Group 7-day waking average?

I have half a fridge full of courgettes. HELP. Too hot for soup.
Courgette strips instead of pasta (no need for a spiraliser - just use a veg peeler). Roast for ersatz chips. Cook with some cinnamon, lemon juice, and sweetener of choice for faux apple crumble filling. Grate into *everything*.

Or send ‘em my way. ;-) The ones I got when out today were depressingly anemic.

I like them sliced in half lengthways, sprinkled with a drop of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and lots of parmesan then in the oven for 30 mins. You need to raise them on a tray though as they can go a bit soggy else. Nice with steak, gammon, sausages, well anything really.

Morning a 7.5 for me and another flat line so my basal is still fine just need to get back to being more disciplined and routine at night just to fine tune BG but happy enough with balance.
Another nice day yesterday and found tine for a lovely lunch at an old fashioned Tea Room and fitted in perfectly for my appointments.
Out and about on a Friday which is unusual but nothing too taxing so will enjoy Pizza tonight and a normal w/ end so hope you all have a good one.

Good morning. 6.8 today and I've decided to write down my morning numbers + what I had for dinner the night before and see if it makes any difference. Last night I had Greek yogurt with a little honey and cinnamon.

Have a great day everyone 🙂

I don’t care if it’s too hot for soup, I’m making courgette and stinky Brie soup today for lunch! I’ve another three coming I noticed last night. I made courgette pakoras last week to have as a starter for a curry. They are delicious. Grated courgettes and red onion, spices of your choice, I used fresh chilli plus cumin and coriander. Mix with gram flour, at a push you could use plain flour but gram flour is less carby. Squeeze out the juice first before adding flour. Scoop out a tablespoon full and add to very hot veg oil, 2/3 minutes each side. Serve with a yoghurt dressing.

Morning all, 6.1 here.
Talking of courgettes, mine got off to a late start because I was on holiday when I should have been sowing them, so only just getting my first ones. Cousin gave me a pack of four different types. Now I could have sworn I sowed the regular sort, but my first ones are spherical! Checked the opened packet, and yes, I did sow that sort!

Morning good folks. 5.9 today.

Firstly, thanks for all your good wishes yesterday. I got t’old man home last night at 8pm and he’s absolutely fine, albeit shattered. He spent all night and all yesterday morning in A&E waiting to see a cardiologist. I got there at 11, no sign of any doctor yet. He had lunch at 12, I snacked on crap which I’ve done for two days, then they took him to a ward, not the heart centre but a general emergency admission ward. A consultant will be with you soon, this was 12,45. He was in a room of his own so I could stay with him. By 2.30 no one had been, apart from a nurse doing obs asking 20 questions like how heavy are you and how tall, do you have a phone and charger, any cash, any cards, any medication ( which she promptly took of us and locked away) any present scars or injuries! Gave us loads of leaflets and left, so I went to the nurses station where three of them were sat doing nowt. When will someone from cardio come and see my husband? I’ll find out she said and wandered off. The ward consultant will come round when he’s doing his rounds and he’ll decided if you need to see a cardio consultant tomorrow! I flipped. I calmly told her he was told he had to stay in LAST night to see a á cardiologist THIS MORNING! He’s tired, he’s had little or no sleep in A&E and he needs to see someone about his heart problems. 3.30 a cardio consultant walked in with a junior doctor. The CT scan was fine, the blockages, as we suspected, were the same as six years when he had his ablation. He needed to do one more blood test which should have been repeated 6 to 12 hours after the one he had in A&E 24 hours previously. This can tell if he’d had a heart attack, the computer said no on Wednesday afternoon and he’d been on a heart monitor all night and I’m sure someone might have noticed if he’d had one overnight! If it was clear he said he could go home, a possible cause for his “episode” was dehydration, he’d been busy in the garden it was hot and his blood had thickened, he has very bad circulation and so the blood couldn’t travel around so quickly making his heart work really hard and the oxygen not getting to his muscles, hence the heavy arms. It makes complete sense. Anyhoo, junior doctor comes and takes bloods at3 .45. An hour for results. And we believed them! More fool us. Mr Eggy was offered a meal at 5pm, no thanks I’m going home soon. 6.15 I wandered to the nurses station asking about the results, the doctor will come round he’s doing his rounds, about half an hour. 7.30 Mr Eggy now fully dressed and us both starving, he had an apple I had yet another orange club, that was my lunch too, went to the nurses station. I’ll find out said the junior nurse. The day doctors have gone home and haven’t passed on the information to the on call doctor he’s going to have to look through the paperwork! Right I said, we’re going home, send us an email, and someone please remove my husband’s cannula. A nurse arrived after that, your results are fine you can go home we’ll send the discharge letter to you. Why couldn’t they have told us that hours ago? There’s no damn paperwork these days, it’s all there at the click of a mouse! A junior nurse came to remove the canula, very painful. Before we’d left the hospital Mr Eggy’s wound was pouring with thick and very black blood, all over my linen shirt! He nipped to loo for some paper towels and I drove home him was his arm above his head. Finally stopped as we got home. And all this time I was in agony with my back, I could have cried at this point. The house was a tip as I’d left in a hurry, got tea on, spag Bol already prepped for Wednesday night.I really could have done with a very large glass of Sauvignon Blanc but alas none in the house. I’m glad the the GP and A&E took it all serious and done every test available but it’s so disjointed. Mr Eggy was blocking a bed for two days when there were people on drips sitting on chairs in A&E. The good news is that the meds he is on and the fact I look after him so well, plus his never ending positive attitude and fitness are working well, yes, he’s only firing on two cylinders, as he puts it, but he’s making use of the one artery that is fully working and the other one that is 50% working. He lives to see another day, and what a beautiful day it is too.

