Group 7-day waking average?

My neighbour reminded me that St Swithin's is only 4 days away.
Time to change lancets then. :D
'Twas 5.3 for me this morning.

Dez

Morning

Cataract surgery went well, although all the drops before hand were stinging this time, and although no pain during the op, eye was stinging as soon as it was finished. Very watery this morning and bloodshot, but both are perfectly normal, I have a fair bit of vision in the eye. Ate particularly badly yesterday so was surprised by a 6.2 this morning.

@ColinUK - wow that was a good service yesterday, but not so good today waiting for appointments to get the dressing changed. As you are starting running again, any chance I will see you at some events next year? There are some 10ks in London if you don’t want to do 1/2 marathon. I am doing the London Landmarks again in April.

I also watched the Sewing Bee rather than the football. Although a few years ago after watching the sewing bee I invested in an over locker, I already had a sewing machine, apart from looking at it, the over locker has never been out of its box.

It's a beautiful, sunny morning here in leafy Berkshire with lots of blue sky and the forecast for temperatures to hit the low 70s. Might even be able to uncover the garden furniture for the first time in days. Not like this everywhere though, judging by some of the other posts. 5.6 for me this morning.

Left my sharps bin outside last night and it was gone this morning and there was a nice, new one in its place. New one's half the size, too. Good to see that our Council are on the ball.

Thursday, so swim later as usual and the ironing basket is crying out for attention. Will most likely set up the ironing board in front of the tv and watch the tennis at the same time.

Have a good day, if your weather allows.

5.3 this morning. So much email and module planning to do, but working from home as I’m waiting on an electrician to come and fix my bathroom extractor fan. Might have a little walk before dinner if the electrician is early and the weather holds (humid but not too hot).

Good morning everyone, 5.3 today for me (same as yesterday) - pleased with that!

Spent most of yesterday helping make (my wife did all the tricky sewing stuff) a new roman blind for the bathroom. We ended up cutting the chain too short and had to rush out at 6pm to get a new one to replace in the header cassette. Luckily managed it and now have everything completed - apart from a new ceiling light fitting which I’m wimping out and getting an electrician to do next week for us.

@PattiEvans - so far so good with the antibiotics, and the UTI seems to be clearing.

@ColinUK - fantastic service, glad it’s all sorted for you, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Take care everyone! Rest day for us today (of sorts) before volunteering at Hatton Locks tomorrow.

Morning all, it was another lowly 4.4 for me this overcast morning.

And now, if the rain holds off, I'm going to start cutting my privet hedge again for the
second time this month.

have a good rest of the day folks.

@PattiEvans - so far so good with the antibiotics, and the UTI seems to be clearing.
I didn't get the side effects until after I had taken the las AB. I sincerely hope you don't get them, I'm still suffering, though the diarrhoea seems to be abating. Had I actually realised I'd have asked for something different!

Morning - some sunshine, some broken cloud - forecast like this most of the day, until 5pm when we shall just have the cloud for the rest of the day. Yesterday was very nice though.

8.1 this morning. No idea why, unless the side effects of the ABs are causing it. Hacked off because I'd just started dropping to normal figures.

Must do housework today. Nothing has been done since my cleaner left in May. Fortunately it's not a very dusty house. Might get all downstairs done before I am wiped out. Then leave upstairs until tomorrow. Used to take my cleaner 2 - 2.5 hours to do the whole house!!! If I have any energy left I will prepare chicken drumstick traybake for dinner.

@Grannylorraine wish you luck with the overlocker. I had one when I was doing curtains/soft furnishings professionally. It spent more time at the repairers than working and it was an absolute pig to re-thread.

@ColinUK good to hear you are getting things sorted and wishing you a smooth recovery.

Have a good day everyone.

9.3 this morning & 11.4 yesterday morning! My BG has gone bonkers since I was advised to knock my basal down to 7 in the evening dose, and 19 in the morning. I'm slowly nudging it back up. I didn't like the effect of it on my BG. It all came about as I was advised to change my basal due to excessive hypo's I had, a few days ago by a new DSN (I had never heard of combining diabetes and COPD before), still you live and learn. Yesterday, my BG never dropped below 11.4. They also never went above 17!
I've also come over being sick and, generally, nauseous and headachy for the past two days., this may have been a mitigating factor on my BG.

Last edited:
I didn't get the side effects until after I had taken the las AB. I sincerely hope you don't get them, I'm still suffering, though the diarrhoea seems to be abating. Had I actually realised I'd have asked for something different!
Have you tried taking a probiotic at the same time as your AB?
I take https://www.bio-kult.com/boosted/13412728.html when on ABx and for a few weeks post. Since doing so I’ve had zero digestive issues from the abx.

9.3 this morning & 11.4 yesterday morning! My BG has gone bonkers since I was advised to knock my basal down to 7 in the evening dose, and 19 in the morning. I'm slowly nudging it back up. I didn't like the effect of it on my BG. It all came about as I was advised to change my basal due to excessive hypo's I had, a few days ago by a new DSN (I had never heard of combining diabetes and COPD before), still you live and learn. Yesterday, my BG never dropped below 11.4. They also never went above 17!
I've also come over being sick and, generally, nauseous and headachy for the past two days., this may have been a mitigating factor on my BG.
Have you ever done a basal test? Also do
you have COPD?

Have you tried taking a probiotic at the same time as your AB?
I take https://www.bio-kult.com/boosted/13412728.html when on ABx and for a few weeks post. Since doing so I’ve had zero digestive issues from the abx.
To be honest I never thought, though you have mentioned it before. I was in too much pain to think straight at the time. I'll try to remember next time.

Morning

Cataract surgery went well, although all the drops before hand were stinging this time, and although no pain during the op, eye was stinging as soon as it was finished. Very watery this morning and bloodshot, but both are perfectly normal, I have a fair bit of vision in the eye. Ate particularly badly yesterday so was surprised by a 6.2 this morning.

@ColinUK - wow that was a good service yesterday, but not so good today waiting for appointments to get the dressing changed. As you are starting running again, any chance I will see you at some events next year? There are some 10ks in London if you don’t want to do 1/2 marathon. I am doing the London Landmarks again in April.

I also watched the Sewing Bee rather than the football. Although a few years ago after watching the sewing bee I invested in an over locker, I already had a sewing machine, apart from looking at it, the over locker has never been out of its box.
If you've not threaded one can I suggest when you change threads you attach it to the previous one and slowly pull it through. They are devilishly difficult otherwise 😱

Have you ever done a basal test? Also do
you have COPD?
Never done a basal test, although I have been reading up on the subject of late.
Yes, I've got COPD as a by-product of smoking 30-40 a day for just over 45 years.

Good morning! Slept soundly as was exhausted after a tough physio (only stopped when my left quads gave out) and a massive amount of waiting around (was out for over six hours for a physio session 25 minutes away). Sadly :( woke around 4:00 with Phantom Pain so waiting for the painkillers to hit the spot (a burning sensation where the top of my foot would be and a broken ankle). Despite that BG a reasonable 6.8!

A number of phone calls to make in the morning as nobody seems to answer phones on Friday afternoon! :(

Overcast as is the norm this year!

Morning a 7.1 for me but a flat fish overnight after going to bed on a 7.and a good nights sleep.
Nice day in Oswestry yesterday and Friday is now officially WFH day so much more routine in controlling BG levels.
Looking forward to w/ end and wishing you all a good one.

Back