Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning.8.4 Bad traffic jams on Manchester ring road yesterday. Drive started badly.
Loos in first pit stop boarded up. Eek! Recalled little railway station with gratitude and crossed legs..hotel ok. Found house. Horrible black millstone grit and no garden. Poor old man.The one who did not escape the industrial past.Lived and died alone. Got keys so busy day sorting it out. Hope everyone has a good day.
Hi Tina,
Yes the Millstone Grit of Pennines can be very bleak and I remember once visiting the Type of house you visited to buy a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog.
It was a puppy farm and the dogs had “ woolly patches” of hair on their ridges.
They explained it that as the Winters there were so cold they naturally grew an additional layer of fur to keep them warm.
We left pretty quickly.

Morning all. Well take your pick of my numbers, 2.7, 7.1, 5.6. Who knows? This sensor is not right at all. Finger prick is often 3-4 lower than the sensor so i'm calling it in i think. Finger prick now showing 5.4 with sensor at 8.9 and rising fast. Edited: now 9.2 rising 🙄

Last night was horrible. The insulin pen felr "juddery" while injecting for tea. I tried an air shot after and not much was coming out (i'd tried before injecting and it was ok). I had no idea how much insulin had actually been given so couldn't have more. I ended up with a rise to 19, which corrections with a new pen struggled to bring down.

Today i need to try and get a telephone appointment with the GP, a friend is coming for a coffee and i'm having my hair cut later. The weather atm is very dark and grey but windy and no rain forecast so hopefully i can get the washing on the line.

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn and @42istheanswer. Have a good day everyone.

And it’s a 5.2, and a unicorn, I’m coming to live in Welsh Wales I think, my BGs have been great. TBF it’s probably all the walking.

Yesterday we walked 9 miles. Just locally from the cottage. Down to the south end of Dinas Dinlle to an Iron Age hill fort. It’s just been excavated in the last few years and it’s quite a significant find. Very interesting and fab views. We returned to the cottage for a bite of lunch and then turned north to visit another fort, Fort Belan, not quite Iron Age, 18th century. There’s still cannons looking out to the Menai Straits! Or to scare errant English retirees who trespass! The tide wasn’t quite out when we got there, we were half an hour early so to enable us to cross the point we had to trespass through the fort and around the “harbour”. Top rebs! Crossed the mud and slippy seaweed for me to promptly trip on the stony path! Flat on my face, Mr Eggy said it was like a cartoon fall, it was so slow! Hands and knees grazed and my pride hurt. Mr Eggy kept tight hold of me from then on, still had another three miles to go by then. I’m ok today, I was expecting to be a bit stiff but I’m fine. Tough as old boots. 😉

Enjoyed the walk, the beaches at the north end when the tide is out are beyond belief. @zippyjojo I think they may give Luskentyre a run for their money. We’ll see next year.

A forest walk today planned, Beddgelert, forecast good again.

Photos today. My HS.
The iron age hill fort.
Views over the village.
Views over to Anglesey.
The beach!
Belan Fort and it’s cannons!

Attachments

• IMG_6135.png
    IMG_6135.png
    32 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4639.jpeg
    IMG_4639.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4636.jpeg
    IMG_4636.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4678.jpeg
    IMG_4678.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4666.jpeg
    IMG_4666.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4701.jpeg
    IMG_4701.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4698.jpeg
    IMG_4698.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8
@ColinUK - visiting national parks in the US sounds great - which ones are you planning to go to?
I want to go to Sequoia or Redwood (I forget which one is which), Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Bryce Canyon and others in that general region

Good morning 5.1 today

Congrats on HS @Gwynn & @eggyg

Update on the Mondays visit to DMO clinic (EYE Department) the swelling in my right eye
had reduced but only slightly, not enough for them to continue with injecting Vabysmo (that eye has had 10 treatments with Vabysmo) on Monday I had a implant of Ozurdex injected in there
this will slowly dissolve into myeye,
strangely I can’t see the pellet in my eye they told me I would usually see it there
a it is in there, although TBH ive got used to seeing so many floaters etc in my vision I don’t always see them, plus obviously there’s a problem with that eye anyway, which is why I’ve been having treatment for nearly 10 years
will need to have some checks (especially pressures) as Ozurdex it is thought can increase the risk of Glaucoma & Cataract (previously they wouldn’t give it to patients prior to already had Cataract surgery) but things change
other than some headaches I would say I’m ok following that being injected into my eye on Monday

Bloods tests were not done yesterday (due to vampire being off sick)
but spoke to a GP yesterday, he was happy to prescribe me a weeks worth of antibiotics following the samples of Blood & Water taken last week.

Have a fabulous day 😎

A 6.1 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

Morning

8.3 on another dull dark day, at least I finally seem to be getting rid of this cold. DN appointment went well, she was kind and said she was here to help me not tell me off, she understands that sometimes people’s mental health make looking after themselves harder. Anyway she was more concerned with my cholesterol level and blood pressure than the D, which ironically was a slight improvement from last year, although still bad at 60.

Congratulations @Gwynn, @42istheanswer and @eggyg on today’s HS

Back