Of course you’ll all be expecting us to have a quiet day, quiet days are for wimps! We’ve got 11 and 6 year olds coming at 9.30, Eden coming with mummy for lunch. Then I’m taking two big ones to the circus at 3pm. Similar day to the last two days I’ve just spent, but with fewer clowns!

Have a fabulous Friday.

Firstly, thanks for all your good wishes yesterday. I got t’old man home last night at 8pm and he’s absolutely fine, albeit shattered. He spent all night and all yesterday morning in A&E waiting to see a cardiologist. I got there at 11, no sign of any doctor yet. He had lunch at 12, I snacked on crap which I’ve done for two days, then they took him to a ward, not the heart centre but a general emergency admission ward. A consultant will be with you soon, this was 12,45. He was in a room of his own so I could stay with him. By 2.30 no one had been, apart from a nurse doing obs asking 20 questions like how heavy are you and how tall, do you have a phone and charger, any cash, any cards, any medication ( which she promptly took of us and locked away) any present scars or injuries! Gave us loads of leaflets and left, so I went to the nurses station where three of them were sat doing nowt. When will someone from cardio come and see my husband? I’ll find out she said and wandered off. The ward consultant will come round when he’s doing his rounds and he’ll decided if you need to see a cardio consultant tomorrow! I flipped. I calmly told her he was told he had to stay in LAST night to see a á cardiologist THIS MORNING! He’s tired, he’s had little or no sleep in A&E and he needs to see someone about his heart problems. 3.30 a cardio consultant walked in with a junior doctor. The CT scan was fine, the blockages, as we suspected, were the same as six years when he had his ablation. He needed to do one more blood test which should have been repeated 6 to 12 hours after the one he had in A&E 24 hours previously. This can tell if he’d had a heart attack, the computer said no on Wednesday afternoon and he’d been on a heart monitor all night and I’m sure someone might have noticed if he’d had one overnight! If it was clear he said he could go home, a possible cause for his “episode” was dehydration, he’d been busy in the garden it was hot and his blood had thickened, he has very bad circulation and so the blood couldn’t travel around so quickly making his heart work really hard and the oxygen not getting to his muscles, hence the heavy arms. It makes complete sense. Anyhoo, junior doctor comes and takes bloods at3 .45. An hour for results. And we believed them! More fool us. Mr Eggy was offered a meal at 5pm, no thanks I’m going home soon. 6.15 I wandered to the nurses station asking about the results, the doctor will come round he’s doing his rounds, about half an hour. 7.30 Mr Eggy now fully dressed and us both starving, he had an apple I had yet another orange club, that was my lunch too, went to the nurses station. I’ll find out said the junior nurse. The day doctors have gone home and haven’t passed on the information to the on call doctor he’s going to have to look through the paperwork! Right I said, we’re going home, send us an email, and someone please remove my husband’s cannula. A nurse arrived after that, your results are fine you can go home we’ll send the discharge letter to you. Why couldn’t they have told us that hours ago? There’s no damn paperwork these days, it’s all there at the click of a mouse! A junior nurse came to remove the canula, very painful. Before we’d left the hospital Mr Eggy’s wound was pouring with thick and very black blood, all over my linen shirt! He nipped to loo for some paper towels and I drove home him was his arm above his head. Finally stopped as we got home. And all this time I was in agony with my back, I could have cried at this point. The house was a tip as I’d left in a hurry, got tea on, spag Bol already prepped for Wednesday night.I really could have done with a very large glass of Sauvignon Blanc but alas none in the house. I’m glad the the GP and A&E took it all serious and done every test available but it’s so disjointed. Mr Eggy was blocking a bed for two days when there were people on drips sitting on chairs in A&E. The good news is that the meds he is on and the fact I look after him so well, plus his never ending positive attitude and fitness are working well, yes, he’s only firing on two cylinders, as he puts it, but he’s making use of the one artery that is fully working and the other one that is 50% working. He lives to see another day, and what a beautiful day it is too.

