afte that it's spot on with my meter, except perhaps in the upper ranges ( high teens, say, the bit where none of us want to go very often anyway!)) when it reads higher. The sensors last the full time, but they switch themselves off on the dot, though, so there's no making them last just a bit longer, as some people do with the full CGMs!
Thanks Robin! George

6.8 for me. I haven't checked what effect the 7.45 Tesco dash has had yet. Coffee required first.

Morning all.🙂 What a filthy day! 6.9 here. 😛

6.8 for me. I haven't checked what effect the 7.45 Tesco dash has had yet. Coffee required first.
6.4 2 hours after the first breakfast of the day. Must be down to my lucky Christmas lancet. Have a wonderful mid range christmas everyone.

Morning 6.7 this morning and had a hypo drench last night, pah :( That fairy can just take a hike if she thinks she's staying here over Christmas without bringing a pressie 😉 Partly my own fault, only ate a couple of slices of toast for dinner because I had a really substantial lunch. Diandra (I've given my diabetes a name, it helps me avoid hatred, she's cute with chubby cheeks, but then all toddlers are aren't they, and she is only 2 :D) does not like inconsistent meal sizes she gets upset it seems. So next time I just won't tell her!

Good morning all and 6.9 today.
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and not too erratic BG's! 🙂 xx

A 6.6 for me. Hope your appointment went ok Flower and sorry to hear of your erratic figures AJ. Must be very frustrating for you :(

Have a lovely Christmas Eve everyone. I only wish I could have shifted my eye infection for Christmas but showing no signs of going! :(

A 6.6 for me. Hope your appointment went ok Flower and sorry to hear of your erratic figures AJ. Must be very frustrating for you :(

Have a lovely Christmas Eve everyone. I only wish I could have shifted my eye infection for Christmas but showing no signs of going! :(
Thank you Amigo 🙂 I've decided not to get frustrated by my erratic figures. Counting my blessings that I have the pump and Libre 🙂 Without them I would be truly stuffed.
I'm really sorry that your eye infection is continuing. I hope that it improves soon 🙂

I was 10.4 when I woke up - not bad considering I went for a Christmas curry last night! (It's family tradition!)

Morning master Northerner and a Merry Christmas to you, given the festivities I shall ignore the point oh (Ho, Ho). 6.4 for me today, Yuletide hypos are apparently my pressie this year, never mind I've had a chocolate for breakfast as revenge 🙂

Potatoes peeled and ready, sprouts peeled, pancetta and chestnuts chopped, red cabbage and apples sliced, her we go!

Merry Christmas everyone X

Happy Christmas everyone. 7.9 for me this morning. Turkey in oven, ham and beef in 2 separate slow cookers, pressies opened. Time for a cuppa now. Hope everyone has a good festive filled day without too many BG problems. Xx:D

Back