Group 7-day waking average?

Happy Rabbit Day!

7.3 Atrocious sleep last night even by my standards.

Need to pop to the shops as want/need some lightweight smart(ish) trousers for a stone setting this weekend. It’s going to be hot but I don’t think it’s appropriate to wear shorts to the graveside and my jeans are all too big. Also have a casual wedding in a month so if the trousers can do both then that’s perfect.

Think I’ll meditate a bit, gym, then head off to Westfield as it’s beautifully air conditioned and shop there.

Good moaning! Woke a couple of hours ago soaked in perspiration with Phantom Pain. Slept fitfully after taking painkillers but BG has crept up to 11.1!

Physiotherapy later. Hope Patient Transport can get their act together. Were taken out of Special Measures at start of year and gone further downhill since.

Cloudy which I think is contributing to temperatures not dropping overnight!

Happy Rabbit Day!

7.3 Atrocious sleep last night even by my standards.

Need to pop to the shops as want/need some lightweight smart(ish) trousers for a stone setting this weekend. It’s going to be hot but I don’t think it’s appropriate to wear shorts to the graveside and my jeans are all too big. Also have a casual wedding in a month so if the trousers can do both then that’s perfect.

Think I’ll meditate a bit, gym, then head off to Westfield as it’s beautifully air conditioned and shop there.

Maybe a lightweight suit for both.with black tie for stone setting and maybe purple for weeding.

Morning and a 7.5 but again a flat line after a late tea of home made kebabs.
Light rain which has freshened it up and our dogs get so excited when they get wet but lucky we have a big tree in front garden which provides nice cover for them to stay dry.
Day of mixed emotions yesterday in Southport but had a lovely long lunch at a marina in very hot weather and made me feel the world was a happy place again.
Hope you find your happy place today and White Rabbits as my wife has a cold have agreed that I will not contest the normal pinch and punch this time which is just as well as I can claim a draw and not my usual defeat.

Morning all. 4.5! Considering at 11.30 last night I was 11.4 arrow up! But there’s a tale to tell, are you sitting comfortably.

As you know I was at the osteopath yesterday, my sacrum is still in its rightful place, so acupuncture and some prettty hardcore manipulation. Ouch! But honestly it felt great, a lot looser and I could stand up straight for the first time in two weeks. Life suddenly felt good. Mr Eggy decided he’d send an E-consult as he is having another bout of vertigo and also on Monday evening he had very heavy arms, especially his left and, in his words a fizzy head. This was about 8pm when he’d been out in the garden almost all day. He said it was just momentarily, he took his BP and it was fine, I told him to take two aspirins and go to bed, this was after I asked if he wanted me to take him to A&E to which he replied, no I’m fine. I did wonder if it was a TIA. He was absolutely fine when he got up. He related all this in the e-consult. I kid you not, they rang him within two minutes, go to A&E, NOW! We had our lunch first and then went. Arrived at 1ish, quite busy for a Wednesday afternoon. Triage, bloods and an ECG a were performed by 3ish, not bad going, they came back ok, but there was concern that his BP was very different in each arm which could signify a tear in the aorta. CT scan by 4. One hour for results the doc said. 8.30 when the doc arrived, apologised for the wait but they needed to speak to The Freeman Hospital, where he had his last procedure in 2018 and also let our local cardiologists look at the results. No tear in the aorta which we were relieved about. Long story short they’ve found occlusions ( blockages in the arteries) now these might be old ones, he’s had six heart attacks, a quad bypass which failed after 10 years, and about a mile of stents! His most recent procedure was an ablation which blasted through his blocked arteries and and got a couple of them working again. Obviously they didn’t get all four cleared so these are possibly what they can see. Anyways, he’s still there in hospital. They want to keep an eye on him and see a cardiologist this morning to make a plan. They are concerned as none of his HAs were atypical, symptom wise that is, and they aren’t taking any chances. I got home at 10.15, messaged the girls, brought in two lines of washing, the garden seat cushions, I’ve left the seats out, didn’t want to do my back in even more, and watered the greenhouse, all in the dark! The hospital gave us a sandwich at 9.30, I’d survived on a bag of Cheddars and an orange Club until 8ish when I had to have a JB. Had another orange Club when I got home, I was eating my emotions by this stage. Hence the 11.4 at bedtime. I don’t know what’s happening next, Mr Eggy’s phone has hardly any charge so he’s knocked it off until he has news, hopefully sooner rather then later. I’m doing my best to remain positive and he’s in the right place to get sorted, it’s just brought back memories of 2017/18 which was a terrible time for us all. Thanks for getting this far.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning this cold, overcast, wet morning.

