Group 7-day waking average?

One pen?! What planet does this idiot live on? Sort em out, Kooky!😎

Morning all.🙂 3.9 here. The Lantus hike worked then!😛

Good morning everyone. 5.2 today. Leaving soon to find out what the consultant has to say about M's macula. Then I'm off to Moorfields this afternoon for the first appointment since the second lot of lasering. It's going to be a long day.
Good luck, both.🙂

Good morning all 🙂 and 7.1 today.
Wishing you well with your appt today Amanda (and M's too)
Kooky I hope you can get through to someone's thick head without losing your zen! You just don't need a battle to start the week :(

Good morning everyone. 5.2 today. Leaving soon to find out what the consultant has to say about M's macula. Then I'm off to Moorfields this afternoon for the first appointment since the second lot of lasering. It's going to be a long day.
Hoping all goes smoothly Amanda, {{{HUGS}}}

Good luck today, AJ

I'm 11.1 this morning. I'm glad they've come down from 17 but at any other time of the day they're up to 16. My meter tells me my 14 day average is 16.2. Let's hope this increased dose of gliclazide will work!

Good luck today, AJ

I'm 11.1 this morning. I'm glad they've come down from 17 but at any other time of the day they're up to 16. My meter tells me my 14 day average is 16.2. Let's hope this increased dose of gliclazide will work!
I do hope so Rosie 🙂

17.1 for me this morning. Roll on friday.

Good morning 🙂 4.0 for me.

Off for an MRI of my leg today so going cgm-less for the morning so there is no metal or anything that will be affected by the magnets on me. I'm so nervous, please don't let me go hypo Diabetes Fairy where ever you are! I'm aiming for a higher blood sugar before I go out so hopefully I'll be safe.

I hope all goes well at your eye appointments Amanda and good luck requesting your life saving insulin KookyC aarrgh!

Good morning 🙂 4.0 for me.

Off for an MRI of my leg today so going cgm-less for the morning so there is no metal or anything that will be affected by the magnets on me. I'm so nervous, please don't let me go hypo Diabetes Fairy where ever you are! I'm aiming for a higher blood sugar before I go out so hopefully I'll be safe.

I hope all goes well at your eye appointments Amanda and good luck requesting your life saving insulin KookyC aarrgh!
Keeping everything crossed for you Flower, I hope that all goes well {{{HUGS}}} I've given the Fairy strict orders NOT to bother you today!

Thanks Northerner 🙂 I hope she is listening! I had forgotten quite how scared I feel without any idea where my blood sugar is, I immediately feel like something is going to go wrong. Get a grip Flower !

3.7 for me this morning. Combination of long walk and a couple of glasses of wine yesterday seems to abolish the Dawn Phenomenon.(only not permanently, I just adapt after a couple of days)
Good luck with the appointments today, AJ, and I hope your BG behaves, Flower.

Good luck to all of you facing appointments and challenges today...not to forget idiotic doctors! 😱

A very nice 5.8 for me this windy morn 🙂

I was 4.5 this morning, which was something of a relief, as I've been having almost all 7s & 8s and even some 9s since I had that cold, or possibly since the clocks went back, or some other random date 🙄 - didn't know whether I needed to put Lantus up or down or what (I suspect it needs to go down now, as I also had 2 hypos today). Now hoping morning reading will stay in the 4s & 5s and not go back up again tomorrow ...

Thanks everyone for your good luck messages. Flower I hope that everything went well with your MRI. 12.1 for me after a big dose of comfort eating last night.

Morning all.🙂 8.1 here - didn't need that bedtime biscuit after all!🙄

Good morning all 🙂 and 7.1 today
When I got home from work last night was 7.7 despite normal low carb food for tea and lots of walking. Felt fed up and ate a bag of crisps before bed Stupid but that's the sort of silly thing I do sometimes So rather odd to not be higher this morning!

Good morning all 🙂 and 7.1 today
When I got home from work last night was 7.7 despite normal low carb food for tea and lots of walking. Felt fed up and ate a bag of crisps before bed Stupid but that's the sort of silly thing I do sometimes So rather odd to not be higher this morning!
Hi Lindarose, bear in mind that meters are not entirely accurate - that 7.7 might have actually been closer to 7.0 than it showed (there can be a 10% variation). You're pretty rock-steady overnight and that's a very good thing to see! 🙂

16.4 for me this morning. Had hardly any carbs with dinner last night, I'm getting so frustrated now no matter what I seem to eat and cut out my BG levels are still not budging, hoping the doctor can sort me out on friday afternoon (even had a bit of a cry over it last night :()

16.4 for me this morning. Had hardly any carbs with dinner last night, I'm getting so frustrated now no matter what I seem to eat and cut out my BG levels are still not budging, hoping the doctor can sort me out on friday afternoon (even had a bit of a cry over it last night :()
I'm very sorry to hear this @Stitch147 {{{HUGS}}} It seems that what you are eating is not the problem, it is that your base levels are so high to begin with. Otherwise, your levels are generally good between before and after meals. This suggests that the problem is that the insulin you are producing is insufficient to cope with your 'background', or basal, level, which is what is sustained by the release of glucose from your liver..Gliclizide may be able to help by stimulating more insulin production. Don't let the doctor blame your diet and exercise - the Fairy has been telling me how active you are and conscious of what you are eating, on top of your excellent weight loss - so the root of your problem has to lie in insufficient insulin for your needs. Once again, I'd ask about the possibility of a slow-onset Type 1 - don't let the GP dismiss this. As I've mentioned before, many of the features your own particular version of diabetes exhibits would be consistent with this. A C-peptide test might be appropriate, as this would show how much insulin you are producing - too little, could be Type 1, too much, suggests insulin resistance. Keep your spirits up, not long to wait now 🙂

Back