Group 7-day waking average?

Good moaning! An awful 12.7 - ((2^7)/10)!

Not totally surprised though. Last night as I put the oven on (M&S roast chicken dinner) I felt a niggle of Phantom Pain and took a couple of Paracetamol to try and ward it off. It did not work and by the time the food was ready I had zero appetite so I left it ticking over. Going hypo had a few JBs and then a coupler of biscuits. By the time the stronger pain killer kicked in the meal was ruined and I had had to treat another hypo. BG then carried on rising...

Fortunately no appointments today. Feel washed out not helped by an over three hour wait after yesterday's Podiatry.

Cloudy and cool.

Back in more familiar territory with a 5.7 this morning. Nice day here so far and forecast to stay that way. Yesterday's forecast was right, too - got 5 machine loads of washing dry on the line. Of course, a chunk of it goes into the ironing basket :( so my wife had a crack at some yesterday evening and I'll pick off the rest today.

Glad you enjoy crossing the Welsh border @Wendal as that used to be the butt of some rather unkind jokes doing the rounds some years ago, eg "What's the best thing that's ever come out of Wales? The M4" and joking about the toll bridges by stealing that line from a well-known horror movie poster (can't remember which one) "Pay to get in, pray to get out". At least now that the tolls have gone that one's history.

Quiet day ahead so might start looking at what I need to pack for our holiday.

@goodybags congrats on the HS.

Whatever your plans, enjoy the day.

Back in more familiar territory with a 5.7 this morning. Nice day here so far and forecast to stay that way. Yesterday's forecast was right, too - got 5 machine loads of washing dry on the line. Of course, a chunk of it goes into the ironing basket :( so my wife had a crack at some yesterday evening and I'll pick off the rest today.

Glad you enjoy crossing the Welsh border @Wendal as that used to be the butt of some rather unkind jokes doing the rounds some years ago, eg "What's the best thing that's ever come out of Wales? The M4" and joking about the toll bridges by stealing that line from a well-known horror movie poster (can't remember which one) "Pay to get in, pray to get out". At least now that the tolls have gone that one's history.

Quiet day ahead so might start looking at what I need to pack for our holiday.

@goodybags congrats on the HS.

Whatever your plans, enjoy the day.
We’re off to north Wales next month for a week’s holiday. Haven’t been since the kids were small. The prices of the holiday cottages are about half the price of any other place in the UK. I’m getting worried now there’s maybe good reason! 😉

We’re off to north Wales next month for a week’s holiday. Haven’t been since the kids were small. The prices of the holiday cottages are about half the price of any other place in the UK. I’m getting worried now there’s maybe good reason! 😉
I wish we could go outside school holidays. Some parents take their children out and pay a fine and it still works out cheaper. Staff can't do that and the prices are astronomical.

Morning a better 6.6 today. Gearing up to replace the summer house floor which has failed. It will be a bit of a mission... No 1 son will help 🙂

I wish we could go outside school holidays. Some parents take their children out and pay a fine and it still works out cheaper. Staff can't do that and the prices are astronomical.
We fancied North Yorkshire, we love Whitby, but the best priced ones ie no sea view, an apartment rather than a cottage didn't have parking. Northumberland just gets worse and worse. Astronomical prices. We’re very fussy, it must have a dishwasher, freezer and preferably a washer/dryer. We like a two bed as you get more space, this time we definitely wanted a sea view or be very close to the beach. I’ve booked a three bedroomed upside down cottage, sleeps five, fantastic sea views, all the facilities we need for less than £500! There’s nothing in the area but we are not bothered one jot about shops or pubs. I can’t eat out anyways. Fingers crossed for half decent weather. It’s not Madeira but we’ll be away and that’s all that matters.

Morning all - weather can't make it's mind up. Goes from blue sky to cloudy seemingly every few minutes. So far though it's dry and the nasty wind has dropped.

6.4 this morning. More or less flat line and 99% TIR.

My eye check up went well until I got to the stage where I had chosen some frames.... and then the quotes! Bottom end £378 and it was implied I'd be much happier with some at £628. It was quite a hard sell. Seems to me Bradley's/Scrivens must have their employees on commission. I shall be taking my prescription to ASDA where top of the range spectacles cost £130. I've had specs from them for years and been very happy with them.

As an aside, the chap who did the quotes was a nice enough chap and during the conversation prior to me seeing the actual Optician it came out that his 10 year old daughter is T1 and on the same HCL as I am. The only downside, and this was mentioned in another thread, is that they can't see her numbers except on her PDM which is, of course, in school with her. Before they could have the app on their phones.

So.. my life seems to consist only of medical appointments these days. Off to the County Hospital this afternoon for a bone density scan.

Congrats @goodybags on your HS. Hope you can talk some sense into the ICB regarding prescribing sensors.