BG 5.0

Walk yesterday (over 3 hours) has residual effects - my legs hurt a bit.

Today lots of keyboard practice, probably no walk if it continues to be wet.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Maybe a lightweight suit for both.with black tie for stone setting and maybe purple for weeding.
Absolutely no suits for the wedding. It’s village fete themed. Groom is wearing shirt and chinos. Bride is in bejewelled crocs!

And we don’t do the black clothing thing for anything funereal at all at Jewish death related stuff. Unless it’s entirely coincidental.

It’s just been years since I’ve had to wear trousers for anything as I live in jeans and shorts.

No intention of weeding today either!

@eggyg Hope they can sort Bri out soon and you have him back home pronto.

Obviously you’re going to go see him today so take him a bag of various charging cables etc. Even if they’re not all for his phone/iPad/Kindle etc someone, even a visitor, will be very grateful for them I’m sure.

Take him one of his cameras and he can take on my Medical Photo of the Day challenge as well if he’s up to it.

And if there’s anything I can do to help, if you want a chat, to vent etc then I’m here.

@eggyg Hope they can sort Bri out soon and you have him back home pronto.

Obviously you’re going to go see him today so take him a bag of various charging cables etc. Even if they’re not all for his phone/iPad/Kindle etc someone, even a visitor, will be very grateful for them I’m sure.

Take him one of his cameras and he can take on my Medical Photo of the Day challenge as well if he’s up to it.

And if there’s anything I can do to help, if you want a chat, to vent etc then I’m here.
Thanks Colin. Appreciate that. He’s just been in touch. They left him in A&E all night. He’s not had much sleep! Doctor says he may go for an angiogram but the final decision will go to the cardio team when they finally get out their beds!
Oh, and I won’t be taking his camera, I’ve a bad back! They weight a ton!

Morning all, 6.1 at 6am when I had a rude awakening by some thunder and a torrential rain shower. Neither lasted long, and I got back to sleep, but I was 7.3 when I woke up again at 7.30.
Sorry you and Mr.Eggy are having a bad time, @eggyg , I hope he gets some answers and some sleep, and you get him returned to you safe and sound.

Morning 7.3 for me after a lovely late dinner at a marina with a friend. My first fish and chips since diagnosis (been putting it off).
Need a walk today and pack for a weekend with friends to celebrate his birthday
Take care all

A round 6 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Motning all. A surprising 10 after struggling to keep levels up yesterday. I was woken earlier by thunder and heavy rain and its forecast to be the same throughout the day, albeit with high temperatures still. I'm off to see a friend for coffee this morning, then i need to tackle the growing basket of ironing i've been putting off.

@eggyg what a worrying time for you. I hope Mr Eggy will be sorted out and home with you soon.

@ColinUK good luck with the shopping. I tried to find some new shorts the other day. All i saw was sales racks of rubbish. I gave up. Hopefully where you live, there will be more choice.

Morning all - back from Harris now and thank goodness my TIR is gradually creeping up again. It's amazing the difference working in the garden and walking around our Cumbrian Longhouse has on my BG. Off to the boat next week for two weeks so it will plummet again as very hard to move much on there, but we will get off in different places. @eggyg so sorry to hear about your worrying day yesterday and I hope Brian is sorted and home with you again soon - apart from anything for the garden! Glad you've got your girls all close xxxxx

Motning all. A surprising 10 after struggling to keep levels up yesterday. I was woken earlier by thunder and heavy rain and its forecast to be the same throughout the day, albeit with high temperatures still. I'm off to see a friend for coffee this morning, then i need to tackle the growing basket of ironing i've been putting off.

@eggyg what a worrying time for you. I hope Mr Eggy will be sorted out and home with you soon.

@ColinUK good luck with the shopping. I tried to find some new shorts the other day. All i saw was sales racks of rubbish. I gave up. Hopefully where you live, there will be more choice.
Just had these delivered. And they’re lovely so I’m ordering more in different colours.

