Group 7-day waking average?

A very early good morning. 7.1 at 4.45am! Hot, sticky, back aching, RLS and starving, apart from that I’m absolutely spiffing! As we have got rid, errr I mean, as the grandchildren have now left the building, I can have a nana nap later.

Yesterday was a hot day for walking to, and around and back, a summer gala. 4.5 miles total walked. Queues for everything, rides, ice creams, face painting etc. I spent £48 in less than two hours! And in spite of having a ice cream as my BGs were down to 4.4, I still was heading down on the hot walk home, 4.2, the ice cream never touched it. Jelly baby stop required. I only wanted to have one but Mr Eggy panics and insisted I had two. So reluctantly I did. An hour later I was hitting 13! How, what, why! The worst thing was, I checked on my meter, I was 2 mmol higher! Anyhoo, on the whole we had a good day even if I forked out £16 for two helium filled unicorn balloon and one is currently residing in my neighbour’s poplar tree! Ooops! One upset 6 year old who’d been so careful when walking home that it didn’t catch on any prickly bushes. Goes out into our garden on our return, and a gust of wind just snapped the ribbon and up it went! I was upset too, I’d just paid eight quid for that! 😳

Today I’ll be mostly doing a big fat nowt! TBF I can’t afford to, it’s been a very expensive weekend. But everyone’s had a great time.

Have a Happy Monday y’all.

Sadie’s balloon in happier times. And now in a very, very tall poplar tree! No ladder is going to get that high!
You have reminded me of a sad occasion of attending the funeral of a child who took his own life and his class mates all had balloons to let go outside but a few let them go early and they shot up to the high roof in the crem, not sure how on earth they would get them down in time for the next funeral.
It brings tears to my eyes even now thinking of it.

You have reminded me of a sad occasion of attending the funeral of a child who took his own life and his class mates all had balloons to let go outside but a few let them go early and they shot up to the high roof in the crem, not sure how on earth they would get them down in time for the next funeral.
It brings tears to my eyes even now thinking of it.
I dunno whether to laugh or cry at that one but it’s tickled my funny bone!

I’m reminded of a family funeral that saw the rabbi slip down the muddy graveside into the grave on top of the coffin and then get joined by two others who tried to haul him out. Now that was funny!

4.9 early this morning. Not much planned - another warm day, I reckon.

Good morning 5.6 today

Congrats on the HS @harbottle

I had my eye clinic appointment late yesterday afternoon the scan showed that I’ve still got a swelling in my right eye, my left eye was looking OK, in-fact I’ve not had any injections to my left eye for almost a year now, but yesterday a further injection of a different medication
I saw a different DR my next appointment hopefully in a months time I see the same DR as before

hope that all makes sense I’m editing that looking through a big floater
looks like today I’ve a blueberry floating around in my vision
following yesterdays procedure I have a massive floater in my right eye I’ve had similar before but they go away

didn’t get a good sleep last night although in the early hours at about 3 am when I couldn’t sleep my BS was 5.2

I Just looked it’s actually afternoon now
good job I just got up and had some Brunch / took my meds

TC everyone 😎

Last edited:
reminded of a family funeral that saw the rabbi slip down the muddy graveside into the grave on top of the coffin and then get joined by two others who tried to haul him out. Now that was funny!
That reminds me of a funeral we went to and mum tripped over the ropes holding the coffin. She was caught but was held hanging face down into the grave until they could pull her back. She said she felt like she was staring death in the face. To this day she says she was pushed rather than tripped.

I am reminded of a customer at my shop, a retired undertaker who assisted another undertaker when needed. At a recent funeral he looked into the grave to to check that a coffin had been correctly placed when his mobile phone slipped from his waistcoat pocket and fell into the grave. Fortunately it fell down the side of the coffin and could not be seen. He thought he had got away with it and would be able to retrieve it before the grave was filled, but then the phone started ringing......

Afternoon all 5.5 today think I've kicked the bug into touch at last it's far to hot to do anything so it's a lazy day for me hubby gone to the gym but I decided to give it a few more days before I go back have a good one everyone

Just returned with other half after his second cataract op, far worse than the first one, took twice as long and more uncomfortable. Steroid drops 6 times a day for a week plus antibiotic ones which he didn't need before. Much more onerous on not doing various things but that may just be overkill.
He reckons if this had been the first one he would have thought twice about the second.

Morning folks. 6.1 and it’s a lovely fresh morning. Currently only 9c but forecast good.

Back still very painful but osteopath at 9.30, I fully expect my sacrum to be out of kilter again. Hopefully he can sort it in just a couple of sessions. It’s very frustrating. I’ve just put a load of washing on and Mr Eggy will have to hang it out, and I just know he’ll have socks interspersed with tee shirts and jeans! And won’t hang it up in size order. I know, I know, I should be grateful but….🙄 .Thats why I need my back sorted ASAP before I do him harm!😉

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Morning, 5.7 today. I did ask at my pre- pregnancy appointment on Monday if higher morning readings would be ok if HbA1c remains OK, they said they will monitor if I do get pregnant but may tighten up but didn't want to increase metformin at present. BP was 110/75 which I'm very happy with as it has occasionally been higher over the past year or two, it was always 110/60 in my 20s (except when pregnant when it crept up to 130/70 ish).

I was told in team huddle yesterday that a new "colleague" (based in the same office but not in my team) was best friends from school with the mum of one of the little girls who were killed in Southport :(

Not very happy with the news from last night either, bloody EDL using anything as an excuse to kick up racial hatred

Morning all. 5.8. Its going to be so hot today. I need to take mum to sort out her hearing aids so going to pick her up early and hopefully get back before the temperature rises too much. I like the warmth but this is a bit too hot for me.

@eggyg good luck this morning. I hope they get it sorted, for Mr Eggy's sake. I fully understand the need to hang the washing out properly!

Have a nice day everyone and be careful in the heat.

Morning all. 6.5 here.

Did ALL the packing for our trip to Spain yesterday: ticketsETC, diabetes, dog, technology, clothes, bag for the ferry...no wonder it took all day!

Weird one yesterday evening. Everyone on the estate had their windows open because it’s so hot. My (usually good) neighbour decided to light a very smoky bonfire in his tiny garden - you could hear windows snapping shut all over the estate...what a daft thing to do on a lovely evening! A severe brain fart, methinks.

I hope the osteopath sorts you out this morning @eggyg.

Last edited:
Morning a 7.1 for me but another steady line after going to bed at a rising into 9s as had to take on some carbs just to keep my levels up as picked up son from work after a late shift.
Am due to go to Southport today and decided simply to take some chocs/ sweets and simply leave them with my calls as a tiny gesture to “ lighten” the general mood.
Really can’t think of the words to describe how I will phrase it but simply want to show support and appreciation for the strong community there which must be so sad with the recent events.
Anyway hope everyone has a nice day and take care

Good morning 5.8 on waking today

hope your osteopath appointment helps sort your back out @eggyg

Have a wonderful Wednesday all 😎

Back