Group 7-day waking average?

Dull, grey and damp here this morning but surprisingly mild. Haircut later, having had to wait a week as my barber was on holiday, then a trip over to the Vauxhall Dealer after lunch to book my car in for its MOT. There were 2 things picked up on its recent service that need fixing, so it would make sense to do them at the same time.

6.3 this morning, and that was without one of my wife's brownies yesterday evening, so they're released without charge.

Have a good day, all.

Morning all, well after a very wet night and a very damp start to the day I came
up with a very happy 5.1 this morning. I'm off for my annual eye screening soon
hopefully no problems - fingers crossed.

Have a good day folks and stay dry.

Morning all - thick fog here.

4.1 this morning. I just do not understand this HCL. I am totally bewildered by it! Yesterday afternoon after two slices of toast (29g carb) and 2 poached eggs I rose to 20mmol and the HCL switched itself to manual. I had bolussed for 35g carb and though I was 9mmol before lunch the PDM had advised only 2.6u insulin. I stayed in high teens until dinnertime - a small portion of linguine with a chicken, mushroom and spinach cream sauce, I bolussed for 60g carb (I had weighed my portion of pasta). BG rose to 19.4 mmol. Yesterday the TIR was 16%. I think I need help. Need to post this in the forum. I suppose it might be a result of having flu and covid jabs on Monday.

So hubby has gone to the dentist. He thinks the ABs have worked on his infected gum and the visit today is to see whether he needs a root canal or not. His phone is on the blink. I had decided to buy him a new more up to date phone for Xmas, but he needs one now, so we are off to Currys to see what we can sort out this afternoon. This leaves me in a dilemma as to what I can now buy him for Xmas.

This evening is our evening for meeting friends in the local... but 2 of them are currently on their way to Spain in the campervan and staying 3 months... we will miss them.

Have a good day all.

7.1 on this grey, damp. morning.. unusually too - not much of a breeze.

I've been working on improving my computer skills lately, so I started a Digital well-being class last week, coupled with a qualification.
I had a small test to see where I stand, it turns out I'm at GCE standard (we used to call them A Levels), so a pleasant surprise. Here's to learning a few things that I've not done before.

7.1 on this grey, damp. morning.. unusually too - not much of a breeze.

I've been working on improving my computer skills lately, so I started a Digital well-being class last week, coupled with a qualification.
I had a small test to see where I stand, it turns out I'm at GCE standard (we used to call them A Levels), so a pleasant surprise. Here's to learning a few things that I've not done before.
I thought that used to be O levels so not as good as you thought. A levels are still A levels.

I thought that used to be O levels so not as good as you thought. A levels are still A levels.
To be more accurate the qualification mentioned was Entry Level 3, I thought a GCE was A-Level, my mistake.
I've been out of education for 30 years.so I'm a little behind with these markers.

To be more accurate the qualification mentioned was Entry Level 3, I thought a GCE was A-Level, my mistake.
I've been out of education for 30 years.so I'm a little behind with these markers.
You are quite correct, GCE in England & Wales nowadays is A levels. Level 3 equivalent. GCSEs are Level 2 equivalent.

To be more accurate the qualification mentioned was Entry Level 3
Google suggests (at least for English) that's slightly below GCSE grade 1 (G). So pretty basic, though probably useful enough for what it was teaching (I'm guessing it was how to use Microsoft Word and do stuff on computers). Basic, but kind of the minimum that people need to survive nowadays so well worth doing.

Maybe, but just to keep things easy to understand there's apparently also an Entry Level 3.
I missed the Entry Level...
GCE is A levels, which is Level 3, but Entry Level (1,2 and 3) is not the same at all!
See

When I sat my O Levels the only computers were room-sized.
Martin when I did my degree course in computer science in 1969-1973, we never got to see the computers as they were in sterile rooms with "men" in white coats attending them. You wrote your program(me)s on coding sheets, which were then sent to the punched card section, where your lines were turned into a series of punched cards that were then fed through a card reader. Most of mine came back with comments like "Invalid" this or that! on them. :rofl:

Last edited:
Martin when I did my degree course in computer science in 1969-1973, we never got to see the computers as they were in sterile rooms with "men" in white coats attending them. You wrote your program(me)s on coding sheets, which were then sent to the punched card section, where your lines were turned into a series of punched cards that were then fed through a card reader. Most of mine came back with comments like "Invalid" this or that! on them. :rofl:
I used operate one of the punch card computers :D had to laugh, I think I only ever understood DOS, that's all gone out the window now.

Good for you @Silent Sands

Well this morning 6.1 - Also a grey murky day here. I went into town and my body said stir fry stir fry stir fry. So I have just finished off a plate. So easy with Sainsbury's ready prepared mixed veg, egg noodle and I cooked some chicken to have with. 🙂 delicious.

When I sat my O Levels the only computers were room-sized.
Long after my exams (O level) when I'd been at work quite some time computers could take up a whole warehouse. I had a temp job collating sales label tickets with holes punched in them so that they could be "fed" to the computers at the head office of Foster Brothers which was a nationwide chain of gents outfitters.

I got my first proper computer in 1992 - a 486 running Win 3.1 (but you could also boot it into DOS). To get onto the internet (Compuserve) there was a 9.6 baud modem in the computer, you had to dial the nearest hub. In our case it was Bristol - a long distance call, so you had to be quick or it was expensive. I had a Compuserve reader and logged into their forums, swiped all new messages and logged off. Answered stuff offline and dialled up again to post the answers. I belonged to a cookery forum, a computer forum and a travel forum.

We had a Keypunch Section in our office, and I think there were 8 operators and a Supervisor. As it was back in the 1970s you won't be surprised when I tell you that all 9 were girls.

Apparently not. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Certificate_of_Education

(Though yes, probably @Leadinglights meant GCSE which is more O level. By coincidence I have an O level in Computer Studies (grade A). (And an A level in Computer Science, also grade A.))

And I have an MSc in IT which ore-dates the web. First used IBM Call-OS. First PC Dragon 32 with 6809 processor. Used it to teach myself assembler programming.

For some reason people do not like being told the failings of their websites. I have done so with an earlier GP practice, the DWP, Halifax and others. The main issues seem to stem from unclear requirements and flawed design. :(

Back