Which I’ll probably send back to M&S when I’ve gotten them and changed my mind

They’re in a really subtle pink that’s nowhere near as pink as the pic suggests. And they’ve got some stretch in them.
IMG_1571.jpeg

Shoes I’ve got but a lovely oversized linen shirt would be ideal for the wedding maybe.

In fact I have almost identical suede loafers.

Just had these delivered. And they’re lovely so I’m ordering more in different colours.

Which I’ll probably send back to M&S when I’ve gotten them and changed my mind

They’re in a really subtle pink that’s nowhere near as pink as the pic suggests. And they’ve got some stretch in them.
View attachment 31094

Shoes I’ve got but a lovely oversized linen shirt would be ideal for the wedding maybe.

In fact I have almost identical suede loafers.
Very nice. Smart yet casual.

Very nice. Smart yet casual.
The other pair they delivered are going back as I was a touch over confident with waist size but this pair fit beautifully.

No blue sky and sunshine this morning. It's rather cool and grey and we've already had a short shower. More rain later if the forecast is to be believed, with some thunder thrown in for good measure. Welcome to August! 5.9 when I tested this morning.

Our eldest's girlfriend is safely back at her flat in London and her flatmates were pleased to see her. Now keeping our fingers crossed that she'll have recovered enough to come with us for our Bank Holiday week in Cornwall.

Thursday, so my usual swim later. Schools are out so there'll be no waiting for swimming classes to finish before we're allowed into the pool.

@eggyg sorry to hear about Mr Eggy. Hopefully everything will be sorted today and he'll be discharged.

Whatever your plans have a good day.

Morning all. 4.5! Considering at 11.30 last night I was 11.4 arrow up! But there’s a tale to tell, are you sitting comfortably.

As you know I was at the osteopath yesterday, my sacrum is still in its rightful place, so acupuncture and some prettty hardcore manipulation. Ouch! But honestly it felt great, a lot looser and I could stand up straight for the first time in two weeks. Life suddenly felt good. Mr Eggy decided he’d send an E-consult as he is having another bout of vertigo and also on Monday evening he had very heavy arms, especially his right and, in his words a fizzy head. This was about 8pm when he’d been out in the garden almost all day. He said it was just momentarily, he took his BP and it was fine, I told him to take two aspirins and go to bed, this was after I asked if he wanted me to take him to A&E to which he replied, no I’m fine. I did wonder if it was a TIA. He was absolutely fine when he got up. He related all this in the e-consult. I kid you not, they rang him within two minutes, go to A&E, NOW! We had our lunch first and then went. Arrived at 1ish, quite busy for a Wednesday afternoon. Triage, bloods and an ECG a were performed by 3ish, not bad going, they came back ok, but there was concern that his BP was very different in each arm which could signify a tear in the aorta. CT scan by 4. One hour for results the doc said. 8.30 when the doc arrived, apologised for the wait but they needed to speak to The Freeman Hospital, where he had his last procedure in 2018 and also let our local cardiologists look at the results. No tear in the aorta which we were relieved about. Long story short they’ve found occlusions ( blockages in the arteries) now these might be old ones, he’s had six heart attacks, a quad bypass which failed after 10 years, and about a mile of stents! His most recent procedure was an ablation which blasted through his blocked arteries and and got a couple of them working again. Obviously they didn’t get all four cleared so these are possibly what they can see. Anyways, he’s still there in hospital. They want to keep an eye on him and see a cardiologist this morning to make a plan. They are concerned as none of his HAs were atypical, symptom wise that is, and they aren’t taking any chances. I got home at 10.15, messaged the girls, brought in two lines of washing, the garden seat cushions, I’ve left the seats out, didn’t want to do my back in even more, and watered the greenhouse, all in the dark! The hospital gave us a sandwich at 9.30, I’d survived on a bag of Cheddars and an orange Club until 8ish when I had to have a JB. Had another orange Club when I got home, I was eating my emotions by this stage. Hence the 11.4 at bedtime. I don’t know what’s happening next, Mr Eggy’s phone has hardly any charge so he’s knocked it off until he has news, hopefully sooner rather then later. I’m doing my best to remain positive and he’s in the right place to get sorted, it’s just brought back memories of 2017/18 which was a terrible time for us all. Thanks for getting this far.

Have a great day.
So sorry you are having such a worrying time @eggyg . Best wishes to Mr Eggyg for a quick and lasting recovery. We are, I am sure, all thinking of you and sending positive waves into the ether.

Back