Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 7.6. Maybe I overdid the cheese and bikkies after a long drive through beautiful countryside to investigate a load of awful properties. Going to see some more today, which is a bit depressing, but its another lovely day so I shall enjoy the drive even if the stops are ghastly.
Booked in for an internal inspection of one on Friday, nice house needing some love, not enough land (0.4 of an acre), overgrown garden, lots of purple wallpaper but good setting and near the sea. Probate sale and the heirs are getting peeved about the delay in getting their loot. Hah! I sniff time for a potential bargain...they will be into double council tax by now. One of today's has 21 acres, which is very much more than I want, but site around house needs a lot of clearing and bungalow of vile design - might be a profitable enterprise as I am pretty good at tidying up and redesigning. All depends on price.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

@TinaD 21 acres sounds like quite a bit to take on unless you can sub some of it out as as a smallholding or something maybe? Or sell to a developer maybe?

@TinaD 21 acres sounds like quite a bit to take on unless you can sub some of it out as as a smallholding or something maybe? Or sell to a developer maybe?
Get it fenced and flail mown, remove rotting barns, alter one into stables, extend bungalow into garage, plant up garden area, advertise, take the money and run. All quite straight forward. Just a bit tedious to do at my age.

Morning everyone,
It’s a happy 4.9 for me today. I recorded a 32.5c in my garden yesterday and that was in the shade, I hopi it’s going to be a bit cooler today as this is to hot for me.

Have a good day everyone and stay cool.

Good morning all. An unexpected 7.4 this morning. I really don't know how it's possible to get smaller numbers after lunch than in the morning. Especially since for the last few days I only take Metformin in the evening. I'm confused.

Anyway, have a great day everyone 🙂

Good morning was 5.3 on waking today

@eggyg what a day yesterday, best wishes for a speedy discharge / recovery for Mr Eggy

I spoke to a GP yesterday regarding a few things, including why I’m off work and how I’m feeling, plus that ive currently got the freestyle libre on a free trial,
and asked the procedure if it can be funded by NHS, he suggested I might not meet the criteria
however he said he will send a message over to another of the GP’s at the practice who
is more involved in looking after all the Diabetes registered to that practice, plus he is my GP anyway, so will see what he says when I speak to him, maybe today or tomorrow he will call

I like the libre and glad I've got it on their free trial, but don’t think I can easily stretch to another £100 PCM to self fund it, so fingers crossed

TC everybody 😎

Last edited:
Good morning all. An unexpected 7.4 this morning. I really don't know how it's possible to get smaller numbers after lunch than in the morning. Especially since for the last few days I only take Metformin in the evening. I'm confused.

Anyway, have a great day everyone 🙂
Dawn Phenomenon or Foot on the Floor hits quite a few people which is why they see higher morning numbers than later in the day.

@goodybags if you end up having to self fund then you don’t have to have it on all the time. Maybe one month a quarter might give you enough info.

3.9 this morning, but had been a bit lower during the night, as soon as i get up my bg rises. I tend to turn my alarms off at night, as I can't stand being woken up with the alarm going off, however I always wake up naturally if I am having a hypo.

Greetings, a disappointing 8.2 first thing which is in complete contract to yesterday's 6.6! Oh well... 5k walk done, rubbish dump, post office parcel, homebase shop and collect prescription all before 10 am!
Garage work this afternoon as Mrs Snowwy going to hairdressers.

Blessings
Snowwy

5.8 this morning just got back from a trip to Waitrose I discovered a low carb bread last time we went over called Livlife its only 3.5 grams of carb per slice and its lovely, as its quite a trek to the nearest Waitrose ive stocked up, finally a lovely bread that's really nice its £2 a loaf but will last me a week so not bad, sorry to hear about Mr Eggy hope he is recovered and home soon

Good evening after a lovely day with glorious sunshine.

6.6 this morning. On the HCL the lowest target for BGs that you can select is 6.1 so I doubt I will ever have a 5.2 again. However, this morning I had been 99% in range for yesterday. At lunchtime yesterday my sensor gave up the ghost so I had to replace it (lucky I had 2 in reserve) which meant 2 hours without sensor input. Rang Abbott and they are replacing it. I think it had been a bit flaky from the start. I'm cautiously pleased with the HCL so far, it seems to be falling into place and I am no longer getting huge spikes after meals. I think once the "learning curve" is over (that's the software that's learning - not to say I'm not! LOL!) I shall have a considerable relief of the burden of constantly thinking about D.

Posting so late because first thing Julian suggested we have a BBQ lunch in the garden. It meant we had to do a shop but also we had to call by the Chemist attached to the surgery to get 3 prescriptions of mine. Firstly I had to queue for nearly 20 minutes and then ensued a huge misunderstanding where they had given me 2 lots of Apidra in cartridges and none in vials. I had to visit the surgery to get this sorted. Nearly an hour later we went off to Lidl for BBQ supplies.

@ColinUK I am sure you will look very suave in those pink trousers!

@eggyg I am so sorry to hear about what has happened to Brian. How is he now? I'm sending positive thoughts his way.

Have a good evening all.

Back