Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and 5.4 for me. FOTF then went into reverse. Alarm started beeping while I was in the shower. Took a glucose tab. 20 mins later 3.2 although only 3.8 on a finger test. All without the benefit of insulin. Breakfast done and all ok again.

Car in for MOT. It's going to be a damp walk to pick it up.

Have a good day everyone.

8.2 this morning which I was disappointed with. I was diagnosed last week and made massive changes to my diet and my BS has come down lovely without medication.

My Libre is saying 5.4 and my finger prick was 8 so god knows what is going on there. Just had breakfast and working, the weather is horrible here in Norfolk!

8.2 this morning which I was disappointed with. I was diagnosed last week and made massive changes to my diet and my BS has come down lovely without medication.

My Libre is saying 5.4 and my finger prick was 8 so god knows what is going on there. Just had breakfast and working, the weather is horrible here in Norfolk!
Don't be too despondent, morning numbers are often the last to come down and you are only a week into making changes and it takes the body a while to adjust. Bringing levels down slowly is better as there is less chance of issues with your eyes and nerves from a rapid drop.
Can't say about the difference between the two readings other than they measure something different and each have a permissible variation.

8.0 today - no surprise as found my husband's hidden Tony's Chocolonely chocolate last night (I say hidden - he must think I'm a child as all I had to do was reach up and look in a basket in the top of the cupboard, and there it was!). Busy day yesterday with the name ceremony of the new rib for the Patterdale Mountain Rescue. Mark has joined the team so it was a lovely chance to get to meet them all. One lovely chap had been doing it for the last 50 years! They have a boat because they also do the boat rescues on Ullswater and use it to get to the inaccessible side of the lake and mountains above. Last night we had a quiz at our local pub and made a team with two other couples who we've met since moving up here so that was great fun. We came second and won £20! Wet here today so I'm staying cosy inside. Mark is off with the local farmers doing a gathering up on the tops so will be very soggy when he gets home later but no doubt with lots of stories to tell. Have a good day everyone xxx

09:29 BS 5.2 :D Nice HS & thought of you lovely lot so, posting now JUST after a breakfast fry up.

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Can’t remember when I last posted on here but, it was before The Olympics? 😳 Which I watched, of course! <3:D

I’ve had a pretty bad summer this year as I was troubled by the double whammy bouts of hayfever/asthma combo that left me wheezing in bed for about 10 days two more times in wet, warm & under loads of cloud cover so, a total of three times this summer! Hopefully, no more as it’s coming into the Autumn/Winter season now? 😱

Read a ton of books & watched loads of cdrama when bed ridden & not moving much because breathing was so bad! 🙄

Another thing of note that happened today, that made me think of you lot as I wanted to post it, is FINALLY after 14 months of not being able to eat baked beans I ate a small 200g tin of it with my breakfast fry up, in the oven in my case, just now with sausages, veg roll, hash browns & tea!

I don’t know if I posted this last year but, on that last day of my hospital stay back in July I HAD to eat a lunch of baked potato with baked beans & have insulin before being discharged! I didn’t really want to eat at all so, forced it down a bit at a time with the beans especially, tasting more & more disgusting to me in my mind! By the time I finished it I honestly thought I could NEVER stand eating it again!

Indeed that was the case in this last year as I tried a few times at the start & after a mouthful I had to dump them so, stopped trying. But, suddenly 14 months later I fancied some out of the blue & was understandably, I think, a bit hesitant to try them again so, ordered a small 200g tin of Heinz beans in this week’s shopping to give it a go? Even so, I left it until the end of the week to try it! 🙄

Phew! They tasted normal to me so, that last lingering bit of psychological trauma from my hospital stay HAS healed & I CAN eat beans again! 🙂

Morning all - it's still windy, but nothing like yesterday. It's overcast but not raining at the moment.

6.6 this morning, but FOTF took it up into the 8s before I corrected. I didn't think I'd have to be constantly correcting with HCL.

Julian said the drive home yesterday in the wind and rain was horrible, but I'm afraid I dozed on and off all the way home, couldn't keep my eyes open. Probably due to high BGs. I find it really difficult to guess how many carbs are in some things and our friends don't help a lot as they're a bit clueless about how important it is to me. So all I can do is take wild guesses and keep correcting. Having said that, the food was really delicious and the hospitality was faultless.

Hello and welcome back @Lanny

Lovely photos @eggyg ! Keep em coming.

Not much on the calendar today, except a face to face appointment with my own GP - first since lockdown! Something to do with the 24 hr heart monitor I had on a while back. We shall see.

Have a good one everyone.

Good morning 5.3

@Martin.A that must’ve been a shock for your wife, it’s good job and relief that she had locked the doors

I’ve been to dentist this morning only went for a routine check up, but ended up having a filling, in a wisdom tooth (which I didn’t realise I needed) but was in done and back home in an hour,
as I post I’m relaxed with a cuppa in the conservatory like most places cold and wet outside

over the weekend I downloaded Gluroo for my phone, I’m looking to get a smart watch and will want to see readings on there also, I like the way with Gluroo sugars are displayed on the top of phone and home screen of phone (I’m sure there are other apps that can do similar) thinking when I tried the DexcomOne+ it does that also but not on the Libra Link app

I’ve DMO eye clinic appointment this afternoon, look forward to seeing what the results are and how things have progressed since my last treatment (a month ago)
I don’t usually look forward to eye treatment, but I want to speak to GP about possibly of moving me to the full dose of Mounjaro plus think I need a different prescription on my glasses anyway.

Happy Monday everyone 😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 5
Morning everyone, it was a 4.9 for me earlier on a cold and grey morning.

Have a good day everyone and stay well.

@Martin.A that must’ve been a shock for your wife, it’s good job and relief that she had locked the doors
Her car has an autolock option, which she has set to 'on'. You have to manually unlock the passenger doors to let someone get in.

Her car has an autolock option, which she has set to 'on'. You have to manually unlock the passenger doors to let someone get in.
Thats lucky. What a horrible shock. I hope she's ok now.

Don't be too despondent, morning numbers are often the last to come down and you are only a week into making changes and it takes the body a while to adjust. Bringing levels down slowly is better as there is less chance of issues with your eyes and nerves from a rapid drop.
Can't say about the difference between the two readings other than they measure something different and each have a permissible variation.

Thank you, that's really helpful to know. I've noticed my morning numbers take a while to come down. I'm 2 hours post breakfast and a comfortable 6 now.

Afternoon all

9 exactly today, been was too busy earlier to post. Like everyone, dull and wet here today. Still coughing.

@Martin.A - that must have been scary for your wife.

Afternoon folks 8.6 for me this morning. Congratulations to @ Lanny and @Pam123 on your Hs.Have a good day whatever your up to.And watch out for dog crap and yorkies .Terriers and chocolate bar

Back