Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 7.4 - attributing it to a poor night.

Yesterday spent organising for trip to Yorkshire. 5.5 hours drive. Not looking forward to it. I was pleased to see that the forecast for today was much better than yesterday when the local highway drains were not coping with the downpour. Then I looked again - once I get to Manchester the weather looks dire. Hopefully I can sort out the house clearance and be home on Thursday. Car full of tools, cleaning equipment, and picnic food/drink - no "greasy spoons" for me.

Was mildly amused to get a whining e-mail from a dim Yorkshire dwelling cousin, some 8 years my junior, who, after "crying the poor tale" over his health and impoverishment accused me of being "arrogant and entitled". I was pleased in my courteous response to plead guilty to arrogance but to deny entitlement. Then I pointed out shortly the expense occasioned to the estate by his unauthorised and injudicious activities. Fortunately he is on holiday this week so cannot attend to help - thank God for small mercies.

Hope everyone has a good few days while I am in the frozen North.

6.1 for me.

Dreary start today but at least the heating has come on - our thermostat leaves a bit to be desired!

Nothing exciting for me, just hopes for a not too many home visits in our visits book. Only 4 shifts left before I leave and trying to stay mentally present until I go!

Oooh 5.2! No screenshot as dexcom and can't be bothered to get work phone and take a photo of it.

Wedding Orders of Service arrived yesterday, a little ahead of the expected time (and really good because there's midweek group tonight in church, so means we can leave them at church ready and fiancé doesn't have to remember them on the day).

Awful rain here yesterday but thankfully I didn't have to be out in it too much so didn't get too soaked. Slept a little better last night, still woke after 4 hours but managed to get back to sleep this time until just before alarm was due to go off. Going to try and drop kids off and get into work a little earlier today I think.

5.2!

Decided not to head to the States in May but to put it off until October. Means I stand a chance of:
A) Getting accommodation in/around the national parks I want to visit
B) Not melting in the heat

Booked tickets just now for Titanique the musical for Christmas Eve. Can’t wait! Did it to compensate for getting an email yesterday from Devil Wears Prada saying that due to “unforeseen circumstances” they’ve had to cancel the performance I booked for November back in February. Apparently they’ve cancelled all performances that week via email but are still selling tickets to them on their website. Not impressed.

Morning congrats on the HSs but no hat trick as a 7 for me but another flat line and a lovely sleep.
Heavy rain but drying up now in the “ Frozen North” and trip to Manchester for wifes post op Consultant appointment but all should be fine.
My Brother in law called in yesterday on way home from North Staffs after having a pacemaker fitted ( has had lots of cardiac related issues) and hopefully will give him some respite.
Dogs love them and go mad when his partner gets on the floor with them.
Have a good day all and giving wife a free Pinch and Punch pass and save it for next month.

Morning all. 7.0 here.

It’s a filthy day here! Hubby’s uncle Eurig is on a Saga-lout holiday to Pembrokeshire (he couldn’t have chosen a worse week, weather-wise), so we’re meeting him for lunch in Tenby / Dinbych-y-Pysgod. Looking forward to it, we haven’t seen him for a looooong time.

We’re picking the puppy up on Thursday. It took forEver to choose a name - how do people choose names for their kids? We’d have changed our minds every week until they were teenagers, (if we’d had any).

Morning

8.9 on another grey day, got my DN appointment today so fully expecting a well derived telling off. Plans for today, work, see mum and this evening knitting or crotchet while watching rubbish TV.

Congratulations to @42istheanswer and @ColinUK, and to yesterday’s HS

Well done to @42istheanswer and @ColinUK on those HSs. 🙂
I made a 6.1 after a very restless sleepless night. 🙂

Dez

Bora da all. 5.6 on this dry morning.

