Group 7-day waking average?

6.2 this morning, for which I blame my wife for making some of her delicious chocolate brownies. Had one with a dollop of Greek yogurt after dinner. If she makes brownies it's the only time I ever do dessert at home, but shan't bother this evening and see whether it makes a difference tomorrow morning.

Dull day so far and nothing on the cards except some grocery shopping and my usual swim. Wedding Anniversary coming up on Friday (28 years) and we've booked a weekend away in Lyme Regis, so looking forward to that. Need to check I have everything that I need to pack all ready in good time so there's no last-minute washing & ironing to do.

I do envy you @eggyg - we have some nice woodland walks locally, and riverside along the Thames if we drive over that way and park, but nothing remotely like your photos.

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn.

Whatever your plans, have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Good morning all! 5.5 this morning for me.

Still got the tail end of this virus, but hopefully it’s on the way out now!

Next issue is our bathroom fitter is not responding to us - we had him down to do the downstairs cloakroom and replace flooring in the kitchen. Bad thing is, as we trusted him and impressed with the work he did in our main bathroom, we paid a deposit for this job. Now starting to wonder about starting a small claim against him to get our deposit back, but doubtful it will be worthwhile so may just have to write off the deposit. It leaves a bad feeling. Oh well.

Congratulations @Gwynn on your HS today!

Have a good day everyone!

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn.

Quick question everyone - has/is anyone took/taking Vitamin D daily and is there any affect on levels for t1?
I've been taking vitamin D for years. I have never noticed any affect on my levels. May I ask what you are taking? Capsules or pills and what strength. I usually take a 4,000iu capsule every 3rd day, but the GP has prescribed me chewable Calcium and Vit D combined tablets. I'm none too sure that tablets will be as effective as capsules.

Morning all - another grey one, with a light breeze today.

5.9 this morning. Had my 'flu and covid vaccinations yesterday. BG shot up to over 16 and it wouldn't come down below 14 . During the night (about 2am) the PDM was alarming because BG was high and it had delivered maximum insulin. I did a manual correction and that seemed to sort it. Covid arm is a bit sore this morning, but nothing I can't live with, though BG has gone back up to 10.4. Have just corrected again.

Not got much on today. I need to finish off the photobook of our Brittany holiday and I shall cook a chicken/spinach and mushroom pasta dish for dinner.

Beautiful photos @eggyg. Lovely scenery. We used to hike the coastal paths, but frankly not up to it these days.

Congratulations @Gwynn on your HS

Last but not least @Martin.A congratulations on 28 years of wedded bliss!

Have a good day all.....

Good morning. 6.9.

Could be worse after my stupid carb decsions yesterday. I got a bit glum after wading hrough rightmove yet again and then went to the village shop to deal with a loo roll emergency (i.e. last sheet and none in pantry - oops). Walked past cakes and a battenburg leapt into my basket quite unprovoked so I ate it to teach it a lesson...

Off to see another place tomorrow - agent had suggested today but owners wanted Wednesday. Photos show the place about 4 feet deep in piles of clothes and other detritus. If they plan to clear that before the viewing I wonder how they will get the JCB through the doors. Building looks structurally OK, bungalow with good layout, decent views, driveway off B road, 3.5 acres which needs clearing and fencing. Says they are open to offers - you may hear screams when/if I make an offer🙂 At least the agent doesn't use that awful phrase "well presented" which, on inspection, generally demonstrates that a) the owner had an emulsion brush and b) the agent had no taste.

Have a good day eveyone.

Good moaning! Another bad morning at 10.3! I finished the course of antibiotics yesterday so hoping my stomach will start getting back to normal.

Call from GP practice this morning, anytime from 8:00! I missed the last one a week ago and they never called back. I really dislike it that they cannot even give you a one-hour window.

Foggy!
Mine give me a window and then usually call an hour before it starts!

Good morning 5.3 today
Looks like I’m first up today ?

Have a Terrific Tuesday
Have just replied to myself as a bit of an update, having a cuppa and need to get back to work in a minute, having just been to see Diabetic Consultant (at the Hospital) for an actual face-to-face appointment.

He was suprised, when I told him , yes his records sre probably vorrect, as I couldn't remember ever seeing them before
anyway with my latest Hba1c being what it is, obviously he was happy with the progress I've made since we last spoke in May (in June was 76) moving forward will see him / his colleague, every 6 months also he agrees with me about still taking Insulin twice daily,
but reduce it as ive previously spoken with GP (it the nighttime hypos again especially whilst im still losing weight)

they wernt aware I've got the Libra, so they are now and set up to track me on the data,
so I will for the forceable future still get the sensors on prescription (which is a relief)
Regarding previous damage Iwas doing to my organs, he was pretty sure (certainly from all the blood tests I've had recently) im going to be OK
but as I've a family history of heart disease he said really I should go back on Empagiflozine
which I told him I wasn't entirelly happy to do, but will speak to GP about that.

Congratulations on todays HS @Gwynn :star:
Thanks for the virtual applause @zippyjojo good to see you have been successful in getting sensors on prescription :party:

@eggyg amazing scenery there, great pictures as always <3

Walked past cakes and a battenburg leapt into my basket quite unprovoked
Battenburgs have a habit of doing that :rofl:

Morning all. 6.4.

Very chilly morning, barely above freezing. Forecast is fantastic, sunny and cold, perfect for the walking day we’ve got planned. We’re going to finish off walking The Ullswater Way. We did the east side pre lockdown, Pooley Bridge to Glenridding, that almost ended with us missing the last steamer back, I injured my knee tripping over a tree root and it slowed us right down. But we made it by the skin of our teeth. Today, we have a cunning plan. Park at Pooley Bridge, bus to Glendinning and walk back. That way we can do it at our own pace. Should be a good day, I absolutely love Ullswater, the views will be spectacular. Supposed to be 11.5 miles, we always go wrong so might be more! I’ll report back tomorrow if I’ve survived! 😉

Have a Happy Monday.
I love the Lake District, it was the go to holiday place when I was a kid living in Lancashire as it wasn't too far, we stayed at the Ullswater Hotel right on the lakeside and at the Rampsbeck Hotel, further down the lake but up on the hillside. Also at the Old England in Bowness. Plus youth hostelling trips as a teenager and camping when the kids were small. Most recently well at least 8 years ado, stayed in Cartmel on a Groupon deal

I've been taking vitamin D for years. I have never noticed any affect on my levels. May I ask what you are taking? Capsules or pills and what strength. I usually take a 4,000iu capsule every 3rd day, but the GP has prescribed me chewable Calcium and Vit D combined tablets. I'm none too sure that tablets will be as effective as capsules.
I'm not taking it at the moment. I've been told that its good for bones and muscles, especially during/after the menopause. My knees and hips are painful and i wondered if it would help. I

Back