Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.9.

I’m up ridiculously early as I’m taking my very heavily pregnant middle daughter to the hospital for a growth scan, on the baby, not her! She doesn’t drive and her hubby can’t get off work, Our local hospital is within spitting distance for her, but they deemed it an “emergency” last Thursday when she was at her midwife appointment and they’ve booked her one at Penrith hospital! Which if she lived with me would take about 20 minutes, but I’ve to pick her up at the other end of the town which at 8am could be busy with school runs and commuters. Then I’ll drop her back at work, in the town ( she finishes on Thursday, thank goodness, don’t know how she’s lasted so long she’s on her feet eight hours a day, five days a week), pop to Marks and Spencer to pick up a click and collect ( school shirts for 11year old granddaughter starting secondary school in September) and go for the monthly big shop in Tesco and local butchers/greengrocers/ fishmongers. Goodness knows what time I’ll get home. Can’t grumble, I’ve done nowt for the last two/three days! 😉 Oh and the forecast is heavy rain, all day!

Have a good day all.

Morning all. 5.9.

I’m up ridiculously early as I’m taking my very heavily pregnant middle daughter to the hospital for a growth scan, on the baby, not her! She doesn’t drive and her hubby can’t get off work, Our local hospital is within spitting distance for her, but they deemed it an “emergency” last Thursday when she was at her midwife appointment and they’ve booked her one at Penrith hospital! Which if she lived with me would take about 20 minutes, but I’ve to pick her up at the other end of the town which at 8am could be busy with school runs and commuters. Then I’ll drop her back at work, in the town ( she finishes on Thursday, thank goodness, don’t know how she’s lasted so long she’s on her feet eight hours a day, five days a week), pop to Marks and Spencer to pick up a click and collect ( school shirts for 11year old granddaughter starting secondary school in September) and go for the monthly big shop in Tesco and local butchers/greengrocers/ fishmongers. Goodness knows what time I’ll get home. Can’t grumble, I’ve done nowt for the last two/three days! 😉 Oh and the forecast is heavy rain, all day!

Have a good day all.
Hope all goes well! 🙂

Hope all goes well! 🙂
Thanks Alan. Sure it will, they think baby might be a bit big. Because of her age, she’s 37, it counts as a geriatric pregnancy and they are a bit more cautious. If he is bigger than he should be they will probably start her a couple of weeks early. Or it could just be all wind and watter! ( As we say in these parts). :rofl:

@eggyg were twins this morning! 5.9 as well!

Hope the appointment goes well for your daughter and baby bump.

Tosca last night was utterly sublime. Angel Blue has to be one of the best opera singers alive today. Her control and her ability to bring emotion to the music is really quite remarkable.

Morning hope all goes well Eggy and good to see you back posting Colin.
A 5.1 for me so very close and a virtual perfect trend overnight.
I did more walking yesterday not crazy but back to my levels of a few months ago and it has a big impact.I really do not want to adjust my 6u of basal as it is consistent but I have been going a little low as I have adjusted my bolus.
WFH yesterday and we had a handyman in doing some work so I had more routine.
I reduced my bolus to try and maintain my levels so had 4u for breakfast and lunch and only 3u for my evening meal despite having potatoes etc and I was 5.5 before going to bed.
I had a scone ( no bolus insulin) at 11pm and then a rise to 8 and a gentle decline overnight.
Anyway wet morning and a trip to the Wirral so see what it brings but much happier with BG control but no doubt it will come back to haunt me soon.

Good morning 4.5 today

Think best to have a banana before I drive
couldn’t face breakfast this time of the day but obviously need to raise levels to over 5
as need to drive (take my wife to work at 07:00) after I take her to work that’s when I usually eat.

Have a lovely day everybody 😎

Morning 5.7 for me.
2nd pond expert today to sort out filters and repair what the first one did lots of running about to do in the next couple of days which will keep me out of trouble.
Took my friend to her retinopathy laser treatment yesterday, sobering experience.
Stay safe everyone.

Morning all. 6.4 on the Libre.

Ych a fi, glaw mân! / Yuk, drizzle! July’s turning into a total washout. Off to get new car tyres this morning, and lunch out afterwards. There’s a veeeery nice cafe near the tyre place, and it’s reasonably-priced too - unheard of around these parts!

Don’t forget to let us know how it went @eggyg.

Good morning everyone

BG 5.3

Its raining here again! However, a slight drizzle can be quite nice to walk in, but not the downpour we have right now (and the blustery autumnal wind)

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

A 4.7 for me this morning. 🙂 Dull and damp - can't believe it's the 2nd week of July. 😱

Dez

Good morning 6.0 - undeserved as ate 2 mars bars yesterday afternoon after going wobbly. No idea if high or low but they did fix it!

Pressure washed end wall of house and discovered small chip in render on corner. FIxed it but couldn't carry on with washing as mortar needed to go off so went house hunting. Nothing worth considering - lousy properties and lots of neighbours. Still the weather wasn't bad and I saw some lovely countryside. Today is forecast for a wet morning with overcast afternoon. Looks very grey outside currently and quite chilly. Tomorrow looks a little better. I draw the line at splash back from washer combined with deluge from the sky. July? Huh!

Got a couple of places to see so may do a quick drive by to cross them off the now very short list. One looks a possible - walking distance of village shop with 4 acres and stables. No sign of any gardening effort so potential for improvement. Price would allow me to pay off daughter's mortgage. Cancer + money worries not sensible as stress bad for immune system. Anyone know the numbers for Euro milions tonight?

Life is a bit of a bugger sometimes, isn't it?

Wishing everyone a good day of 5.2s and some sunshine.

@TinaD Something like this might suit after a Euromillions win maybe…
Stables, ménage, paddock etc. A perfectly manageable 950 acres…

Good moaning! Yet again abot 90 minutes sleep then Phantom Pain. Was ~6,0 two hours ago but now 11.3!

Rain running down kitchen window!

Good morning 2! The Pain Peaks are different as they often come down. I suspect the adrenaline causes a rise with little glucose involved unlikely a carby meal. Woke to a HS!

Still raining...

Screenshot_20240709-081957.png

@ColinUK £17000,000 is that all? Hmmm I would expect round tower things for that sort of money!! And dragons!

360_F_575544882_BkBvQ8UfEf64RSL8vADFfmsDIwkFgDrH.jpg

Morning all

5.8 this morning, only plans today are to go and see my mum. Will be walking home in the rain I am sure.

@eggyg - hope everything goes well for your daughter today.

@ColinUK - nice to see you back again.

@TinaD - just reading you posts make me feel tired, hope you are able to get this sorted so you can help your daughter and her children.

Morning All - 7.something this morning but I didn't concentrate. Raining today but we've had nice weather for the last several so can't complain - got loads of gardening done ahead of going up to Harris tomorrow and then coming back to a jungle in 2.5 weeks time! Taking my Mum down to Kendal for a hearing aid appointment in a bit. I've managed to scrape my TIR back up to 84 so very pleased with that. Have a good day everyone xxx

Morning all and 6.2 for me. Stotting it down with thunder and lightning promised for later. After Sunday's stroll down the prom at Blackpool a bit of a shock to the system. I'm sure there'll be another fine day this summer.

Have a good day everyone.

Back