Yesterday started quite bright, but we weren’t fooled, we knew the rain would come. At 10am we could see the sea was splashing and crashing so we grabbed our cameras and popped up the lonning and over the road. It put on a good show for us. 10 minutes later back in the cottage for me to put a bit of slap on, didn’t want to give the Caernarfon residents a shock. The rain started as soon as we parked up, just a slight drizzle but enough to render me blind. Wearing specs and rain isn’t good. Had a wander and found a butcher and purchased two sirloin steaks for our tea. Then a cafe for a bit lunch, Welsh Rarebit for Mr Eggy and I ordered a tuna melt panini. There was only two other customers so thought it wouldn’t be too long, I duly dialled up a whopping 6 units of bolus, paninis hit me like a ton of bricks. Waited about 10 minutes and the assistant came out and said they didn’t have any tuna! Had a quick look at the menu and chose a cheese and ham panini and asked if they could melt the cheese, toasted? she asked. Yes please. Another maybe 10/15 minutes went by, our food came out, I had a cheese and ham toastie! Which was very nice but about half the carbs of a panini. Oh dear, what did I do, went to the Spar and bought a bar of chocolate. Well, someone has to take one for the team. In conclusion, never ever, assume/presume anything when eating out, bolus when it’s in front of you! And don’t buy a big bar of Cadburys ‘cos you know fine well you’ll eat the lot! 😛
Rain got worse and worse but we saw the castle and the harbour. Went home and chilled for the rest of the afternoon.

Today we’re off for a long coastal walk, forecast dry with sunny intervals, it’s misty at the moment, it looks ethereal.

Congrats @42istheanswer and @ColinUK on your HS.
Have a good day folks, safe journey @TinaD

Today’s photos.
Yesterday morning on the beach.
Caernarfon Castle
Caernarfon Harbour.

Attachments

• IMG_4612.jpeg
    IMG_4612.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4614.jpeg
    IMG_4614.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4625.jpeg
    IMG_4625.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4632.jpeg
    IMG_4632.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 7
Morning all. I'm cockahoop, in the fives yay! 5.7 @ 6.46

Perished, can't get warm, both heating and fire on costing a fortune but sack it I can't bear being cold. Weight is stuck but I'm quite pleased with that too. Have a good October all. 🙂

Kicking off the new month with a 5.9 and a grey but dry morning, but we're due rain (again) this afternoon. Garden thermometer only just into single figures at the moment.

Our eldest is 25 today so there are banners and balloons up in the lounge. No sign of him yet, though. Tuesday is one of his futsal team's training nights so his birthday meal out will be tomorrow. Even his birthday doesn't trump his futsal.

Usual Tuesday swim before lunch and a bit of grocery shopping are the only things on my list for today. We'll see what else comes along. In the meantime it's time to settle down with a coffee and the newspaper.

Congrats @42istheanswer and @ColinUK for nailing an HS this morning.

Whatever your plans, have a good day.

Good morning from Norn Iron! 5.1 on this uncharacteristically sunny morning here! Hoping to get to Malin Head, the most northerly point of the island of Ireland today.

The family reunion went really well and yesterday we visited some others from my wife’s family. They life up in the mountains where my phone just showed the satellite icon as there was no other service. When we came down from the mountains I discovered lots of messages and voicemail from my father. Panicking there was something wrong I called as soon as we had enough signal to discover it was about his on-going BT line fault which has been going on for over 6 weeks now. He is really anxious and worried as the phone and internet are their only contact with the outside world. At least they have the pendant alarms which continue to work in case of emergencies or falls.

Congratulations to @42istheanswer and @ColinUK on your HS today!

@ColinUK - visiting national parks in the US sounds great - which ones are you planning to go to?

Oh, found another pot of gold yesterday too!

IMG_0254.jpeg

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning from Norn Iron! 5.1 on this uncharacteristically sunny morning here! Hoping to get to Malin Head, the most northerly point of the island of Ireland today.

The family reunion went really well and yesterday we visited some others from my wife’s family. They life up in the mountains where my phone just showed the satellite icon as there was no other service. When we came down from the mountains I discovered lots of messages and voicemail from my father. Panicking there was something wrong I called as soon as we had enough signal to discover it was about his on-going BT line fault which has been going on for over 6 weeks now. He is really anxious and worried as the phone and internet are their only contact with the outside world. At least they have the pendant alarms which continue to work in case of emergencies or falls.

Congratulations to @42istheanswer and @ColinUK on your HS today!

@ColinUK - visiting national parks in the US sounds great - which ones are you planning to go to?

Oh, found another pot of gold yesterday too!

View attachment 31722

Have a good day everyone!
Where’s the leprechaun?

Back