Group 7-day waking average?

A 6.1 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Gym done. Plus Pilates.

Physio did discharge me but not sure if I mentioned that already.

I don't understand it! A 6.6 this morning after a run of sevens all last week! To top it all, had a church lunch of fish n chips too!
Perhaps the nerves took over as I led (for the first time) our local ukulele group last night... Phew!
A calmer day today of grandson entertainment!
Blessings, Snowwy

forgot to mention when I posted
the big floater that appeared following eye injection on Monday finally went away early evening yesterday
plus my trial freestyle libre arrived and was installed on arm yesterday evening

5.1 on another bright & sunny Berkshire morning so looks like we're in for another scorcher. Weather warning for thunderstorms tomorrow (wouldn't you know it) but I'll believe it when it happens. We've had more than one thunderstorm forecast so far this year and not a single one.

Our eldest's girlfriend feels mobile enough to go back to her place today so they're getting a train to London after work to see how she manages. She's in a shared flat so she won't be on her own. Her family are due back from their holiday this weekend so she may decide to head home to Leeds to recuperate.

Sainsbury's and Waitrose later, Gail's to pick up my Wednesday sweet treat and then a bit of garden maintenance if it's not too hot.

Still no sign of our youngest's new driving licence, so he'll be driving under Section 88 if it doesn't arrive today.

Have a good day, all. August tomorrow, where's the year gone?

Gym done. Plus Pilates.

Physio did discharge me but not sure if I mentioned that already.
Well done @ColinUK having already done the Gym & Pilates before 9am

Not very happy with the news from last night either, bloody EDL using anything as an excuse to kick up racial hatred

It seems that nearly every year when we have have few uncomfortably warm nights thickos cause issues. I recall some years ago when a south coast pediatrician was beaten up when the mob thought it meant paedophile!

I doubt anyone will ever fully understand what was going on in that young man's head. There can be no rhyme or reason - he is an utter lunatic!

Morning all and 7.2 for me. Basal tweaking I'm progress. Seem to be heading the right way.

Rehearsal this evening in Thornton Le Dale which is a 2 hour drive for me. Hopefully we can nail the songs in one session.

Have a good day everyone.

Just returned with other half after his second cataract op, far worse than the first one, took twice as long and more uncomfortable. Steroid drops 6 times a day for a week plus antibiotic ones which he didn't need before. Much more onerous on not doing various things but that may just be overkill.
He reckons if this had been the first one he would have thought twice about the second.
My two experiences (in the same place) were very different too. The first one felt like a bit of a conveyor belt, I was told that they had already done 26 people that day. I was there nearly 3 hours, most of it sitting around waiting. The second felt more leisurely - I had more anaesthetic drops in my eye (because this surgeon prefers it). The process seemed to take longer, but I was there only in total 1.5 hours. On the second occasion I had more onerous restrictions placed on me such as no cooking for 6 weeks, no ironing etc. as opposed to just not bending and not lifting heavy objects. I have to put eye drops in for longer. I am only just over a week away from the second operation and it feels fine, whereas the first (done on 30 May) has left me with huge floaters.

5.1 this morning. Didn’t sleep super well, and a tad headachy today so might up the hydration a bit more and try to keep out of the sun a little, just in case that’s the issue.

Morning all and 7.2 for me. Basal tweaking I'm progress. Seem to be heading the right way.

Rehearsal this evening in Thornton Le Dale which is a 2 hour drive for me. Hopefully we can nail the songs in one session.

Have a good day everyone.

If you get there early check out Mathewson's Classic Cars - they usually have some interesting vehicles but the old boy who runs it is BORING! (Yawn emoji)

Morning - going to be another hot one methinks, but there is light overcast in patches.

7.7 this morning.

