Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 4.7 for me and I’ve skimmed the bottom line all night. I gave myself half a unit too much of basal last night, I reduced it last week but muscle memory set in last night! It does mean a shorter wait for breakfast.

Had a good day yesterday, back wise, felt good all day and for the first time in about a month or so I didn’t take any painkillers. I’m going to start the exercises I’ve been given. My osteopath also recommended Pilates, anyone do it/ did it? Does it help? Did you enjoy it? I’m not one for formal exercise/ classes etc but if it prevents me going to the osteopath’s for weeks on end I’m willing to try.

No plans today, forecast is storms and rain all day. Mr Eggy will be like a coiled spring if he can’t get out, I need to put him to work. He can do the bathrooms!

Congratulations to @Robin and @freesia on your HSs.

Have a good day.

. My osteopath also recommended Pilates, anyone do it/ did it?
I used to do mat pilates a few years ago and enjoyed it. It increased my flexibility. I had to stop for a while as i hurt my hip (not from pilates!) then covid came and when lockdowns were lifted the class didn't resume.

@eggyg Pilates is excellent. It’s tougher than you think when you look at it. There are two types basically, one is mat based and the other is machine based. Mat based is always going to be a lot cheaper per class and is doable at home.
It was created to help ballet dancers rehab after injury and it’s now a fundamental part of ballet training.

Well done @Robin & @freesia on those results. 🙂
A 6.1 for me today.

Dez

Morning

7.9 still don’t feel great, feeling really low and tearful which isn’t going to be helped by the higher BG, but eating my emotions, although work is going ok, I really got used to not doing it for those 2 months. Anyway working on a plan to cut down hours next year if I am not able to give up completely. Anyway I know many of you have much worse things than I do. I just need to start being a bit more positive, lose the weight I have gained in the past few months and eat better.

@Robin and @freesia - congratulations on your HS today.

Still over the border in Sixland but not as far over as the last couple of days, 6.2 this morning. Lovely day so far and forecast to be dry, which is good with today being the last washday before we set off on holiday on Friday. Have already placed our Sainsbury's grocery delivery to our holiday let. Hope the weather in Cornwall has improved by then. I read yesterday that they had to cancel the regatta fireworks display in Fowey because of the weather.

Usual Tuesday swim later and a few things needed for the holiday to pick up from Superdrug while I'm in town.

Congratulations to @Robin and @freesia on your HSs.

Have a good day, your weather permitting. I believe some western and northern areas are getting the tail end of a recent hurricane.

Still busy with bits of decorating and sorting out my radio antennas. Amazing where the time disappears to!

Anyway, I’m joining fellow HSers today @freesia and @Robin
IMG_0113.png

Read something on FB about how Dexcom is pitching cheaper prices and ICBs are switching people from Libre to Dexcom One+, which my GP Health Centre are trying to do. The device looks similar size, maybe even a bit smaller and taking a look at the app it seems very similar so maybe this isn’t too bad a change if it comes. Mind you, no idea whether my body would be ok and the Dexcom would be accurate but maybe worth a try?

Chill day today and hopefully a bit of radio time later on.

Take care everyone!

Good morning. 5.7.

Glad to be back to more respectable number and the sun is out although it is till a bit breezy, Yesterday's weather was vile so did absolutely nothing. Had a good night so taking it easy for 2 days seems to have worked. Apart from flinging the hoover around and a very long soak in the bath I have no plans - might conjoin visit to Charity shop to get rid of stuff in back of car since last abortive visit when they were shut with taking a trailer load of weeds to the tip. Very boring. Must look up National trust website and identify a new place to visit.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all - well, it's a glorious day - lets hope it stays that way. Yesterday was utterly dire, driving rain, wind and blooming cold. I said to J as we were coming out of the supermarket "This is November weather".

5.7 this morning with a nice flat line all night. I'm not finding a way of looking at 7, 30 and 90 day averages with the Omnipod 5 PDM. Only the last hours of "today" i.e. since midnight and today I am 93% in range, though I fail to see on the graph where the 7% out of range happened. Anyway it's better than it has been.

This afternoon I have the post-cataract op check up at a local opticians and possibly order some new spectacles. Though currently don't want the expense. I'll also pick up a couple of items in Boots or Superdrug in town that I can't get in the supermarkets.

Congratulations @freesia @Robin and @Eternal422 on your HSs.