Of course you’ll all be expecting us to have a quiet day, quiet days are for wimps! We’ve got 11 and 6 year olds coming at 9.30, Eden coming with mummy for lunch. Then I’m taking two big ones to the circus at 3pm. Similar day to the last two days I’ve just spent, but with fewer clowns!

Have a fabulous Friday.
Eggy do give all of the forums best wishes for you and your hubby as sounds like you have really been through the mill the last 2 days and so pleased you are now back home where you both deserve some R and R.
Have as best a w/ end you can and Mr eggs positivity and your enduring patience and support deserve sainthood.

Morning all. 5.3. One load of washing on the line and one washing now. Off to have hair cut and coloured this morning then sorting clothes ready to pack this afternoon. Its going to be another hot one, though at the moment i have my back door open and a lovely cool breeze drifting through.

Have a fabulous Friday.
@eggyg Well done you for standing up. The NHS is good but nobody seems to know what anyone else is doing! You would have thought it would be easier with technology as everything is there at the click of a button. I'm so glad Mr Eggy is back home with you. Take care with your back.

You said the nurses had nothing to do. That was also what i saw on one ward when mum was last in. Three nurses all standing around chatting and using mobiles while complaining they had nothing to do. I looked around the ward and 4 out of the 6 beds were unmade and mum said they'd been like it all day! I was told that mum was ready to leave but i had to bring home a piece of equipment and fit it myself. When i said i wasn't sure i was told that to get someone out to fit it would mean mum in hospital for another 4 days! The ward was awful, staff were abrupt, i managed to squeeze the equipment into my tiny car and managed to fit it myself. No way was mum staying there for longer and surely they would have needed the bed.

Morning! Another 8.2 ☹ Well what a downpour last night. I was out and at one point we had hailstones... on 1st August

Good moaning! A dreadful 11.9! After yesterday evening's 13.4 I only had a late small bite. I then woke about 1:00 at 3.6, had a2 x JB and as it was stubborn a small piece of toast. However, in my fitful sleep it crept up again.

Hope the rain actually comes - yesterday's showers have only made it more humid! :(

@eggyg glad to hear you got Mr Eggyg home again. Take care both of you.
A 6.2 for me this morning after a restless and muggy night. 🙄

Dez

5.8 this morning, which has dawned cool, grey and misty. Couldn't even see the tops of the trees in the woods behind us first thing. Weekly BP check 121/74, so a toe over the line into that zone known as High Normal.

Forecast was right yesterday - we did get our thunderstorm, and boy did it rain. My wife drove home from work through it, the worst driving conditions she's ever experienced she said. I started counting after the first flash of lightning, and I'd only made it to 1 before there was an almighty bang right above the house.

As usual on a Friday it's Sainsbury's (will miss that discount now that our youngest has handed in his notice), Waitrose and a trip out to the garden centre greengrocer. Also need to visit the company that's quoted us for fitted wardrobes as the description on their invoice doesn't match the design images they sent us, so we need to know which is wrong.

@eggyg glad Mr Eggy is home and OK but shame you had to go through all that at the hospital.

Enjoy Poet's Day, although with so many WFH that expression is probably mostly redundant now.

And the joys of a summer head cold.

Back