Group 7-day waking average?

8.1 this morning. Last couple of mornings it has been higher which I'm frustrated about but I need to ring the GP as I can't tolerate metformin at all - I can barely swallow it never mind the side effects!

An older friend was diagnosed Type 2 on his retirement. He could not tolerate Metformin as the side effects made him virtually house bound. A change to insulin (8u Actrapid a.m. and p.m. suits him well) did the trick. Being on insulin got him referred to a consultant where further tests showed he was Type 1.5 (LADA). Fifteen years on he is doing well; going to the gym, swimming and growing his own produce. Only concession to age was a move to a bungalow from a second floor maisonette as carrying the shopping up the stairs was becoming a chore. Good luck with the GP. 😉

Looks like I missed some of the HS’s sorry @42istheanswer
then after I posted earlier, looks like a few others are joining those already on the HS step
Looks like there’s a plethora of forum members now @Pam123 & @Eternal422 both joining
I’m sure I’ve still missed someone

It’s good to hear your eye screening went well for you thats a relief for you @BobbleHat

I’m not looking for sympathy and yes I know I go on sometimes
but only because by sharing what I’ve been through, it’s in the hope someone reads my post or someone you know, then doesn’t do as I did (in the past) as I am the text book example of,
someone who previously didn’t attend eye screening when invited, so really not surprised that I developed the problem I’m being treated for, but very grateful for the treatment I’ve already received and currently am receiving.

congrats to those who are about to or are currently celebrating their Diaversary :party:
how to celebrate 😉 maybe change the lancet on the finger pricing device ?

Late posting my 5.5 waking reading today, I went to the dentist and then shopping.

Afternoon all. 7.3 @ 9.46am and a lie in due to funny turn last night after pigging out on carbs due to lowering of bg yesterday. I always have to sabotage myself. 🙄 On the plus side I now always get right back down to it. I don't carry on being stupid. Better late than never then.

Congrats to @Eternal422 and @Pam123 on your HS too.

how to celebrate 😉 maybe change the lancet on the finger pricing device
Thats just reminded me, thank you. Since i've been finger pricking a lot more since Sunday due to dodgy sensor, i've been meaning to change the lancet as my fingers were sore.

Abbott has agreed to replace the current sensor as it reads 3-4 higher than a finger prick. I had to go through a lot more questions than i have before though (although i don't have to replace very often). This time, as well as the usual questions, they wanted the model number of the libre 2 meter i use and the batch number of the test strips.q

Back