FWIW @DianeD £162 is a very good price for a year's travel insurance inc USA, grab it! We have annual world wide travel insurance via our bank account, but pay £344 supplement on top of that.

As to Pilates @eggyg I regret the day I ever set foot in the class. I did myself an injury that has followed me around since 2013 and cost a fortune in physio and chiropractor fees. However, I am the odd one out, most people love their Pilates.

@Grannylorraine just HUGS. You will get past this.

Have a pleasant day all.

Morning everyone, a happy 5.4 for me today.

Have a good day folks and stay safe.

I had recurring problems with my back a good few years ago, @eggyg . All I can say is, once I’d bought a Pilates DVD and worked through it (and managed not to contort myself trying to look at the screen and do the exercise at the same time) I haven’t had problems with my back since. I’d got to the stage where I avoided things that involved standing for hours, because it just got so painful, and occasionally I’d pull something and be incapacitated for days. I think I had very weak stomach muscles, which never recovered after pregnancy, and my back was overcompensating. Once I got my core stronger, it all supported itself better. I also then did an exercise class for years where we did an eclectic mix of stuff, part dance, part stretches, part strengthening, but the teacher based it on Pilates, so it was all familiar to me. Unfortunately it folded during Covid, otherwise I’d still be doing it! (I keep meaning to get the DVD out again, but I’m assuming the all-body work out I get grooming, tacking and riding the pony will keep me fit enough)

I had recurring problems with my back a good few years ago, @eggyg . All I can say is, once I’d bought a Pilates DVD and worked through it (and managed not to contort myself trying to look at the screen and do the exercise at the same time) I haven’t had problems with my back since. I’d got to the stage where I avoided things that involved standing for hours, because it just got so painful, and occasionally I’d pull something and be incapacitated for days. I think I had very weak stomach muscles, which never recovered after pregnancy, and my back was overcompensating. Once I got my core stronger, it all supported itself better. I also then did an exercise class for years where we did an eclectic mix of stuff, part dance, part stretches, part strengthening, but the teacher based it on Pilates, so it was all familiar to me. Unfortunately it folded during Covid, otherwise I’d still be doing it! (I keep meaning to get the DVD out again, but I’m assuming the all-body work out I get grooming, tacking and riding the pony will keep me fit enough)
My osteopath says I need to strengthen my core muscles. He’s given me a pelvis arch exercise to do in the meantime. I do feel that’s the problem, I can’t stand long in one position either. I’m going to try and find a local class, I don’t think I’d have the discipline to do it at home, if I’d paid up front I’ll be more likely to go. Thanks for that Robin.

My osteopath says I need to strengthen my core muscles. He’s given me a pelvis arch exercise to do in the meantime. I do feel that’s the problem, I can’t stand long in one position either. I’m going to try and find a local class, I don’t think I’d have the discipline to do it at home, if I’d paid up front I’ll be more likely to go. Thanks for that Robin.
Core strength may well be the most important thing when it comes to backs. The more support your core muscles provide (including the sides as well as the front), the less strain there will be on your back muscles.

I've had lower back pain pretty much all my life (a mishap in the school gym left me lying across a gym horse looking at the ceiling). I should totally do more core exercises, but I have this huge issue where I loath exercise for the sake of exercise 🙄. I should find an activity which will fit the bill but not be overly taxing, but inspiration has failed me so far.

Loads of erratic heartbeats yesterday evening, and some noticeable ones already today. Average bp this morning 87 / 61, pulse 48

Morning 5.6 after an unexpected visit to 13 at midnight.
Solar panel repairs after scaffolding yesterday. A successful day sorting house insurance after renewal came in at 300% increase despite no claims, how can it go from £400 to £1200 for no reason and that was through a broker! Anyway sorted now at £450. Did a travel quote with the same company and came in at £162 for multi trip including USA is that good?

Take care all, have a good day :D
That sounds very good, a friend was shopping around for insurance for a trip to USA and the quotes varied between £140 and £3000. They only take blood pressure meds with no health conditions.

6.9 this morning

Gym was good yesterday. Rest day today.
ISVA catch up was good as she’s lovely. Sure emailed the lawyers “just checking that you’ve received Colin’s emails” so we’ll see what happens now.

I did see the new Alien film yesterday. The first jump scare got me but the rest I thought was basically just ok. It seemed like it was trying to be too many things for too many people.

Loved the androids though. And also loved the Caffeine Free Vanilla Coke Zero that I picked up on the way in.
that about sums up what we thought about Alien.

Back