Group 7-day waking average?

I used to have bran flakes after diagnosis, but found out that they really spiked me too! 😱 Shame, because I really like them! If you can find time, it would be worth having a non-carb breakfast - an omelette, maybe, that is quick to prepare 🙂

I really like them too! It's annoying because I bought a big box recently thinking it would be a healthier breakfast than previous cereals or toast I've eaten and "good" carbs. Clearly they don't agree! I never really have time to cook in a morning as id rather have time in bed... Might have to get up that little bit earlier and make an omelette or something. I might Google some quick low carb breakfast recipes!

I sometimes have scrambled egg and tomatoes from the canteen at work.

Thanks Northerner!
And fantastic results Stitch :D
I find cereals spike me too Rosie especially porridge which I absolutely love. I sometimes have a bowl but know I shouldn't.

I really like them too! It's annoying because I bought a big box recently thinking it would be a healthier breakfast than previous cereals or toast I've eaten and "good" carbs. Clearly they don't agree! I never really have time to cook in a morning as id rather have time in bed... Might have to get up that little bit earlier and make an omelette or something. I might Google some quick low carb breakfast recipes!
It might be worth finding out how you are with the cereals later in the day. I know it might sound weird, but, as a Yorkshireman I don't like to throw anything away, so I had a weetabix and milk as a 'pudding' after my evening meal 😱 At that time of day I am a lot less insulin-resistant, plus having it along with my main meal lowers the overall GI, so less of a spike! 🙂

Since finishing off my cereals I reverted to a single slice of Burgen toast for breakfast - I'm not a big breakfast eater. Occasionally, at the weekends, I might have a cooked low-carb breakfast 🙂

Ive been lucky with porridge, normally have oats so simple and it doesnt spike my levels too badly.

Can you have oats, dried fruit and nuts? If so, why not make some "porridge bars" (have a look through the recipes online) and eat one every morning for breakfast - lying in bed if you like! 😛 They're like a shop-bought cereal bars, but not full of c**p.😱🙂

A 6.2 for me this morning (nice shared numbers Linda). Sorry for the 'uppers and downers' having a struggle today. Glad your appointment went ok Linda.

Thanks for your good wishes. My lovely mum had an op yesterday but is on the mend thankfully. The stress made my numbers leap a bit yesterday but have settled now.

Make a frittata, plenty of recipes online and then you can warm a slice of it in the microwave. Keeps for a few days in the fridge.

Ooo, nice idea, Cherrypie. It's like being in the Guides again - "Be Prepared".😉😛

8.1 for me :( still to high for my liking and currently running at 10.9, which is odd as should be higher as had one of those mornings and eaten too much fruit and peeing for England.

Good evening all 🙂 7.3 for me this morning and 5.4 before bed

The last two nights I'd gone to bed with a TBR of 80% and woken up at 9 or higher. I was tempted not to do the TBR last night but fortunately I did - 3am and I was 3.1 - 20g of fast acting carbs and I'm only up to 4.3 - all of these fluctuations are happening despite us carefully carb counting everything.

The last two nights I'd gone to bed with a TBR of 80% and woken up at 9 or higher. I was tempted not to do the TBR last night but fortunately I did - 3am and I was 3.1 - 20g of fast acting carbs and I'm only up to 4.3 - all of these fluctuations are happening despite us carefully carb counting everything.
What a pain! Glad you took the decision to set the TBR again Amanda, looks like it could have been worse. I hope you manage to get a bit of sleep and wake to a good number 🙂

I was 5.8 this morning (or does 4:30 count as the middle of the night still? 😱)

Thanks Northerner. I thought I was being extreme when I turned down the TBR to 60% at 4am but I woke up at 7am with a 6.9. Once I got back to sleep I had the mos absolutely wonderful Susie dream.
Well done with your 5.8🙂

Morning peeps.🙂 5.3 here - looks like I'm back in the zone.:D

Sorry to hear your roller coaster ride continues, AJ. :(

How's your mum, Amigo? Hope she's OK.

Thank you Bloden🙂

10.2 for me today.

Back