@eggyg and @TinaD I envy you your produce... all our garden produces is grapes and it looks unlikely we'll get much of a crop this year.

Have a good day all...

Croeso y Cymru though sure the Welsh speakers can improve that as I am best described as Henoed.
Are you suggesting it is half price due to me possibly calling in for one of those delicious ginger and lime cakes as they sound very tempting lol.
It is a lovely part of the world well once you get past the urban areas just over the border.I am heading to Wrexham/ Mold but Colwyn Bay tomorrow and an ice cream by the sea.

We fancied North Yorkshire, we love Whitby, but the best priced ones ie no sea view, an apartment rather than a cottage didn't have parking. Northumberland just gets worse and worse. Astronomical prices. We’re very fussy, it must have a dishwasher, freezer and preferably a washer/dryer. We like a two bed as you get more space, this time we definitely wanted a sea view or be very close to the beach. I’ve booked a three bedroomed upside down cottage, sleeps five, fantastic sea views, all the facilities we need for less than £500! There’s nothing in the area but we are not bothered one jot about shops or pubs. I can’t eat out anyways. Fingers crossed for half decent weather. It’s not Madeira but we’ll be away and that’s all that matters.
we are looking for another break and Wales is on the list after the last nightmare we had earlier in the year I am a bit more picky the place you've booked sounds really nice

its 4.8 for me I seams to be in the 4s lately not complaining though, I was very bad last night hubby opened a pack of werther original caramel popcorn I tasted one piece it was so nice o ate half the bag then worked out I had about 50 grams of carbs shocked that it didn't cause a rise above 7 and even had a alarm at 7am, were off to the British iron works for a day out tomorrow long trip but looks really interesting have a good day everyone

its 4.8 for me I seams to be in the 4s lately not complaining though, I was very bad last night hubby opened a pack of werther original caramel popcorn I tasted one piece it was so nice o ate half the bag then worked out I had about 50 grams of carbs shocked that it didn't cause a rise above 7 and even had a alarm at 7am, were off to the British iron works for a day out tomorrow long trip but looks really interesting have a good day everyone
I had never heard of it so looked it up, looks brilliant. Enjoy your day.

@Pam123 is this the British Ironwork Centre in Oswestry? Sounds interesting; I'd not heard of this before. Out of curiosity how did you find out this existed?

Morning all - weather can't make it's mind up. Goes from blue sky to cloudy seemingly every few minutes. So far though it's dry and the nasty wind has dropped.

6.4 this morning. More or less flat line and 99% TIR.

My eye check up went well until I got to the stage where I had chosen some frames.... and then the quotes! Bottom end £378 and it was implied I'd be much happier with some at £628. It was quite a hard sell. Seems to me Bradley's/Scrivens must have their employees on commission. I shall be taking my prescription to ASDA where top of the range spectacles cost £130. I've had specs from them for years and been very happy with them.

As an aside, the chap who did the quotes was a nice enough chap and during the conversation prior to me seeing the actual Optician it came out that his 10 year old daughter is T1 and on the same HCL as I am. The only downside, and this was mentioned in another thread, is that they can't see her numbers except on her PDM which is, of course, in school with her. Before they could have the app on their phones.

So.. my life seems to consist only of medical appointments these days. Off to the County Hospital this afternoon for a bone density scan.

Congrats @goodybags on your HS. Hope you can talk some sense into the ICB regarding prescribing sensors.

@eggyg and @TinaD I envy you your produce... all our garden produces is grapes and it looks unlikely we'll get much of a crop this year.

Have a good day all...
My grape vine is bereft of any fruit this year - just pinhead sized clusters which have mainly turned brown. However given that I am supposed to avoid sugary fruit perhaps the artichokes/chard/courgette/beans/lettuce/watercress/Chinese leaves etc are better for me. Do need to start making basil butter for the freezer this week and hack down the fennel which is 4ft high - otherwise the brute will seed everywhere..

Croeso y Cymru though sure the Welsh speakers can improve that as I am best described as Henoed.
Are you suggesting it is half price due to me possibly calling in for one of those delicious ginger and lime cakes as they sound very tempting lol.
It is a lovely part of the world well once you get past the urban areas just over the border.I am heading to Wrexham/ Mold but Colwyn Bay tomorrow and an ice cream by the sea.
We’re staying in a small place called Dinas Dinlle, Caernarfon. I’ll be taking cake, pop round! 😉

sensors.

We won’t be getting any grapes this year. They are minuscule. Doesn’t matter anyways I’ve still 431 jars of grape jelly left from last year! :rofl:

Despite being Welsh I've never been to North Wales, or mid-Wales for that matter, but being Llanelli born & bred I've been all over the south. One thing on my bucket list is to take a train trip on the The Heart of Wales Line, a 121-mile line between Swansea and Shrewsbury via the rural uplands of Carmarthenshire, Powys and Shropshire with over 30 stations and spectacular scenery.

Back