Haven't posted for a couple of days as it's been somewhat frantic in these quarters! On Monday afternoon I received training on the hybrid closed link using Omnipod 5 and Libre2+. It took place over 2.5 hours online in a Teams meeting with 10 patients, a trainer from Omnipod and my pump DSN. It was very intensive indeed! At the end of it we were all on HCL. One of the messages repeated over and over, was "don't interfere with it, trust it". Anyway, I was fine overnight and in a bit of a rush yesterday as I was spending the day with a friend and we had lunch at a nice place in one of the large parks in the centre of town. Afterwards we walked to the other park and sat by the fountain gossiping. Unfortunately the high BG alarm, which is not very loud, but nevertheless irritating, went off every 5 minutes and I spent the afternoon in the high teens. Fortunately I had a couple of ketone strips on me and I only had 0.1, so wasn't too worried. I really did take the "trust it" advice on board so I left it. Well, that was a mistake.... what I had somehow missed was the fact that the first 3 pods are learning pods and you need to keep correcting! Eventually, when I could stand it no longer I did a correction and phew! It came down quite quickly. Got home and attempted, twice, to phone omnipod as it was gone 5pm and I knew I couldn't get hold of anyone at the clinic. Omnipod support staff all seem to have English as a second language and I find them really hard to understand, but anyway, twice I got cut off. I gave up and emailed my DSN. She came back to me first thing this morning with the "learning pod" advice and to continue to correct! I'm now correcting every few minutes... on top of the Cataract Op which was barely more than a week ago and pleased as I am to have HCL, it's all a bit much!

So, @eggyg you are probably home from your appointment. I hope it's done your back good and you are feeling a bit better.

Have a good one all...

Good afternoon everyone, much earlier this morning it was a 4.8 for me.

Was a 8.5 for me this morning.Gone from been 95% in range for weeks , Between 4 and 8 .Now 86.% in range with quite a few 13s popping up.Might be going down with something as I seem permanently tired . Slept all yesterday afternoon.thats not me .See if these B1 tablet s along with all the other vitamins I'm taking .See what it's like by weekend.Then gonna have to get an appointment for doctor.Get some bloods done .Must be with turning 60 in n march Congratulations to @ pam123 on your Hs Have a good day folks and stay safe

My two experiences (in the same place) were very different too. The first one felt like a bit of a conveyor belt, I was told that they had already done 26 people that day. I was there nearly 3 hours, most of it sitting around waiting. The second felt more leisurely - I had more anaesthetic drops in my eye (because this surgeon prefers it). The process seemed to take longer, but I was there only in total 1.5 hours. On the second occasion I had more onerous restrictions placed on me such as no cooking for 6 weeks, no ironing etc. as opposed to just not bending and not lifting heavy objects. I have to put eye drops in for longer. I am only just over a week away from the second operation and it feels fine, whereas the first (done on 30 May) has left me with huge floaters.
That is reassuring that it feels fine now, he was really concerned this morning as when he took the gauze and eye shield off he could see nothing much and the eye was quite bloodshot, he gave them a ring and they said it should settle with the drops and it was likely a bit of ocular oedema. He is less panicky now. The surgeon was less experienced that the first time and was being supervised through it.0

Good morning everyone

Looks like it's going to be a scorcher today.

BG 5.4 at 5am

Today, possibly a longer walk, other than that not much planned.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Whoops forgot to actually post.

It is now nearly 4pm. We had a long walk 3 hours 22 minutes to be exact. Rather hot but a reasonable cool breeze.

man-crawling-on-all-fours-alone-in-the-desert-BMAF000131.jpg

Have a great, what's left of the day, whatever you are doing

Morning, 5.7 today. I did ask at my pre- pregnancy appointment on Monday if higher morning readings would be ok if HbA1c remains OK, they said they will monitor if I do get pregnant but may tighten up but didn't want to increase metformin at present. BP was 110/75 which I'm very happy with as it has occasionally been higher over the past year or two, it was always 110/60 in my 20s (except when pregnant when it crept up to 130/70 ish).

I was told in team huddle yesterday that a new "colleague" (based in the same office but not in my team) was best friends from school with the mum of one of the little girls who were killed in Southport :(

Not very happy with the news from last night either, bloody EDL using anything as an excuse to kick up racial hatred
Just got back home from being in Southport today and on my way out I passed by the wall of flowers which brought a tear to my eye and know the local community has been deeply affected.
Decided to stop at Scarisbrick Marina on way home just to reflect on events of last two days and the tranquil setting was in complete contrast to the horrors of Monday.
Take care all

Hi it was 9. Something this morning finished on the restart scheme Monday which was relief because I really didn't get on with it I know of quite a few others that had a similar experience as well

3.8 this morning which surprised me somewhat, as my DSN tweaked my basal about two weeks back.
I have a face-to-face appointment with my DSN in the morning, hoping to clarify a couple of anomalies.

Back